Sign in to follow this  
Ultimate

Berserk

So I stumbled across this in the top 200 anime list, and after reading the description about the show I decided to try it out:

Quote:
Gatts, an incredibly powerful warrior, is a lone swordsman in a medieval-fantasy world. He loses in a battle with a mysterious swordsman named Griffith, who holds a powerful pendant called the Eye of God. As the story progresses, secrets are revealed and the darkest depths of fantasy combat and political intrigue are explored.

The first episode was enough to catch my interest, and will most likely to watch every of the episodes if it continues like that. Of course the drawing isn't as good as it is on bleach/naruto, but for a slaughter anime it doesn't really matter!

Will be interesting to keep watching this if it goes on like in the first episodes, in terms of does he save someone or not

Toggle Spoiler
As in, it took him ages to come to that girls rescue but once he did he didn't say like "let go off her"... No, he just cut the people in half :D - and eventually the whole town got killed anyways so yeah

But yeah I think this could be worth enough of 3-4 hearts. Depending on the ending of course

Classic one, realy good.

KInda like the first episode is the last one thing :P

QQ

damn it ended strangely. Like, if it would have been made to have second season. The ending was just... Horrible.

Enjoyed it though, 3 Hearts

Ulti the ending is strange , because the company who made the anime ran out of cash and so no further episodes were made.

Is a true shame, as it's one of my favorite animes of all time.

However, the berserk anime is ofc based on the Berserk Manga, which is much more violent and sexually exsplicit, and the story continues (for 292 ! chapters so far .... 31 volumes. The anime series basically spans the early volumes of Berserk and goes through Volume 12 )

It's an epic tale and worth a read if you have a few weeks spare.

Here's a link where you can start reading from the beginning (and you must start from the beginning as the anime ofc left many many things out)

http://www.thespectrum.net/manga_scans/berserk/

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/berserk-volume-01.html

(all free and translated, no need to download or register)