Sign in to follow this  
Tornaattori

Router problems!

So I just bought a Cisco Linksys WRT160N v3 router and it is just ripping me off my bandwidth. When I'm connected directly to my wall socket, I'm at ~95Mb/s, but when the router is plugged in, it sinks down to 2-6Mb/s

Any suggestions?

See if there is any firmware updates.

If that doesn't help, and I were you, I'd just give it back and ask for a working one...

i used to own a cisco linksys router (different model) and eventhough the lanspeeds were awesome the WAN connection was limited to 25mbit...

that kinda sucked so i got a different router :P

Jimi wrote on Sat, 19 June 2010 01:31
You must be able to disable the cap somehow, right?

in my case it wasnt a cap but a limitation on the hardware... it simply couldnt handle more then 25 mbit.. googled it and it was all over in the internetz...

before i did the firmware upgrade (i had to confirm i wasnt a terrorist and i lived in a country the US didnt have a trade embargo with 5 times before they would let me download it) it was only giving me 16mbit

both suck since my internet is 30mbit :P

You'd have to google the make/model and see if you could find it in the technical manual, but I don't recollect them documenting such limitations.

Guess it depends on the manufacturer Ulti.

same here using the zyxel P-334WT router. No lagg or discs but connection from 1800 kb/s to 400 kb/s.. updated firmware to latest version

I'm still nagging about the fucking bandwith loss. I tried almost everything, with fuckng aroudn settings or returning to factory default.

It's both the wireless and cable. Haven't found any good google-guide to the awesomeness yet. Anyone

If nothing helps you are either 90 years old and cannot tell the difference between a monitor and a computer, or.. the router is broken :D

Since it caps so low even with cable plugged in i would say its shitty hardware and not a settings problem.. I dont have any real experience with the zyxel routers though, their dsl modems are stable enough but thats as far as my knowledge goes..

Sign in to follow this