Sign in to follow this  
Neara

NANA

First of all, Nana is a shōjo

shōjo (少女) = girl or manga/anime aimed for girls/young women

manga which is being published in a japanese manga magazine since 2000, still ongoing. In the spring of 2006 it was animated and aired for almost a whole year.

So basically, this show contains no teenie swordfighting, cheap clich

post-4-13914134162582_thumb.jpg

Oh and one more thing: Don't watch episode 1 since it's more like an episode zero. The manga plot starts with ep 2. Whatever, I doubt someone here will watch it anyway :P.

Neara wrote on Fri, 23 November 2007 22:55

shōjo (少女) = girl or manga/anime aimed for girls/young women

lala...

Im not so sure about that, ze german sheisse ruessel prolly wrote most of it.. its still girly tho..

But then again, maybe he did ze copy pasten it.

I think Ouran High School Host Club (also shojo) is quite funny, for sure beats some random harem series I've seen, so might give this a shot in a while.

Well, the good thing about the shōjo works is: they're mature. No blushfests, no double-f chests, no silly grade school-level jokes. Nana features sex, drugs, pregnancy, (violence) etc; things you'll never see in one of the stereotypical Naruto copies. The audience is clearly a mature one. Added that Nana is not a harem anime but more "slice of life" with one of the prolly most realistic stories, it sure is a matter of taste. But I like it, so everyone who doesn't: shove off! :P

And nope, only the plot summary and the quick facts at the beginning are copy&pasted (basically everything in italic letters), slackers...

Ich habe euch doch gesagt, dass das arme kleine Ding das Meiste selbst geschrieben hat! :P

Drexa stinkt in seiner Hose!

This manga/anime is good, so stfu Micke; or watch it :P.

I didnt understand that QQ

You cant just come at me with whole sentences after ive had like 2 german lessons in my life..both in l2..a couple of weeks ago..

Ich habe einen grossen ruessel. Ja!

Gentlefox wrote on Mon, 26 November 2007 22:22

Harem comedies are a slice of life!!1

Ya, but most of them feature perma blushfests and retarded jokes plus some superhuman crap. I'm not saying I don't like them tho ;)

Neara wrote on Tue, 27 November 2007 14:41

Gentlefox wrote on Mon, 26 November 2007 22:22

Harem comedies are a slice of life!!1

Ya, but most of them feature perma blushfests and retarded jokes plus some superhuman crap. I'm not saying I don't like them tho ;)

give example of this

Recent romance series with grils and guys blushing all the time instead of doing something at least halfway entertaining: Kimikiss, Myself;Yourself... series where you have to look forward to some holding hands after 200 episodes. then there is ofc the standard shounen anime like Bleach, where nothing romantic or erotic ever happens (except for some cheap breast jokes maybe). Was there ever even a kiss in Naruto? Afaik not, that's good entertainment and all, but as I love The Witcher for it's matureness I love NANA for the same reason.

Retarded and overused jokes: Uhm, everywhere? =D "Embarassing" situations resulting in loss of clothes of a female character or Dragonball Z situations are in almost every "teen" anime. Sometimes maybe funny, but immature.

Superhuman powers: Sailor Moon? Da Capo? Moetan? ef? Shana? Kanon/Air/Clannad? Almost every swordfight or action series?

There's just nothing of said stereotypes in Nana, that's why it's kinda refreshing. I started reading the manga a couple of years ago but never got into the sometimes a little complex story. But now, it rocks, especially if you need some different approach to overused situations and topics.

Said the swede who thinks Gundam is better than EVA. Nubcake.

And imo, emotional trainwrecks are more fun than the same fighting animations over and over again (if executed well), but gah, just don't watch it then :P. School Days rocked too!

At least I like it, and Gentlewhine may like it aswell.

Neara wrote on Tue, 27 November 2007 19:37

Said the swede who thinks Gundam is better than EVA.

Cause it's TRUE!

I have to agree with Gentlesocks (does that even make any sense?) for once!

EVA = NGE = Neon Genesis Evangelion = one of my first anime = one of teh bestest mecha series of all time... So get yourself some classy anime Micke. Gundam started to suck fifteen years ago.

Ah right, neon fucking drugged up shitfaced genesis gayass piss evangelion..

The supreme SUCK!

I can honestly say ive never seen anything, anime or not, that is worse than that horrible shit.

Ive watched it twice, just because about 50% of the people who has seen it seem to think its OMAJGEDWTFMASTURBATE good and i had to try to see what the hell they were smoking, but sadly im part of the other 50% who thinks..well..see the top of the post..

Ill just continue to like Gundam instead, since its such a horrible show that probably no one else in the universe watches...cept for the asian people and the non-emo western anime watchers, but they dont count, do they?

Just saying the new gundam series are nowhere near to the "quality" of the older ones. And EVA is mebbe a matter of taste with the psychotic ending, but I would watch it again just for Asuka and Rei. Gd, that was prolly the point where my interest in women really took over.

We will never ever agree on this "quality" you speak of..

Basicly, id rather see a really nicely animated show with hollow characters, while you (and gentlebleh) would rather see one red and one green pixel on a black screen that had great emo depth to them...

Character progress for me is that they get their new awesome weapon or robot or new special kill the world technique ^^