Sign in to follow this  
Ernesto

[Movie] The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362270/

Quote:
Steve Zissou, sea-film auteur a la Jacques Cousteau, has reason to be melancholy: his partner has been eaten, perhaps by a mythic jaguar shark, his wife may be taking up with her ex-husband, a young man appears claiming Steve is his father (Steve hates fathers), his most recent films have tanked, he's having trouble raising money for his venture to revenge his partner, and he's attracted to a pregnant reporter who prefers the pretender. At sea, in pursuit of the shark, will he escape pirates and mutiny, forge the bonds of fatherhood, place his arm around his wife, find the monster of the deep, re-establish box office hegemony, and discover a reason to smile?

Tons of big hollywood names, cool concept, but rather abstract and far fetched. One of those movies you have to be a little insane to understand or appreciate. I would have understood it better on acid.

BUT, it was a pretty cool flick, I didn't think it was good, but I just couldn't stop watching.

Grushk wrote on Mon, 08 June 2009 12:33
Its hilarious!!!

I think that was pretty obvious that you would like it considering that Ernesto said you should be high watching it :D.

To me its a sorta spoof on jacque cousteau as a lame action hero type. Its a humor i enjoy. It was hard being an oceanexplorer with all the pirates and company stooges Wink

Quote:

Tons of big hollywood names, cool concept, but rather abstract and far fetched. One of those movies you have to be a little insane to understand or appreciate. I would have understood it better on acid.

BUT, it was a pretty cool flick, I didn't think it was good, but I just couldn't stop watching.

Well im a little insane but i find this kind of dry/parodic humor funny. Bill Murray and Willem Dafoe are the best in this movie.

Sign in to follow this