Sign in to follow this  
Starbuckx

DaoC 2012 - Ywain Servers

oh no sry, i dont have that uber time to game and even though lvling does take that much time, i seriously dont feel like dumping my toon at 45 just to start over to make him a dwarf, which hasnt the best attributes for a shaman (same goes for all classes that use mainly spells, like healer and casters...)

Just skipped through this quickly and IF you guys are aiming for an 8v8 group, you need two healers and one shaman.

A melee with the rear style snare is really nice against tank or kite groups cause it doesn't have immunity (as long as no one roots or casts snare on the target to give immunity).

Usgary wrote on Sat, 25 February 2012 08:55
oh no sry, i dont have that uber time to game and even though lvling does take that much time, i seriously dont feel like dumping my toon at 45 just to start over to make him a dwarf, which hasnt the best attributes for a shaman (same goes for all classes that use mainly spells, like healer and casters...)

Yeah no worries...just a thought but definately don't re-roll anything...sounded like it would be funny and a tactical advantage.

btw..lvl 50, currently grinding tokens for the master levels, which also gives a crapload of money ;)

the exp-gain stays always the same till the lvl50. with 49 you still get more than 1 bubble per quest and they arent getting much harder, either with the bg quest and later with the glas of atlantis quests (glas of atlantis is token with which you can buy pretty much everything from toa...encounters, books, master level and even drops from the named)

I think it might be easier for everyone to get to 50 asap then we make some group nights. Marzak was saying he knows a few people that still play so we can probably get a full group going.

If it's the two danes I think it is, then they are experts at PL and just about everything in the game.

Well I'm finding casting very hard in Battlegrounds...I need to respec to see if I can get some insta cc as my casts are way to slow and people good at interupting.

Casting in daoc requires much more aweness and kiting compared to newer games. But if left alone, you can kill just about anything. :)

starbuck... the insta cc spells are coming later in the pacification spec, but they are all on really long timers, like 10 mins or so...

edit: what classes are you rolling atm? i think ill roll a second toon to play with you a lil bit. My shaman is pretty much done, only need some gear and arte exp and so on, but i think ill do that when you caught up.

Would play some (ranged)-dps or maybe a thane...

I've got to level 35 now with healer...going Pac/Mend spec.

Just found I have a 50% attack speed debuff which will help me get cc off. And learning playstyle will help.

I'm a right in saying this game has old Frontiers as well as new? I just saw Emain macha on a pvp map! that was the old style right? or is it new...i forget.

No, its the new one.. New and old frontier is basically the same thing, same zone names and the layout is kind of the same, they just made it into a huge seamless area instead of having to port between the three realms, and they added some sea areas and boats and crap.

mkay, so you guys will be faster at 45 (were we can grind stuff together) than me reaching your lvl with a new toon... gonna be at home in like 30 mins and start playing again.

Powerleveling is very easy too, if you have a character that can kill stuff Usgary.

Just invite the lowbies and go kill even con mobs in some dungeon or whatever, lowbies should be getting close to capped exp per kill.

Powerleveling might be slower than questing nowadays. Took me less than a week to get from nothing to lvl 50, ml 10, cl10, rr2, got my gear together, the only thing im missing is some arte xp. Even with lvl 49 youll get like 1,5 bubble exp for killing 5 mobs and run for 1 min from spawn to quest npc..

I see, well yeah.. Only way to beat that would be an organized PL group in that case, the 1-50 in a day kind of group, but that usually requires dedicated and bored friends and a full group hehe :P

If your dedicated you can solo your to lvl 50 in like 10-15 hours..

Level:

1-10 Tutorial Zone

11-45 PvE/PvP Quests in the battlegrounds (in Thidranki, 20-25 and Molvik 30-35 you should go for PvP groups as those BG are really crowded and you gonna get ganked while solo questing)

45-50 Glass Quests in ToA

You should do your epic quests as well (every 5 lvls starting with lvl5, the last step quest gives you a really nice set of armor, im using almost the complete set in my template)

With lvl 50 you still do those glass quests in toa till you got enough tokens for ml1-10 (youll need 30k) and for your arte encounters. Youll making also enough cash to buy the non toa items or the tokens for them with the quests which give like 220 gold per quests, they are compareable with the difficultly of the BG PvE quests)

You should get your artes asap, as you will lvling them while grinding the tokens for your ml encounters.

With lvl 50 dont forget to the this champion path, to get cl exp while grinding.

Doing that my toon was set in less than a week...

If you had a group of 8 people you could potentially all get level 50 chars in two solid evenings I reckon.

I've wasted a lot of time trying to solo mobs with a healer then getting ganked but a duo or trio multiple times in prime time. Forces you to have to get into a public group which there always seems to be one or two going.

and btw: if you are in a quest group it doesnt matter where in the BG you are to get the credit for the mobkills...i.e. 1 char stands idle at the quest npc and the rest of the group is killing the mobs for the quest, even mr.idle aka buffbot/twink will get the exp, he has just to finish and start the quests itself ;)

42 here...was no one to group with the other day and I serious can't solo as a healer hehe.

We get to 50 then sort out some times to meet up?

would suggest to have our first get together doing your lvl 35/40/45 epic quest steps, at least for a pac-healer those arent soloable, are will take at least ages...

Sign in to follow this