Sign in to follow this  
Ultimate

Hepl - my internet going down :<

Hi,

since there's some real pro's in here I wanted to ask you this question before I go annoy some technical support dude on monday.

It's about my internet. After computer shutdown and restarting, my net works fine... Untill I start up WoW. Then it pretty much closes and won't go anywhere.

When trying "fix my connection" button, it says your network is working as intended. While it says that, it gives some clues why it's not working as it should:

There is no internet connection

The DNS server is not working(?)

DNS server isn't allowing something(?)

Check protocols of SSL and some other...

While this wouldn't matter when playing WoW, since it ran it even without having network up (eh, what?). But now there's some patch and after opening WoW, and going to download the patch there's no internet connection Sad

This is really bad for a heavy WoW addict like me, please help with solutions if you can come up with any... Will try to browse this topic frequently.

Thanks for all of the help if you can manage to figure out any!

Sincerely yours

Janne

Unplugged every thing on router, didn't help... But closing Computer makes the internet work, but it dies again when opening up WoW...

Also don't have any bittorrents programs open when this problem occurs...

Foxdies was saying something about going /cmd and doing something there to reset dsn- server.... Could this be any help at all? Can't remmeber what he said about it, or what was the commands

Are you saying when you start WoW it also starts downloading the patch? Because that is a torrent and also has no restriction on upload afaik so that might be what's killing your connection, if you're using a standard router.

So if it's the background downloader, either just close it for the time being, or get some program to throttle your upload.

Yeah, Blizzard patcher is retarded, i had to download a Network limiter to avoid getting 100000 Ping

Edit: NetLimiter 2 Pro

Try to connect to the internet directly, unplugg the router and plug directly into your machine.

Most cheap routers cannot handle bittorent traffic, so when their IP tables gets filled up, they shut down.

Foxdies was probably talking about doing a:

ipconfig /flushdns (from a command prompt)

Shouldn't really be necessary but can't really hurt.

actually, open a cmd prompt, do "ipconfig /all" and paste what is says here.

Take a huge heavy object, like an anvil or similar, drop it on the satanic piece of hardware called a router.

Most likely it will work now.

Dendil wrote on lor, 14 november 2009 13:21

actually, open a cmd prompt, do "ipconfig /all" and paste what is says here.

You want all the bla bla bla it says there?

If it's just the downloader that is screwing things up, you could just go to Launcher -> Options -> Downloader Preferences -> And uncheck "Enable Peer-to-Peer Trasfer". That might do it.

nope, still same problem occurs now without router...

For clarification everything else runs smooth internet works etc. but the moment I do something with WoW it jams up (wow- repair, starting wow launcher etc.)

attached a pic of what happens with the wow patch

ps. thanks for the help everyone ! trying my best to solve this with your help !

post-456-13914137411529_thumb.jpg

and this is what it says:

the box says there's working connection but the site says i don't have connection and gives differen't reasons...

la di la da... and this happens after i do something with wow, before that it runs like it should

i'm so screwed Dead

post-456-13914137412484_thumb.jpg

working now atleast... hopefuly the problem doesnt come back anytime soon

it was the wowlauncher that kept jamming my net

Hehheh. Its good to know admin passwords at work even though youre a normal emplyee or maybe even less since I'm not even "regular" one. Just hired for 7months for now which of 2months have passed.

I got utorrent here...Got windows firewall thingy to allow its traffic too... And of course I installed this program on my memory card which can be plugged to USB. So no one will ever know. Getting newest bleach atm <3

But Ulti you gotta fix that :P You cant get the game patches too easy if you dont.

Called my isp once again and they said everything is working from theyr behalf.. and redirected me towards the company that sold this...

Well, guess I am horribly unlucky with l

Sign in to follow this