Coots

Game of Thrones

Episode 7 did air last night for people who are subscribers to the HBO Go on demand service thing.

Ya I heard there was two this week but imdb only shows episode 6 being shown.. still gonna enjoy it after work

Toggle Spoiler
He's called Bronn, he is basically a sellsword.

He helped the imp because he saw an awesome opportunity to gain a good reward. Which was a pretty good move, since Tyrion is a Lannister... and a Lannister always pays his debts. And Tyrion is going to be generous with him, indeed.

He's quite an important character, we'll see him more often later.

Sarya wrote on Wed, 25 May 2011 08:43
Toggle Spoiler
He's called Bronn, he is basically a sellsword.

He helped the imp because he saw an awesome opportunity to gain a good reward. Which was a pretty good move, since Tyrion is a Lannister... and a Lannister always pays his debts. And Tyrion is going to be generous with him, indeed.

He's quite an important character, we'll see him more often later.

Toggle Spoiler

I thought it was something like that, but it wasnt really crystal clear. But then I can always ask you book geeks *shrug*

I read only 20 pages of the book, its already more legendary^epic compared to the series

The show is incredibly well casted but it really suffers from weak dialogue and the predictable storyline (Yes, 6 episodes in and there still hasn't been a single surprise that you couldn't see from miles away).

I don't know it's because of the source material or because they have directed it like that to ensure the audience can keep up or something.

Gotta love the characters though, all very distinct and likeable, even if they are dislikeable so to speak.

The show is most definitely worth watching and it is miles ahead of any other fantasy show and it's surely competing with other costume series like Tudors and Borgias in quality, although not so much in script and dialogue.

I found the books to be far less predictable than most other fantasy, but can't tell you why :P

Minor spoilers, nothing specific:

Toggle Spoiler

Ernesto what did you delete, mod edit in this thread? :P

Maybe we should agree on some spoiler guidelines? It seems unnecessary to tag stuff that has already aired, so maybe only tag book spoilers?

Would be nice if something exciting happened, instead of all this boring backstab chat.

Calyn wrote on Wed, 25 May 2011 13:02
It seems unnecessary to tag stuff that has already aired

Not everyone watches the episodes the same day they've aired. And some people might see the series later on. So that's not very wise.

Yeah but if you haven't seen the series, why would you even go to page 2 in this thread? This way every second post is just completely in spoiler tags :P

meh whatever

There are useful posts like the one I posted at the end of page 1 that shows a link to a summary of all families and their tree's and connections to eachother. It's kinda suckmyballs if you read a spoiler of episode 5 along the way.

Calyn wrote on Wed, 25 May 2011 13:02
I found the books to be far less predictable than most other fantasy, but can't tell you why :P

Aye, there were a few moments that really hit in the gut.

Biggest issue I'm having with the series is still the pacing, which isn't really helped by the fact that some rather poorly executed and drawn-out conversation scenes are favored over actual storytelling. That, and Sansa.

I also don't understand why they chose to add additional scenes to some character like Littlefinger, who doesn't really need those scenes at this point, or fucking Theon Greyjoy - which then leads to other characters being completely neglected, like the Hound.

Edit: Might it be just cause Littlefinger is played by a more established actor and they want to give him more screen time? Stil doesn't explain Theon though. They explained it like 5 times now that he is a ward/hostage.

Dialogues are indeed incredibly weak, but the show is entertaining enough; even for those who have not read the books.

Last episode was awesome! I really need to read those books I think... Maybe i'll have time this summer.

episode 8 was stellar agian, damn... I have to wait a week for the next one.

Bought the books (or the 2 first) so wont be looking the telly show before I finish the books. Actually I am waiting quite anxiously to read 'em. Will have a bit more time in the near future so I could read more than 5 pages at a time.

Calyn wrote on Mon, 13 June 2011 10:54
Toggle Spoiler
Oh, the nerdrage all over the internetz <3 - can't wait for season 2

Like what ? Haven't read much about it, but it has to be funny :P

Sarya wrote on Tue, 14 June 2011 06:03
Calyn wrote on Mon, 13 June 2011 10:54
Toggle Spoiler

Like what ? Haven't read much about it, but it has to be funny :P

Toggle Spoiler