Sign in to follow this  
Neara

NANA

No hot ladies or deep plot lines? Well, tastes are just different it seems :P

And btw, you shoud LOVE Gurren Lagann then, since in this series everything goes bigger and bigger and omgwtfdestroytheuniversesavetheworldo.

"a really nicely animated show with hollow characters"

How could you read that line and then somehow asume hot females were excluded? O.o

women = hollow?

Gah, point for you 8(.

Watch NANA anyway, at least give it a try, stop halfway through the first episode and whine here how crappy the series is and how emo gentlesocks and I are.

In love, Flo, the blooming!

I got ze tired of Gurren Lagann, same thing over and over again. Tho, I've heard I should see a few eps more because it's supose to get more interesting (I'm at 7-10 somewhere). Currently rewatching FMA, it rocks, totally worth the second watch.

Edit* Hollow hot woman<Non hollow hot woman, kthxbb.

Hmm, I gotta start watching more stuff. I'm mostly bored at home.

Probably try this one.

Saw the first episiode, seemed nice. Gonna watch some more and reply then again.

Oh also I kind of like the rock music.

Ok now at bein in episode 13. I really like this series Smile

I can understand both of Nanas really deeply. And feel for them.

Tho the "funny" Nana overdoes it too much. But I like the darker Nanas past and way of doing and acting.

The "funny" Nana, I like how her concience always blames and talks to herself.

Yeah I like it a lot too :> At episode 40 atm.

The story is very touching and down to earth, which is a big plus. The show is an emotional roller coaster which is a very different anime than what I am used to watching.

The voice actors do a very good job in bringing the characters to life, a bit too well on the throwing up scene :P

The only thing that bothers me a bit is that sometimes they speak of themselves in third person.

Shame that the anime is only 47 episodes, need to find another anime like this one, brings a nice contrast since I have mostly been watching shounen.

Glad you like it. This is only season one - the manga is almost the same amount of storyline ahead again (volume 18 is released) and will most probably be finished in 20 volumes total. So I think we can expect the second season of the anime being released in 08/09.

And they don't really speak in third person of themselves, do they? Since both girls are named Nana it can get a little complicated but the advantage of the anime over the manga are the great voice actors, so I found it pretty easy to recognize both girls by the voice. At the first half it's Hachi talking "to" Nana, asking if she remembers how it was back then. In the second half it's Nana talking to Hachi, which means they're not together in the present and something must have happened. If you watch closely, there are many hints (the strawberry glasses; the breaking mirror in the first op; both Nana's talking from the off about the past which we see right now). This builds up a freaking suspense alongside the humor and trainwreck scenes, imo.

Still no fireballs coming from their hands, huge robots, superjump abilities or huge machineguns?

Guess im stuck playing games until some good anime is released again ^^

Drexa wrote on Wed, 12 December 2007 14:36

Still no fireballs coming from their hands, huge robots, superjump abilities or huge machineguns?

Guess im stuck playing games until some good anime is released again ^^

Hmm...

Neara wrote on Wed, 12 December 2007 13:32

And they don't really speak in third person of themselves, do they? Since both girls are named Nana it can get a little complicated but the advantage of the anime over the manga are the great voice actors, so I found it pretty easy to recognize both girls by the voice.

I meant in general. Its just minor things, but for example in the scene where Reira was in Yasu's room, she says "The staff, the fans, they would say Reira is no good."

Do you know of how many chapters the 18 volumes consist of? I have started to read the manga too, and I found a site that has the manga up to chapter 70. Is it the "latest"?

Well it will be almost a year, I'll have probably forgotten the plot twists for the most part^^

Also, it has a very different feel to it when its animated instead of in a comic book form, so the anime will give another "perspective" to the scenes as well.

Neara wrote on Tue, 27 November 2007 15:54

I love The Witcher for it's matureness I love NANA for the same reason.

Is "The witcher" its full name? I only got torrents for a game, and no anime with that name from wikipedia as well.

Ok this series taught me at least one thing.

People cant read your mind, so you have to tell them if you want them to know. Since they can misunderstand you often :P

Why are people with over 4k posts allowed to change username to something that aint even remotely similar to the old one?

Drexa wrote on Wed, 23 January 2008 10:50

Why are people with over 4k posts allowed to change username to something that aint even remotely similar to the old one?

Settings->

Alias:

If you want a nickname other than your login to be displayed in the forum, enter it here.

Drexa wrote on Wed, 23 January 2008 10:50

Since you hate me so much I'll change it...

Thought it was funny name, and was gonna have it in WoW aswell :P but was taken

THIS IS STILL MY FAVOURITE ANIME SERIES.

I am going to try to get the manga as well from libraries. Since I miss super emo stuff.

This series made me sad and happy and all kinds of feelings.

Had to bump for the newcomers incase they havnt noticed this thread.

Nana!

For some reason I thought of Reira today... At work. Wonder if theres more stuff like this.