Sign in to follow this  
Calyn

Diablo 3

Btw, if anyone missed it this chart can be interesting, it's how mobs scale in different difficulties depending on number of players.

Normal

# Players HP% Damage%

1 100% 100%

2 175% 100%

3 250% 100%

4 325% 100%

Nightmare

# Players HP% Damage%

1 100% 100%

2 185% 105%

3 270% 110%

4 355% 115%

Hell

# Players HP% Damage%

1 100% 100%

2 195% 110%

3 290% 120%

4 385% 130%

Inferno

# Players HP% Damage%

1 100% 100%

2 210% 115%

3 320% 130%

4 430% 145%

Hehe drakhorn, it's true that everything what drops is for demon hunter. Bows or quivers. GG. I hate this game. Delete. Shit.

Demon Hunter here! Could use some good lewt ;-)I only get INT or Barb stuff dropped.

Naftapete wrote on Mon, 21 May 2012 16:42
Hehe drakhorn, it's true that everything what drops is for demon hunter. Bows or quivers. GG. I hate this game. Delete. Shit.

Try demon hunter and curse that every drop is for barb or monk ffs,even crafted with random stats :D

anyways easy to get those cheap gear from AH since seems to be alot of demon hunter loot there :)

ppl say that demon hunter is overpowered, currently 52lvl and having 5K base dps from gear, trying to keep my gear close to character lvl, with proper skillset I can pretty much 1-2 shot everything but rare elites at hell dificulty (beast sweep + impale + valley of death is the shit at 3 elite groups)

And clearing trash with spamming elemental arrow with ball of lightning rune (is getting bit boring but its most effective)

how does other classes have base dps etc?

llewela is playing a demon hunter, lvl 54. He goes over 9000 dmg !

With "def spec" aka CB and shield, it's 5k and over 32k HP

Smoked :/

The "Overpowered" isn't coming from damage, it's from CC/Escape/mobility.

From what i've seen of streams and playing myself damage is pretty close over all classes, given specs and gear can vary alot. But any class gearing for example max damage can put out similar numbers.

Where it differs is as i said the utility or how you handle/avoid the incoming damage. Once you get to Inferno doing damage starts beeing less important, cause if you're not fully geared etc there's NO WAY you can burst down a difficult pack of elites. Of course you still need to do ok damage, but you can't do "the best defence is a good offence" if you don't want to die alot. You're still gonna die even if your carefull, just less.

Anyhow, the classes do this different. This is all from what i've seen and my own thoughts, i won't guarantee that it's true.

Barbs - They tank. As well as they can. Together with Ignore Pain and a few talents they reduce incoming damage by alot, AoE-stun and try to dish out as much damage as possible before they need to get the hell out to regen.

Monks - They tank, but since atleast some of their abilities are ranged (albeit low range) they can also kite a bit. It's alot more dangerous then on a ranged char, but i've seen it done.

They rely more on dodge and also have some nice invuln stuff, an aura and some attacks i think?

Witch Doctors - Kite. Slows and Spirit Walk to stay away.

Demon Hunter - Kite. I guess this is where other classes are jealous: Smoke Screen + Vault. I'm not familiar with the resource-system of the DH, but i know that SS has no CD and can atleast be used 3 times in a row? Also Vault, which is a no CD teleport. Add Preparation to refill Disciplin once every 45s and you got alot of possibilities to get away.

Wizards - Tank or kite. There's a build with Wizards, similar to the 55hp monk of Guild Wars if anyone played that. A shield that decreases all damage to max 35% of your maximum hp. So some MINIMIZE their vitality down to like a few thousand hitpoints, then stack Life Regen. So mobs hit max for ~1000 and you regen

I have a question is anyone knows.

I am currently at hell end of act 1, when i try to play at nightmare diff it says that i will loose my current progress if i do that.

Does that mean that i will have to play hell act 1 all over again if i do so?

Helias:

No, you will not have to play the whole act again, but your current mainquest might reset.

Each act is divided into quests. If you start a new game, in any difficulty etc, you choose which quest you start at. These are also the "main" savepoints.

So if you're for example on the quest "Reign of the Black King" in Act I you might be just outside the door to the Skeleton King. If you start a new game with that quest you will find yourself back in Tristram, and need to clear down to his door again, but you will not need to repeat any previous quests.

In the spoiler below is a list of the 4 Acts and their quests.

