1 x 46inch 1920x1080 Samsung LCD TV

3 x 23inch 6048x1080 Dell U2312HM

Idle temps are:

GPU #1 - 58c

GPU #2 - 45c

CPU Package - 38c

Under load the GPUs go up to high 80s and CPU to high 50s-low 60s

That's a nice increase Drexa, you should notice the difference with that Smile

Overclocked the graphicscards just to beat David, turned them back to stock atm since i havent had the use for extra power from them so far :P

Poor old David, going from Important to Impotent in the cyber world, got to sting a little Smug

Don't think crossfire is working too well with 7970s atm.

Still unsure about my 7970, a little annoyed with the dumb voltage limit. I might actually send it back and either get the gigabyte windforce version, or maybe even a 670 GTX seen as they release in.... 1 hour from now and are mean't to be nearly as good as a 680 GTX. In fact the windforce 670 actually uses the same PCB as the 680 even.

Ernesto wrote on Thu, 10 May 2012 13:41
Me and Drexa (well, Drexa at least) is scoring the same results with his

Tumble wrote on Thu, 10 May 2012 12:56

Still unsure about my 7970, a little annoyed with the dumb voltage limit. I might actually send it back and either get the gigabyte windforce version, or maybe even a 670 GTX seen as they release in.... 1 hour from now and are mean't to be nearly as good as a 680 GTX. In fact the windforce 670 actually uses the same PCB as the 680 even.

I flashed the msi bios onto my his 5870 in order to change voltage

Kunasha wrote on Thu, 10 May 2012 16:41
Tumble wrote on Thu, 10 May 2012 12:56

I flashed the msi bios onto my his 5870 in order to change voltage

Too late, he was just telling me he ordered a GTX670 this afternoon Grin

Haha yeh ordered a Gigabyte 670 windforce OC. I'll choose which one I want to send back over the weekend.

Apparently a small overclock on a 670 puts it on the same performance as a reference 680 and further overclocking takes it beyond. I know you can also overclock a 680 but its quite a bit cheaper so maybe a little better value.

I have tried to asked Asus if they have an updated bios for me but they have just not responded, leaving me less of an Asus fanboy from now on. Flashing it to like an msi bios would void the warranty so didn't really wanna go there so soon after buying it.

But you can save your current bios (or download it) and flash back if needed.

Besides, if you have money to spend on a replacement (obviously) it's a moot point

I didn't really have the money, used a credit card for the replace and will pay it off when I get refunded for the one I send back :)

Enabled XMB RAM profile, apparantly that boosts your 3dmark score also a little. Didnt know that ram had any effect on the 3dmark score.

P9617

Your 3570 will go higher easy if you wanna increase your score. 4.6 would probably put you over 10k.

I only had to go to 1.28V to get that and no more than 65

I have to go to 1.3 for 4,5. Prime hits 70c then.

And I only get P9733

Thats quite alot of extra volt and temperature for 120more points. hehe

Yeah, I'm just gonna stick with 4,2. It runs like a dream with pretty low voltage and low temps.

P9639

Maybe that ill try to lower the voltage a bit more later. ^.^ See how close we can get to that 1v under load. Grin

Can really tell btw that ivy has heat issues, it doesnt matter much if I turn op all the fans or not. The heatsink just doesnt seem to be able to soak up more heat from the tiny little thing with its silly paste below the IHS.

I must have a 'good' chip then I guess. I was just thinking it might help a little in those CPU intensive MMO's we play :)

Temps seem high though what cooler do you use?

Cogency wrote on Sun, 13 May 2012 19:15
The 1.28 was what you set in the bios right? or was that the vcore in CPU-Z under load?

Both! Evil or Very Mad

LLC is auto / standard. When I manually set Vcore it stays at that. +- 0.002v or something anyway. I'll double check when I get in.

I dont really know much about this Vdroop LLC stuff..

But I see in the bios that my mobo has 5 levels and an auto. On auto it dropped almost 0,1v. (auto is level 5) I've now set it to level 1 and it is underload almost exactly the same. (the higher the level, the more it drops. I dont know why how or what..)

Anyway, set it to 1.1v in the bios, cpuid shows the same now. Running at 4,2ghz.

Don't really know what the downside is or if its good or bad with that enabled at level 1.

bios.jpg