Sign in to follow this  
Makrill

Conan Beta

Ofcourse, it's ibiza who agreed on the NDA, not me. Twisted Evil JK, but he said it's ok to post in private.

Download/Patching was fast (except when it gets some special type of data where it freezes for a while) and installing was painless. I'm only level 2 and so far it's not suprisingly just planless hitting of 1, 2 and/or 3 to kill. I will let you know how it feels later, but the combat-system is up for revamp anyways, that's why release is delayed.

Default steering feels very EQ-like with smooth moving, WASD and right-click-hold for mouselook, mousewheel zooms. Left-click-hold is freelook i believe it's called, i.e. same as right-click-hold but you don't change direction if you turn the camera.

The most bitched about problems on the beta forums is FPS and memoryleak, nothing new there. I haven't had any FPS problem yet, but i haven't been to the city yet and i got a GF 8800 GTX.

I was really looking forward to this game, then i played it for 5mins and had a "bad vibe".

Dont know why, i will try it later again.. But not sure, it really felt like a dissapointment for some reason..

And maybe its like you said, cause of the combat system, that also felt a bit "fishy".

Can you attach a screenshot that isn't so heavily compressed and with all the gadgets turned on? It's really hard to see due to the high compression, but to me it looks like absolute rubbish hehe

I would think the people who made the daoc models are working on WAR hehe,..

Anyways, looks pretty.. meh.

I'll turn on everything and upload an uncompressed SS tomorrow. And no Ernesto... Intel E6600 and GF 8800 GTX... ;P

I want speed and gameplay, so i haven't even touched anything but gamma in the looks department.

Im still playing games like bf2 with low settings even though my comp could run it on high settings with ease..

I just don't want to miss that shot!

so am with Makrill

FPS is a totally different thing tho cause there performance makes a bigger impact on the player in the game.

I rather play at 15fps and have it pretty than at 60+fps and having it look like everquest ^^

Made a JPG of it.

To be perfectly honest, that is a real letdown. The textures looks like 1999 EverQuest, there is no dynamic light, no bumpmapping, no shadows, nothing. I really hope it's just a pure beta to get the game running and later add the fancy stuff, but my ged that looks like rubbish hehe.

High.jpg

WAR looked completely rubbish too in early beta... Theyre about to reopen beta soon. I'll get back to you about the graphical upgrades etc they've done when that happens.

In Cog's SS you expect Arnold to come running out of the trees being chased by the Predator...

Naicha wrote on Tue, 11 December 2007 00:03

WAR looked completely rubbish too in early beta... Theyre about to reopen beta soon. I'll get back to you about the graphical upgrades etc they've done when that happens.

videos on LivePvP seemed nice? or atleast fair enough imo.

Qsp wrote on Tue, 11 December 2007 15:08

Naicha wrote on Tue, 11 December 2007 00:03

videos on LivePvP seemed nice? or atleast fair enough imo.

Well when they install "world lightning" it will be a million times better.. they had dynamic lights around torches etc but there were nu "universe" light... like the sun, day & night, weather, environmental etc etc etc.

Sigge wrote on Tue, 11 December 2007 01:52

In Cog's SS you expect Arnold to come running out of the trees being chased by the Predator...

Well! Guess what happend right after i made that screenshot!

Good thing i was fast with the screenshot button again!

conanpredator.jpg

Sign in to follow this