Sign in to follow this  
Starbuckx

DaoC 2012 - Ywain Servers

skald would be good...it kinda depends on how name people we will end up with. healer(eventhough a shaman could heal he hast other things to focus on and besides that he really sucks at healing) dps (runemaster, spiritmaster, berserker) and a tank (warrior, thane or valkyrie) and shaman would be best. There are tons of different viable groupsetups, so its hard to say. As a duo skald and shaman could to great and but if we wanna run with randoms are skald played by us wouldnt be that good, just because there millions of skalds running around (at least in the battlegrounds)....

Doesn't look like we're going to get 8 people but we can recruit a couple of randoms for groups maybe...make some friends. People who play now are probably hardcore fans.

The big question is...range or melee dps? I don' think they should be mixed personally as it makes it harder imo.

Warrior - Guard

Skald - Speed

CC - Who does that?

DPS 1

DPS 2

DPS 3

Shaman

Healer

Oh I see. its the healer that has aoe mezz? Pac healer?

I fancy one of these even though it seems they have only auto attack to kill stuff?! lol

Pac healer don't kill anything. Daoc is a game from back when support class, was... support!

But a well played pac healer, back in the good old days, would make a whole army dance at will ;)

When we played Mid, we always had a caster with us. They assist the melee guys.

But 3 savages/berserkers work too. Warrior can easiely change to offence aswell.

Also not sure just how nerfed Warlocks are these days. But, if it can still pump out free spread heals, it's should be pretty neat for any group.

Remember Drexa being pretty decent at playing one, back when they were grossly overpowered... Nothing makes an OP class more OP, then Drexa behind the wheel of it.

omg lol, one word that just burns in my memmory about daoc.. is

SHADOWBAJS

hahaha

I ran in a premade 8slot which was very succesful with a more or less mixed setup.

Healer Pac/Mend for cc, heals and rupt

Healer Aug/Mend for buffs, especially haste and he was the main healer

Shaman Aug/Cave for Rupt, buffs, mainly endu regen, little cc and mainly rupt

Skald for speed and other buffs, rupt and dps

Warrior to guard the casters, peel of melees and dps, depends on situation/attacking grp

Bonemaster Dark spec for dps and as banelord with insane rupt potential

Runemaster RC spec Dps, with long range, cold debuff (the bonemaster, spiritmaster and he self used cold based attacks) with his aoe attack he was also nice to dispose those annoying theurgist pets

Spiritmaster Dark spec. Dps (Assisting the runemaster on a colddebuffed enemy made them go boom) and some little rupt with his pet.

How often did i type rupt? To keep your casters/healers free and the ones from the enemies is the thing that decided most of the GvG fughts in DAoC so its really worth to think about that...How ever, if we dont get enough people from here to set up a fg i personally would say that we roll the most crucial toons, which are most of the time missing...besides the shaman that would be a healer and a range dps player that could take the role of the assist leader....

I think I'm down with a Healer or Spirit master if you want the main classes...don't mind which but I have a healer up to level 15 now.

Now I understand what you mean about leveling...basical

1-10 in start area takes like 1 hour?

THen you port to BG and chain pve kill quests in a group until you hit the next bg...I'm told you can do this all the way to 50 and possible to level to 50 in 10 hours total...optimium group ofc. Credit is shared so you can duo 1 quest of the 3 with a 6 man and chain them fast...then train and on to the next bg lol. Crazy fast...starting to feel kinda cool now. already filling 2.5 bars with abilities although mostly buffs.

Usgary on TS? Login to TS and we can use the SWTOR channels as they are still up. Anyone else fancies haveing a go..trial accounts...the first 10 levels aren't much fun but for the little time to invest its all good.

God im feeling a bit jealous, but ToA.. no, i cant..

And Kim, Shadowbajses were so uber :P

You have like the base of good 8man, but as a trio i dont think its a good setup hehe.

