Ernesto

Star Wars: The old Republic

I played a smuggler to 11 and empirial agent to 11 as well. I did the empirial run in one long setting last night. Almost makes me want to order, it is very none gamer friendly.

Must say the Republic atleast gets a bit better further on. Only lvl 11 though, so might change again. Still prefer Empire, but i guess Republic isn't complete shit :P

Neara wrote on Sun, 27 November 2011 12:51
Am I the only one who thinks this is utterly, utterly boring?

No, but you can make it fun anyway if you play with people on TS and then mess with their roleplaying by picking evil dialog options.

LvL 16 rebel(!) now, game is a little better then expected again! Doing some awesome dungeon atm, lovely tank and spank!

So, I've been flirting with this Seargent Jaxo for a bit now, finally she invites me to her room(!), as you can see in picture 1! When i get there she obviously did not want to talk as the conversation was on going, and she grabs me by my manly armor and pulls me in and giving me a hot smoking kiss, and what happens??? A FUCKING BLACK SCREEN WITH HAPPY DANDY MUSIC?!?!?! WHERE'S MY DAMN HARDCORE ACTION!

post-1525-13914141938718_thumb.jpg

post-1525-13914141940049_thumb.jpg

post-1525-13914141941088_thumb.jpg

post-1525-13914141941861_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have feedback on how big diff there are between the advanced classes?

I think i'm aiming for bounty hunter but am a bit unsure how big DPS-diff it is between powertech and mercenary. Is it just a few defining skills after lvl 10 or will they really slit up a lot?

I don't think there's any big dps difference as boiware said they should be equally as good (probably not true though). As for Powertech, the skills I've gotten after lvl 10 for my AC is guard, taunt and interrupt which is not really increasing my dps at all. So would imagine mercenary gets some dps skills.

You should be able to just check the abilities available for both AC, if you just click "show all" at the trainer.

I played an Imperial Agent (Sniper) to lvl 16 and it felt like the class had incredible damage.

Until I got to mobs that don't just drop dead from emptying my 100 (or 110) energy into the rotation that I found very strong.

Apparently, your energy regeneration increases the higher your energy is. A pretty nifty way of keeping the sustained damage under control while still allowing very strong burst damage.

During the first, and only flashpoint I did, the Sniper completely destroyed trash packs, but I didn't quite get the hang of the most optimal rotation to keep a high energy regeneration during boss fights.

All in all, the class felt very strong and has good solo capabilities. Can't say how it is with the other classes, but I tried to solo all the "Heroic +2" quests I encountered, the only one I really struggled with was a quest called "Saving Face" which involved two waves of weaker mobs you had to defeat, before having one stronger "boss" as the last wave. Several mobs seems a bit trickier than just one really strong one, I might have been there a lvl or two too early though.

The last group quest I completed was the one where you used sith "tablets" of some sort to summon a Sithspawnling (I think it was called). Think the quests name was "Shadow Spawn".

Took a few tries, since eventually the spawnling would do some sort of enrage and pretty much jump next to me and kill me in one blow.

Something that bothered me was how clunky the movement and skill activation felt.

Since you loose speed while jumping, you kinda suffer if you are like me and like to bind stuff to Shift/CTRL+[random key]. I'm stuck in a habit where I jump while kiting and while I'm in the air, I press the keybinds I need to press.

About the skill activations; Imperial Agents have a skill called Cover, where you go down on one knee to shoot your more powerful shots. It might have been lagspikes (I was usually at 50-60ms), but often I would get stuck somewhere in between the normal modes and the cover mode. Probably something they'll fix, but quite annoying.

I had same issues with cover. Even had it completely stop working for awhile. Nice to hear the game gets harder later on. Its feels waybto easy atm.

I made out with the Twilek chick in the starter zone and only got like 100 dark side points for it, so worth it!

The knight tank thingie is getting more and more interesting.

Guard is awesome ofcourse, but taunt is also nice, not sure if it will also make the player target you but when you taunt a player: "Player targets deal 30% less damage when attacking anyone other than you."

If it works the same as in Warhammer(which I suppose is not unlikely), it will not set you as target, but will work as an interrupt as well.

After a bit a research, apparently the taunt will really work like in Warhammer : reducing your target's damage output. Coupled with the Guard thingy it makes tanks very useful in PvP, that's pretty cool.

Calyn wrote on Mon, 28 November 2011 17:23
I made out with the Twilek chick in the starter zone and only got like 100 dark side points for it, so worth it!

WAAAATH?! How you managed that!

I didnt know this but I just read that they have team Mythic (DAOC & WAR) working on the pvp part of the game.

In some blabla about PvP Bioware said; "there will be loads of world pvp"

Cogency wrote on Tue, 29 November 2011 18:28
I didnt know this but I just read that they have team Mythic (DAOC & WAR) working on the pvp part of the game.

In some blabla about PvP Bioware said; "there will be loads of world pvp"

Yeh they are making a world pvp campaign map exactly the same as warhammer for max level. Hopefully it doesnt crash after 300+ in same 100 meter area lol

Bare in mind.. The real daoc team were sacked years ago so it's the non-so-daoc-daoc-team doing this! ;(

not played beta.... but read everything you guys have said and I'm just not convinced.

Any pvp instance will seem great to begin with but after the millionth time of doing it will it still seem so great?

It looks like just another mmo clone tbh and to spend

Seems like world of WARcraft (get it?) in star wars setting :P

Could be worse.. Could of course be better..

And i think the pvp that people are somewhat excited about is the world pvp, not the instances. I could be wrong though..

I'd say, unless you're a true fan, it's not worth it, and I mean true, hardcore, "ooh I loved all the 3 new movies and the animated series" -fan. The game has a nice idea but poor execution.