Sign in to follow this  
Muuman

Naruto

was a good ride

For the most part but that heavy filler segment ruined the anime for me (for most people I guess after them having to rename the series) and they probably could have lopped off a third of the manga with no real loss to the series too.

They could have just skipped the entire final arc and had Naruto and Sasuke lop off their arms and go kiss.

So basically peace has magically happened despite not doing anything to achieve it, It's like the South Park joke:

1. Want peace, talk about how super nice it'd be.

2. ???

3. Profit

For the most part but that heavy filler segment ruined the anime for me (for most people I guess after them having to rename the series) and they probably could have lopped off a third of the manga with no real loss to the series too.

They could have just skipped the entire final arc and had Naruto and Sasuke lop off their arms and go kiss.

So basically peace has magically happened despite not doing anything to achieve it, It's like the South Park joke:

1. Want peace, talk about how super nice it'd be.

2. ???

3. Profit

Usually I save 1/2 or a whole year of anime and then binge watch it while skipping the useless fillers (althought the kakashi arc was descent).

But yeah, as usual with popular anime/manga the end is so/so

I guess I am too, although it's going to be weird when Bleach finishes (I assume that's not too far off) as I'd gotten accustomed to Wednesday/Thursday being Naruto/One piece/Bleach/Toriko day.

i shamelessly admit i've started to read up one piece after the mermaid arc... way too intresting. now this new arc with probably the most awesomest villains EVER kicking ass! (and no i dont count strawhats crew as villains) edit. Usopp rocks.

Edited by Ultimate

I just finished the manga, Im now a very sad panda.

I'm gonna pick up the One Piece manga now again, after having waited for over a year for a lot of chapters to be released! Is that one approaching ending as well? (Do not spoil please, just curious)

I just finished the manga, Im now a very sad panda.

I'm gonna pick up the One Piece manga now again, after having waited for over a year for a lot of chapters to be released! Is that one approaching ending as well? (Do not spoil please, just curious)

Doesn't feel like they're anywhere near ending One piece, it's been mostly filler for the last month or two (good filler but ultimately not too important).

what makes it intresting is, while it's a filler, it doesnt feel like one - it's really annoying at the same time as awesome :D

for me personally it was awesome to know the history behind the family... doflamingo is kind of evil :D - but i dont get something? is the little girl the one in filler, the one who is making all the puppets in the real story? she's gives vibes shes super weak... at least in the past? what happened? did she have those superpowers same with the rest of the family? i dont get it QQ

Well filler isn't exactly the right term to use, normally filler is generic crap thrown in just to pad things out or cover until the Manga updates so the anime has new stories to animation but in this case it's mostly a back story arc. Would have made more sense to introduce it early but let's see where they take it, we've had some pretty big story line moments before so it just feels weird to have things going at a different pace.