Sign in to follow this  
Ultimate

_your_ top 10 anime list

Quote:
From browsing this topic I found few awesome animes, and been doing this anime video for fun... See if you find any good animes there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNvPshNaqFc

What is your top 10 anime shows +1 black horse*? They can be series that are still going on, or then that have finished already. Don't just go to some top 100 anime site and take the shows from there... If you like/enjoy some show do share with the rest of us!

If you want to put down why you like the show, feel free to!

* Black horse mark is a show that you think is not that awesome, but holds great potential to become one! Think carefuly of that!

Anyways off to my list:

10. Bleach

-

Aight', this shouldn't really be here, but who can say they doesn't like big swords and huge power ups? It's a still continue serie, but it is quite funny to watch par from the fillers that happen every 2 month. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it's awesome.

Should try it if you're new to anime!

-

9. Sailor Moon

-

A List isn't list without atleast one girly show for people to enjoy. This was one of my first animes ever, and even if I can't remember it well I used to sit infront of tv and watch every saturday when channel four was airing it.

It's about 5 girls fighting monsters, awesome!

-

8. Claymore

-

26 episodes of pure win. Even though it ends un-finished, the cute looking women swinging giant swords is worth to watch the show! If you're intrested of better end than the anime provided, check out the manga!

-

7. Great Teacher Onizuka

-

Toggle Spoiler
Show about a perverted 25 year old ex-bike gang leader, who wishes to be the greatest teacher ever. I can only say this show is pure win. I've watched this 3 times and I'm not still grown old to the cute japanese schoolgirls or the evil plotting of the school guys + the destroying of the vice-principles car is just something to remember!

-

6. Full Moon Wo Sagashite

-

I personally think this is one of the most saddest animes ever. It has it's happy moments and plot twists, and definetly something all should watch, even if it, at first sight seems like a girl anime.

-

5. Koihime Musou (season 1 & 2 & 3, different names though)

-

FAN SERVICE ALL THE WAY + weapons, awesome imo

-

4. Devil May Cry/ Chrono Crusade

-

Ok, these 2 different series share the number four spot. I just couldn't figure out which one was better, so I just put them both there.

Devil May cry follows a guy named Dante, who is a demon hunter. Short serie, but full of awesome.

Chrono is something similar to demon hunting, should check it out if you haven't!

-

3. Death Note

-

Toggle Spoiler

Awesome, awesome show. Definetly a number 3 on my list! Is about a guy who gets a hold of shinigami notebook, that kills the person whos name is in it, in random ways.

I liked the first season really, really much. I was quite disapointed how easily Kira was defeated by the end...

-

2. Code Geass

-

Mindfuck of the year. Recommended to watch both seasons + 3rd when it finally get released

-

Pokemon

-

No description needed.

-

+ black horse:

-

One piece - I personally don't like this show, but considered how long it has been airing and evergrowing fan base. There must be something in to it, apart from the horrible drawings.

The few episodes I watched; I liked a bit of the story behind the characters, and I loved the fact they actually kill theyr main characters (unless they get revived somehow).

One piece is definetly something that could be awesome, but doesn't appeal everyone!

-

Other stuff to mention about;

The melancholy of suzumiya haruhi - It's fun show to watch!

Digimon - one of my favourite shows, wtb the japanese seasons + movies

Fate Stay Night - it's kinda cool anime to watch

Hellsing + Hellsing Ultimate - awesome, awesome series. Hellsing Ultimate was taken from manga so it's much more gore than the original anime versio

Gunslinger girl - show about small children who are assasinators

What are yours?

I'll continue this later !

10. Full Metal Panic

9. Macross Frontiers

8. Bleach

7. One Piece

6. Code Geass

5. Naruto Shippuuden

4. Gundam 00

3. Durarara

2. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

1. D-Grey Man

*will fill them out later*

this is my list. i might forgot some

10 Ghost in the Shell

9- Clannad

8- Kenichi

7- Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!

6- Full Metal Alchemist 1 & 2

5- Hikaru no Go

4- Code Geas

3- Kenshin

2- GTO ( great teacher onizuka

1- Hajime no ippo

the stuff i felt bad for not adding

naruto( atleast the first 50 - 60 episodes )

one piece ( no comment :P )

D-Grey Man ( my 11th spot for sure )

Get backers

and finally - Last exile

Going to just mention my first and edit later because it's late :P

1. Death note

2. FMA 1 and 2

3. Ergo Proxy

4. Hellsing

5. Great teacher onizuka

6. Trigun

7. Monster

8. Hikaru no Go

9. Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

10. Elfen lied

There we go, added rest, but gotta say.. I had a lot more to put on that list which would go in no particalur order.