Toggle Spoiler
Act I

The Fallen Star

The Legacy of Cain

A Shattered Crown

Reign of the Black King

Sword of the Stranger

The Broken Blade

The Doom in Wortham

Trailing the Coven

The Imprisoned Angel

Return to New Tristam

Act II

Shadows in the Desert

The Road to Alcarnus

City of Blood

A Royal Audience

Unexpected Allies

Betrayer of the Horadrim

Blood and Sand

The Black Soulstone

The Scouring of Caldeum

Lord of Lies

Act III

The Siege of Bastion’s Keep

Turning the Tide

The Breached Keep

Tremors in the Stone

Machines of War

Siegebreaker

Heart of Sin

Act IV

Fall of the High Heavens

The Light of Hope

Beneath the Spire

Prime Evil

Finished normal last night... I think I won't bother with nightmare etc...

Instead move on to a HC character <3

There's another side to the Wizard tankbuild as well. I guess it's pretty well known, but I thought I'd add it anyway. Get some crit% and use as many dots as you can. You also need the Critical Mass passive. This will result in Diamond Skin having close to no CD at all

I think they're gonna nerf this somehow. I mean, reducing hits to 35% is actually really good enough in itself in Inferno where mobs hit for 30+k. That you can stack regen + minimize life is a tad silly.

Wizards would be squishier without it no doubt, but then again say hello to Barbs, Monks and WD's who are really suffering atm.

Edit: Oh, didn't think of that, but haven't checked the lvl 60 builds all that much since i'm still leveling. Thanks for the tip Jimi :)

Did level 2-35 yesterday in ~7h. It's so much fun playing a twink!

Normal is the "fun" casual mode...

HC is very interesting one. I did not die on normal even once, never tried harder difficulties.

But HC, that just gets you to play more seriously. Risk of loosing all the time, sweat, coins, etc. For one mistake hehe...

Thing that completly and utterly disqualifies HC for me is no offline mode. There's no way in heaven or hell i'll put hours and hours and hours work on the chanse that my link doesn't crap out.

I might try it sometime if we do like a 4 person permagroup, other than that no.

yeah good luck in HC mr. "I DID NOT DIE ON NORMAL EVEN ONCE, NEVER TRIED HARDER DIFFICULTIES"

:::::::::::::::DDDDDDDDDDDDD

ZetZek wrote on Tue, 22 May 2012 14:00
yeah good luck in HC mr. "I DID NOT DIE ON NORMAL EVEN ONCE, NEVER TRIED HARDER DIFFICULTIES"

:::::::::::::::DDDDDDDDDDDDD

This Smug

Wow, going HC before even getting 60 and seeing what the game is actually like is risky, impressive if you pull it off getting to 60 without repeating normal/HM quests x500.

Not dying on normal and thinking you're ready for HC Hell+ is like blowing out a candle and thinking you're ready to be a firefighter. There's a fine line between bold and stupid, i hope you land on the right side :)

For reference i did 1-35 yesterday (Normal + SK Nightmare) using a grand total of 2 health potions. Playing my other char just through Hell got me killed probably 40+ times, and i'm not even gonna start counting Inferno.

Once again, good luck :)

You people clearly never played D2 HC... I know what to expect from HC =P and I did loose hundreds of hours and lots of characters in D2 HC as well.

In D2, you had to overlevel and farm drops so fucking much, to reach the next difficulty. Especially solo. But I think that is how I will play most of the time until I am properly geared.

But thats what makes it fun.

When you die, you are dead...

But D3 makes it easier, so you can have a common bank etc...

Edit: I just think it is a little bit waste of time, only playing the normal mode. Which the HC gamers will not focus on at all. It is for those WoW-no skill people. And casuals.

I rather make 10 new characters than play the casual mode Beaver

That is the option I've been missing for a long time. If you die a PK death, you loose all gear at least. But this is even more hc, loose even the character Heart

I had a 53 necro in diablo 2 hc, one day i teleported on a pad full of monsters that someone had pulled over :P

53 is not that high, sure it takes some weeks solo, or proper boosting for a few days.

After 80 you got kind of far, after 90 you could say that you knew how to farm.

But usually at 70-80, I got bored of farming and more careless, then dead hehe.

Finally my first Legendary. Level 5 belt.......... With the worst stats in the world. (and that in act 2 HC..)

Cogency wrote on Tue, 22 May 2012 16:44
Finally my first Legendary. Level 5 belt.......... With the worst stats in the world. (and that in act 2 HC..)

Is common knowledge that legendaries are only legenderies in color Cog, blues and rares are better in this game :P

At least with the current item database.

Finally got time to play and bought the game :-) Installing as we speak!