Sign in to follow this  
Howley

UFC

Ultimate fighter s11e10 - Yager is really fun to watch fight, he feels like a character from a street fighter game!

If anyone get a torrent for UFC 115 fast, please dont be shy to post a link... I didnt get the UFC 114 until 2 days later =/

Ask Gromk / Makril for mmatracker invite. I've lost my account because I've been slacking to long but I remember inviting them. mmatracker is always super fast. or better get a newsgroups account (no need to upload and always on the next day)

Send me your email adress, seems as if I can invite to the tracker... Though it's ratio-dependant so you'll have to seed and stuff.

But MMA-tracker RULES. 5/5 A&V uploads the second the event is over more or less.

UFC 115 results inside

Chuck vs Frank - Frank with KO, suffers broken arm

Cro Cop vs Barry - Cro Cop, good fight!

Thiago vs Kampmann - Kampmann, Thiago was just shut down

Rothwell vs Yvel - Rothwell, watch this fight

Other matches I didn't get to see..

...Discuss

Toggle Spoiler
Felt bad for the Macdonald kid. Liked his style, but he needs to work on his ground technique.

Franklin lucky punch in my opinion. Kudos for continuing to fight despite broken arm, I would scream like a little girl, let alone blow punches with it.

Cro Cop v Barry was good. I still don't like how Mirko fights last few years. Seems so scared.

Kampmann was very strong.

Rothwell v Yvel was pretty boring. The fatty would just sit on Yvel and he couldn't move anywhere.

Steven Seagal training Anderson Silva. Seems he was quite impressed with the Aikido stuff.

After seeing the count down I'm all up for some Carwin - Lessnar predictions!

1) Who has the better standup game?

2) Who has the better ground game (wrestling+jiu jitsu)?

3) Who will win?

My predictions:

1) Carwin 2ez

2) This is a though one because I don't know how good Lesnar's jiu jitsu is but I think combined Carwin should have a small edge

3) I think Carwin, because his 5 times XL hands are going to destroy Lesnar's 4 times XL hands XD

I have spent the past year saying Shane Carwin will be the first to knock out Brock. I will stand by my prediction made the first time I saw that dude. Shane is a even bigger beast than Brock.

Toggle Spoiler
Wow, I'm surprised. I didn't expect Shane to be gassed after 1 round. Sure it was a heavy round, but it definitely looked like he gave up fast in the triangle.

I kinda wonder if he really made the mistake of taking the choke loosely trying to get some gas. I mean common you can't except Brock not to tighten it up, right?

Surprised no one brought up the UFC 117 yet, just got to watch it and...

Toggle Spoiler
Silva was dominated but 30sec of Sonnen not paying attention and he gets submitted. Don't like Sonnen and don't care bout Silva but Sonnen deserved it, pity he fucked it up in the end.

Howley wrote on Mon, 09 August 2010 02:41
Surprised no one brought up the UFC 117 yet, just got to watch it and...

Toggle Spoiler
Silva was dominated but 30sec of Sonnen not paying attention and he gets submitted. Don't like Sonnen and don't care bout Silva but Sonnen deserved it, pity he fucked it up in the end.

Toggle Spoiler
I HATE CHAEL SONNEN!! But he pretty much deserved to win, atleast if you ask the BBQ blonde girl who watched MMA for the first time in her life. I can't argue with that, so I'll just have to agree..

Toggle Spoiler

I think its boring that you can win by laying ontop of someone for 25 min. I mean he didnt bother trying to improve his position or go for submissions just took him down and battered him a little, looked good forst 2 rounds but after that there wasnt much power in the punches, If i had been judge i would stood em up a couple of times atleast.

Grushk wrote on Tue, 10 August 2010 10:37
Toggle Spoiler

I think its boring that you can win by laying ontop of someone for 25 min. I mean he didnt bother trying to improve his position or go for submissions just took him down and battered him a little, looked good forst 2 rounds but after that there wasnt much power in the punches, If i had been judge i would stood em up a couple of times atleast.

Toggle Spoiler
I'll start by saying I don't like Silva and I don't like the kind of trash talking Sonnen does.

Anyway you must have been watching a different match then I did, because I was him trying to improve enough times. Then again what he does is called "ground & pound" not "move & improve" :)

Too bad Sonnen lost he deserved it. But...it ain't over until the fat lady sings. Too bad Silva had an excuse again, just like with Maia. If he doesn't beat somebody in the first 2 rounds he's got an excuse ready...

THC wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 18:52
Grushk wrote on Tue, 10 August 2010 10:37
Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler
I'll start by saying I don't like Silva and I don't like the kind of trash talking Sonnen does.

Anyway you must have been watching a different match then I did, because I was him trying to improve enough times. Then again what he does is called "ground & pound" not "move & improve" :)

Too bad Sonnen lost he deserved it. But...it ain't over until the fat lady sings. Too bad Silva had an excuse again, just like with Maia. If he doesn't beat somebody in the first 2 rounds he's got an excuse ready...

I love you.

Toggle Spoiler
Well as for myself I have never been a fan of the trash talk at all but creds to Sonnen anyways. He knows "the game" and this fight was very anticipated mostly due to him. It could have been yet another anonymous Anderson win with ease over some random due to lack of stack in the division.

Sonnen did talk the fight up and to at least my own big surprise he delivered and Anderson had to finally work for it. I cant even imagine the pressure to train for a fight against Anderson knowing what he have done to all the fighters in the past. Id love to see a rematch even tho I think Anderson will win again Sonnen have a chance.

Toggle Spoiler

Couture - Toney: PWNED!
Edgar - Penn; weeeeeeeee. I thought it was so funny how 'cool' Penn was trying to play it in the interviews by saying:
"look at him raising his hands, his buddy's picking him up etc" and then he goes "whatever" <- pure frustration at it's max.

Was a good fight, and thumbs up for Edgars take downs.

Toggle Spoiler
Wow that I hadn't commented yet... EDGAR FTW, that was brilliant! I've never had much over for him and he'll loose the belt sure enough, but I hate BJ Penn with a passion, so nice to see a little midget beating his ass in that fashion! Thumbs up!

Toggle Spoiler
Gromk - Urundir wrote on Tue, 07 September 2010 01:42
Wow that I hadn't commented yet... EDGAR FTW, that was brilliant! I've never had much over for him and he'll loose the belt sure enough, but I hate BJ Penn with a passion, so nice to see a little midget beating his ass in that fashion! Thumbs up!

Hehe agree. Penn's hole is exposed which is nice, because he was starting to get so cocky again but in a 'masked' way. Edgar better work hard on his takedown defense because he's gonna be in a world of trouble against Maynard.

I was super impressed by his takedowns though. That was pretty WTF?! against Penn.

What's your call on Mir vs Crocop?

It's a tough one, since both are pretty much past their prime. But I belive Crocop will win. He has superior striking to Mir and has always been hard to submit.

Nice to write something here without spoiler tags for a change. Smug

Sign in to follow this