10. Hellsing : A classic.

9. Death Note : Perfect adaptation.

8. Full Metal Alchemist 1 & 2 : Awesome anime, and surprisingly the remake worths it as well.

7. Vision of Escaflowne : A classic, I love it especially because it's one of the first animes I watched.

6. School Rumble : Probably the anime that made me laugh the most.

5. Code Geass : So bad and so good at the same time. It was some kind of guilty pleasure.

4. Darker than Black : An anime with a huge potential, I hope they'll do more OVA/season on this universe.

3. Black Lagoon : Hot and crazy chicks with guns. What else ?

2. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann : The embodiment of epicness.

1. Cowboy Bebop : Best.anime.ever.forever.

Random stuff :

- Full Metal Panic! series (1&2+Fumoffu) : Very entertaining.

- Claymore : Almost perfect, too bad the end was so shit compared to the manga.

- Soul Eater : A very good manga adaptation, with a ok ending.

- NHK ni Youkouso! : See what the german said.

- ... more if I can think of it.

1. Mushishi

2. Spice and Wolf

3. Cowboy Bebop

4. Black Lagoon

5. FMP

6. GITS

7. Macross

8. TTGL

9. Soul Eater

10. FMA: Brotherhood

Too many good series/movies to even attempt to make a complete list, but that's what I came up with from the top of my head.

Runner ups:

Kara no Kyoukai - One of the best movies(eries) of the last decade

Seirei no Moribito - e-pic

Great Teacher Onizuka - Simply gotta love it.

Darker than Black - The first run is pure gold. The second, not so much.

Code Gayass - It was kind of epic. Lelouches emoface, that is.

Genshiken - If that's not gonna make you wish you'd been born in Japan then I don't know what will.

Detroit Metal City - Almost as good as the manga, awkward but superb comedy

Full Metal Alchemist - Shounen done right

Hoshi no Koe - Q_Q

Akira - Oh the nostalgy

Nodame Cantabile - Classical music can be pretty cool, actually.

Blood+ - Vampires!

Hellsing - Vampires!

Initial D - Car races!

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - An anime sponsored by McDonald's... and it's fucking GAR!

Dennou Coil - Deep and intelligent under the childish-looking outer layer

Last Exile - Pseudo WWII aerial gunfights, with little kids

Byousoku 5 Centimeter - Stunning images

Trigun - The nicest "bad guy" ever.

NHK ni Youkoso! - Should be in the top ten, but the manga was so much better. Awesome story on how to fail at socializing.

10. Eve no Jikan

David, this one is for you. ACE animation.

9. Black Lagoon

A smoking, gunslinging tatooed kickarse chick with no morals whatsoever running rampant through the asian seas? On a speedboat? Rock was kind of cool, too. WTB third barrage!

8. The Vision of Escaflowne

Sneaking out of bed at night just to watch this show... oh the good times. EXCEPT FOR THESE NOSES, GOD DAMN IT! Lupin III goes here, too.

7. Baccano!

Sick, twisted, batshit insane. And a whole lot of fun.

6. Planetes

I cried manly tears.

5. Ghost in the Shell

A vision of the future I would not like being part of.

4. Mushishi

Fantastic journey...

3. Mononoke Hime (well, pretty much everything Ghibli)

2. Cowboy Bebop

This just oozes awesome all over the place. Didn't really like the kiddo, though.

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion

Intense and clever portrayal of the human abyss. One of the most disturbing but at the same time grand pieces of cinematic art I've ever experienced. Not for everyone. Sorry, Micke...

Neara has good taste !

And yeah, Escaflowne was so awesome... except the noses.

edit : How could I forget NHK ni Youkouso ! Adding it.

3. Mononoke Hime (well, pretty much everything Ghibli)

is that he 5 episode(?) long lesbian act serie where male were angels and killed the lesbians?

Gromit wrote on Fri, 21 May 2010 22:20
Well someone had to put that crap Eva in...Grats Neara!

Let's just not start that discussion again. Love it or hate it.

@Janne

It's also that thousands(?) of posts long moronic act where a finnish guy spams the forums. If you seriously don't know Princess Mononoke, go watch it.

I know I know just had to poke ya for it.

Ya made up for it with Mononoke!

Hell Zam'd, Howls, Outlaw Star, and so many others worth watching.

Ghibli: Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, Nausicaa, My neighbour Totoro, Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, Laputa and several other classics.

Great to watch with the small ones as they're entertaining for any age group. Well, some might be a little confusing for the kids.

And yes, there's probably dozens more we haven't listed here. Still haven't watched X'amd / Bonen no Xamdou (wasn't that how they spelled it?), worth it?

Neara wrote on Fri, 21 May 2010 23:52

And yes, there's probably dozens more we haven't listed here. Still haven't watched X'amd / Bonen no Xamdou (wasn't that how they spelled it?), worth it?

I enjoyed it. Was a bit odd in spots, but still worth the watch.

