Sign in to follow this  
Kolapz

The Secret World

Howley wrote on Thu, 25 March 2010 20:59
Who ever designed the last monster in that clip has my respect.

It looked like a giant cock!

Quote:
No offense there, Dendil.

It's approximately 9 years since I left Funcom, I'm not gonna be offended :P I just want them to make my shares worth something Wink

then perhaps they should stick to point n click adventures, at least they were good at that.

Seems their target atm is release in April 2012, beta signups coming now August 26.

I have no idea how the game itself is doing though, too lazy to check :P

This should have been released like, one year ago or something, it's gonna be collecting dust already when they release it..

Hopefully, for the first time Funcom has enough cash to complete a title before investor pressure forces an early release.

Yo everyone =-)

Watched the E3 2011 trailer for this game and seems pretty awesome to be honest. Cant wait for it :>

I have a feeling ive seen this hype before..

Hmmm..

Yes it was for WAR! The game you never played! :P

Because I got dumped while living in Norway, "someone" sold my computer and I was living at my moms place without a job so no moneys for a proper one. Yeah!

And I'm not hyping it that much as I did WAR!

New trailer, dunno what to think. Its nothing special graphics wise but graphics isnt all, if the combat is good and the pvp is good it might be fun.

I'm mostly glad they are making something "new".

The graphics aren't top notch by any means and I think the movement looks a bit weird from what we've seen in trailers and such.

But no levels, no cookie-cutter approach to questing, a setting that is very close to for example Supernatural (that I love), three faction PVP that acctuay affects the game world and so on is tempting.

Praying they get to finish it before release this time so we don't have a new Conan on our hands. :-/

Gromk wrote on Tue, 20 December 2011 17:01
[...] from what we've seen in trailers and such. [...]

I see what you did there.

Haha.

Sales coach of the Year 2011 in Sweden for my main project (I got a sweater, lol)... I don't even think about stuff like that any more! :-D

It's no secret I'm looking forward to this game a lot though. ;-)

That trailer reminds me of Anarchy Online.

I also agree with Gromk, fingers crossed that they get to actually finish it.

I actually played one of the earlier releases from them, Anarchy Online for roughly 6 years. Games still great imo. Was very technical and had everything that WoW tried to be, just lacked the technical raiding. Am personally looking forward to this, I didn't even touch AoC cuz I knew one of the devs and he told me to stay away from it lol.

Did anyone post this?

http://ll.lo.download.gamespot.com/d3/gsc/2012/01/169_thesec retworld_bluemountain_ot_012512.ipod.mp4?rs=150&e=132995 2858&h=5ccfeffacabca2e02055c936be1a0e84&file=169_the secretworld_bluemountain_ot_012512.ipod.mp4

Just noticed while pasting it that it's prolly a phone vid link or something? Too lazy to get a proper one, Blue Mountain, seems as if they've polished some of those animations? ;-)

Quote:
Curse: So, with the Cabals that you can have the sort of guilds that you can have in the game, I imagine each Cabal is tied to a specific faction, you can't have cross-faction Cabals?

Joel Bylos: No, they're all specifically faction-tied. And they're mostly for PvP, for the big outdoor PvP areas and puzzle solving. That's what we're pushing the Cabals in the direction of at the moment.

http://www.curse.com/news/the-secret-world/44030-exclusive-i nterview-with-funcoms-joel-bylos-on-the

A little less than 3 more months before release ... Wonder how it will interact with the upcoming release of Tera and GW2.

TSW "only" has 750k people signed up for beta.

GW2 is 1million+

Tera has the least of the three I'm guestimating?

We shall see, personally I don't think I will play GW2 at all, mostly looking forward to TSW and ArcheAge. =)

Pre-Order is up, after seeing ArcheAge being played I kinda shifted my internal hype towards it, but I'm still looking forward to this.

The items from pre-order are pretty standard, though, you get a ingame pet that acctuay seems to be able to help you fight and isn't just cosmetic.

Sign in to follow this