Sign in to follow this  
Calyn

Diablo 3

I think the AH will hurt the longevity of he game. In D1 and D2 endless hours of farm runs in hope to get a good item was what made the game.

Now you just go and buy it on the AH. Then you beat the game on all Difficulty settings ( maybe - trololol)

Done, next game.

Coots wrote on Thu, 24 May 2012 15:30
I think the AH will hurt the longevity of he game. In D1 and D2 endless hours of farm runs in hope to get a good item was what made the game.

Now you just go and buy it on the AH. Then you beat the game on all Difficulty settings ( maybe - trololol)

Done, next game.

And the good items on AH is super cheap.

I've been struggling around dying everywhere trying to farm better items, even spent like 6k gold to buy a minor weapon upgrade from vendor.

Then realized that I could get 50% better weapons for 1k gold on AH...

-.-'

I died to some mobs and now I'm really annoyed.

I hate the auction house also it makes everything too "easy".

Everything is shit.

I'll try this again some other day when I don't hate everything this much qq.

ZetZek wrote on Thu, 24 May 2012 17:32
I died to some mobs and now I'm really annoyed.

I hate the auction house also it makes everything too "easy".

Everything is shit.

I'll try this again some other day when I don't hate everything this much qq.

lol'd :D

Sinful wrote on Thu, 24 May 2012 16:08

Oh. No. Wait. It looked like it sucked ass and i'd rather poke my eyes out then spend 30h+ running a 10min route praying to get drops. :)

Some people enjoy these kind of things. Also, why would anyone pay attention to former WoW-players streams, if it wasn't something out of ordinary? I mean, if I go and stream me playing a demon hunter on normal difficulty, how many would watch that shit? Then compare how many watches Kungen's solo HC stuff with a erection?

In all games, what you do, that makes you enjoy your playing the most - Is what you should do ;)

To add something to this discussion; I have to say, the cooperate mode with friends is actually ten times more fun, than playing solo. I don't even bother logging in, unless there is a friend to play with! =) (that's why im so low level, no friends there to play with Q_Q)

Done, next game.

Problem is the itemization. Unique/Legendary items are shit, the complete stat randomization makes no sense with how attributes work - the Auction House seems to actually have been built around the fact that most of the gear you find is worthless to your character. Blizzard really needs to fix this or they won't be able to retain the gigantic long-term fan base DII had and has.

There should also be an option to disable events, the (horrible) story gets in the way too much.

I just played a little of the Torchlight II beta, and man, it's simply the better game - aside from production value. They even spoof the Leoric fight :D.

Neara wrote on Thu, 24 May 2012 22:54

Done, next game.

Problem is the itemization. Unique/Legendary items are shit, the complete stat randomization makes no sense with how attributes work - the Auction House seems to actually have been built around the fact that most of the gear you find is worthless to your character. Blizzard really needs to fix this or they won't be able to retain the gigantic long-term fan base DII had and has.

There should also be an option to disable events, the (horrible) story gets in the way too much.

I just played a little of the Torchlight II beta, and man, it's simply the better game - aside from production value. They even spoof the Leoric fight :D.

can't you just press esc. button to cancel events? o.o

Yes, but you still have to follow the same path and fight the same bosses over and over again. There's no exploration, no alternative paths, no changing world maps, and the story stops you every thirty minutes. Just a personal gripe that wouldn't annoy me quite as much if the plot was told better or made at least some sense.

Trying out a low life/high mitigation build with my WD. Tanking my way through Act III of Hell atm. Grin Probably gonna get nerfed too.

Tried the same Arch, and yes, i can see it getting nerfed sadly.

You can still die to alot of things, but it really does make some packs more fun then tedious, which i guess isn't what Blizzard intends.

Edit: Wow, Blizz beat me too it. http://d3db.com/blue/thread/5235398345/us

"Hey, the Wizards found another clever build that does NOT involve them kiting packs for 10 minutes each! NERF THAT SHIT BRO"

Janne wrote on Thu, 24 May 2012 18:43

Some people enjoy these kind of things. Also, why would anyone pay attention to former WoW-players streams, if it wasn't something out of ordinary? I mean, if I go and stream me playing a demon hunter on normal difficulty, how many would watch that shit? Then compare how many watches Kungen's solo HC stuff with a erection?

That's why i wrote "I get the challenge, and it's great that some people enjoy it. More power to you and everyone should do what they find the most fun." Reading comprehension? :)

Kungen has ~1500 viewers cause he's the former GL of one of the most successfull and profiled WoW-guilds, not cause he's playing HC. Also people want to see him die, atlesat that's why i watch now and then :P

The biggest streams (3000+) are still Softcore, so you're way off. That noone would watch YOU play Softcore really doesn't say much.

Add me also kroepoek#2943

Also since 2 persons in my friendlist got hacked in the last couple of days. Anyone has experience with the smartphone app? Is it safe, or should I go for the apparatus that you can purchase.

Level 40 hardcore now... I like it. The auction house has a meaning... Have to take things a bit slower. And its just nice having a risk!

Maybe I can reach 50 this weekend...

This is mine, didn't play Diablo II at all, and didn't really use battlenet tool while playin WoW, so might miss quite some people

Eaglix#2269

Archantos wrote on Fri, 25 May 2012 12:06
Mine is: Archantos#2817

in case someone wants to have erotic conversations or free loot!

Hunter loot? Grin

Helias wrote on Fri, 25 May 2012 12:39
Archantos wrote on Fri, 25 May 2012 12:06
Mine is: Archantos#2817

in case someone wants to have erotic conversations or free loot!

Hunter loot? Grin

Really. I don't get anything else than stupid quivers, bows and DEX items

Paintman. wrote on Fri, 25 May 2012 09:56
Add me also kroepoek#2943

Also since 2 persons in my friendlist got hacked in the last couple of days. Anyone has experience with the smartphone app? Is it safe, or should I go for the apparatus that you can purchase.

"The Battletag does not exist"

Hardcore players, I want to play with you!

My real ID is Foxdies#2661