Neara wrote on Fri, 21 May 2010 22:44

@Janne

It's also that thousands(?) of posts long moronic act where a finnish guy spams the forums.

don't be a little hitler, I messed up the names with that and this; http://www.bleachexile.com/multimedia/mnemosyne-anime-downlo ads/

btw hows that thing going i discussed with you last summer?

Flo is like Gentlefox, horrible!

Anyone who likes Neon Genesis Evangelion should die in a fire, twice!

DIE! BURN! GET RESSED, BURN SOME MORE! AND DIE AGAIN!

There.. back to work..

#1 Nana

#2 Death Note

#3 Code Geass

#4 Detroit Metal City

#5 Spice and wolf

#6 Full Metal Alchemist

#7 D-Grey Man

Prolly many others but I cant remember names or animes. I have a bad memory. But I like the emo stuff. Also the "mindgame like death note/code geass.

I am with Drexa on this one. NGE is overrated !

Back on topic.

It's not really a top 10. I just randomly listed series I liked.

10 - Scrapped Princess :

While it has a lot of flaws, I liked it a lot. A simple but still nice story, with some very touching moments.

9 - Sword of the Stranger :

It's a one-shot movie with a nice plot for the genre.

Top-notch animation with some of the best swordfights I ever saw in an anime.

8 - Blue Gender :

Post-apocaliptical setting with big bugs who took over the world. It's a serious and mature anime with an oppressing atmosphere. Great story and background, realistic characters, some cool fights.

7 - To Aru majutsu no index & Railgun :

These animes are weird. They look like normal shounen, but they still got me hooked until the end. The background is actually quite deep and lots of questions are answered through the differents arcs, especially in Railgun. Waiting for next season.

Cool superpowers as well.

6 - Full Metal Panic Series :

Classic.

5 - Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari :

Funny anime with a setting similar to Escaflowne (fantasy+mecha) and a light-hearted atmosphere. Great animation, funny characters, cool fights, Aura Shurifon. While the background may look simple at first, it's actually very well thought and interresting.

4 - Juuni Kokuki :

A story out of a fairy tale. Great story-telling and awesome character developpment. A nice trip in a poetic world.

3 - Seirei no Moribito :

A bit slow paced but still great. Balsa is one of the most kickass, mature and touching heroine I ever saw in an anime.

2 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann :

It looks like a parodical anime but in the end it's way better than most other mecha anime. Fast paced story, some memorable scenes, clean animation, epic epicness.

1 - Black Lagoon :

Well yeah. Awesome cast of characters, lots of action, gang fights. Yummy.

Mr Chang is the shit.

1' - Ghost in the Shell series :

Cyber-punk done right.

I could add Turn-A-Gundam but not everyone will like it. The setting is original and the story interresting. Watch it if you like old school mecha anime with good stories.

Recently I discovered Katanagatari and enjoying it.

I also like most of Ghibli movies.

The first one I saw was the Grave of the Fireflies ten years ago. I cried...

NGE is underrated.

The marketing and media fuzz surrounding the series is a hyping piece of crap indeed, and there's quite a bunch of blinded fanboys.

But the people who didn't get / don't like the series are by far outweighing them from what I can tell.

Don't want to roll all of this up again, but the series won't work if you go at it knowing it "sucks" and the psychological drama is "only in for the lulz / cash". Or if you simply want fourteen year old boys saving the galaxy while shouting their 732th transformation level initiator. Even if you don't, it probably still depends on certain experiences and viewpoints.

Also, Sword of the Stranger was really nice indeed, don't know how that one managed to slip my mind Wink.

I personally liked NGE the first episodes, after it went psychological mumbojumbo about the kid in the end- I had like no clue and lost the intrest on it

... How did the series end btw ?

NGE doesn't suck. It's good. But not great.

The ending is weird, even after watching it 2-3 times. I rewatched recently and still got mixed feeling about it. They had to make movies to explain the ending.

And recently they remade the movies because the first ones weren't good enough.

The manga version of NGE is better IMO. It has a lot more character development and explanations.

Well that's my opinion.

It's probably one of the most controversed anime of all time.

It's really hard thing to put these concepts in an anime. The only thing that really succeded in doing so was Xenogears (play it !). It's a game though.

Civen wrote on Mon, 24 May 2010 15:53

And recently they remade the movies because the first ones weren't good enough.

You mean the new cinema movies? They're afaik a remake of the original TV show, with better animation ladida. Hope they don't dumb it down.

And the "old" movies "explaining" the ending are pretty much only a visual take on the events, showing what happened in the real world during the human instrumentality project. But yea, they were basically out of money at that time.

Civen wrote on Mon, 24 May 2010 15:53

The manga version of NGE is better IMO. It has a lot more character development and explanations.

Partially true, imo. I still think it lacks the cinematic impact some of the animated scenes had.

@Gromit

You're not!

Since this started I've had to go and update this list a lot since I'm missing / forgetting all the stuff I've watched.