You should get 8 people and do midget group! 2 Healers, shaman, skald and 4 warriors with hammer and small shields!! ALL kobold or dwarf in black chainmail! Enemy would be dead before they realized who the healers are.. :D

Well...i cant join any channels in ts...so drag me ove if you read this ;)

btw...40-45 1h17min

Usgary wrote on Sat, 25 February 2012 00:58
Well...i cant join any channels in ts...so drag me ove if you read this ;)

btw...40-45 1h17min

fixed, you can move around now.

Drexa wrote on Fri, 24 February 2012 17:53
You have like the base of good 8man, but as a trio i dont think its a good setup hehe.

You should get 8 people and do midget group! 2 Healers, shaman, skald and 4 warriors with hammer and small shields!! ALL kobold or dwarf in black chainmail! Enemy would be dead before they realized who the healers are.. :D

Sounds like Drexa is up for it.

Got a healer at 20 and a zerker at 15 now. If we go for some race then we need to plan that in...I don't want to be re rolling too many times.

Drexa wrote on Fri, 24 February 2012 23:53

hahaha, the <RvR> setup. Damn those were som evil bastids. Don't think we ever came close to beating those on the classic servers.

Whaaat, is this something happening now? I've been playing DaoC on and off for the last couple of years too, and I have my account setup with a bunch of chars etc.. what where when how why?

And Drexa, its okey even without classic servers nowadays really... artifacts are just buy and forget, regular part of the templates, nothing special about 'em really... its really easily handled nowadays. No 123124 days PvE to setup.

Had to login and have a look... on mid it seems I got 2 healers, 1 warrior, 1 Spiritmaster and 1 shadowblade. At least 1 of the healers seems to be templated and good to go.. only RR5L2 though.

Cool a 4th man!

Do we need to be on the same server to all be in the same guild?

I rolled on Ywain 1, but can reroll anywhere. We need to make some decisions though incase anyone else wants to join in the fun.

Server: ?

Any Race requirements: Do we want to try the Kobold thing? If so we need to confirm a spec to make chars identical. I like the idea if others do.

Target Group Structure:

We need to agree this to give any other people an idea of what to roll.

Looks like

Skald - Sevi

Shaman - Us

Pac Healer or dps - Starbuck

Marzak - I'm guessing Healer or dps would be good.

A little leveing guide, I might be able to edit the Original post for this to make it more appropriate.

At the moment I'd say to people get a trial account and try it out for a few hours...roll some chars. Its possible to do some pvp within a couple of hours at lvl 10 assuming there are people to fight but focus is on leveling.

Marzak are you able to explain the state of the servers...will we have to do master levels?

You mentioned you can just buy the ToA gear is this with cash on an AH or from a vendor? WHats the currency? How long can people expect to put together an optimum template?

How good is the Bounty point gear at end game is it viable?

Well, lets see what I can remember.

When it comes to artifacts you can buy everything needed for either bounty points or Atlantean Glass (which can be bought on auction or farmed). You need the artifact encounter credit and 3 scrolls, which can all be gotten for bounty points.

(This at a place called Ruinerar of Atlantis, just inside of the atlantis zone in)

For masterlevels you need a credit to pass it. But you can either do the encounter, or buy the credit for bounty points.

Pretty much, anything can be gotten with bounty points if I remember correctly.

There is also the other type of levels that we need, what the hell are they called? Champion levels! Thats it. They are somehow connected to the champion quests, which are good xp and natural to do while leveling the last couple of levels.

Xp for champ levels, master levels and artifact levels can all be gotten by RvR if i remember correctly.

I think all the servers are clustered right? So what server you make your chars on only decides what housing zones you get? Dont think we need to be on same server for same guild etc.

Female Dwarf gives access to a lot of Classes:

Shaman

Healer

Skald

Warrior

Thane

Valkyrie

Zerker

Hunter

Savage

Runemaster

Could make a nice melee dps group. I don't think its essential but maybe good for anyone rolling a new char.

I@m going to suggest the following, but if people have ideas shout. I'm really not fussed.

Face: 1

Nose: Smallest

Eyes: Middle

Lips Middle

Jaw: Smallest

Mood: As you wish..I'm going happy!

Eye Colour: 1

Skin tone: Lightest

Hair style: 3

Hair colour: 1

Size: Short

Sign in to follow this