Sign in to follow this  
Marzak

Any input on this one?

Haven't tried the mini. But I like Mac for alot of reasons. So it's prolly awesomeness incarnate for a music station/whatever light comp usage. I'm guessing that's what you are aiming to use it for anyways. Wink

I've been looking at the Books to use as random music/movie station myself. But first ordering my new PC for Warhammer.

Macs with Intel processors are vary neat for running cross PC/MAc programs. Though their new OS is supposed to be able to run both PC and Mac applications with all processor types without loosing any performance, if I'm not mistaken.

And damn it was cheap to boot! Beaver

If you're getting the Mac keyboard and mouse, get the normal ones. The wireless have been abit funky.

You know if a regular usb mouse/keyboard is going useable for it? Couldnt find anything about it when glancing the specs.

What are you gonna use it for? Actually bring it along with you when you go somewhere or?

I have some experience with the Imac (ok, its more expensive) but those are awesome to have around in the living room (or something) as a mediacenter of some sort.

They look pretty, are silent, they are also small(its just the screen with a kb and mouse) and have good performance.

Well the latest versions of the Mini have alot more ports to plug in everything you want. Like 4 USB, firewire, DVI and so on and so forth. It was one of the complaints on the first versions.

So I don't think there should be any problems.

Though I don't thinkt hey've added built in WLAN to it yet... But guess you saw that when checking specs. Smile

Mom got one of those, it's decent, work, silent etc. and have some neat features. Cant really give any more feedback on it, because I've used it to browse web and print stuff, and it does that.

At this point my experience with Macs is rather vast, having both an iMac and a MacBook Pro, but I've never used a Mac Mini so I can't really give any suggestions based on first hand information. But I do know that by buying a Mac Mini you pretty much restrict yourself to not playing any new games (and many old ones for that matter), but who buys a Mac to play games anyway? :P

If you want a solid computer that will last you a while get an iMac.

Oh and never buy additional memory directly from Apple, it costs a fortune.

Okay wrote on Fri, 11 July 2008 10:59
At this point my experience with Macs is rather vast, having both an iMac and a MacBook Pro, but I've never used a Mac Mini so I can't really give any suggestions based on first hand information. But I do know that by buying a Mac Mini you pretty much restrict yourself to not playing any new games (and many old ones for that matter), but who buys a Mac to play games anyway? :P

If you want a solid computer that will last you a while get an iMac.

Oh and never buy additional memory directly from Apple, it costs a fortune.

Yeah, Im not interested in getting a new machine to play games on, I have a computer for that purpose. This is mostly for surfin pr0.. err, for surfing stuffz.

Why not a macbook pro then? or something else that's easy to sit with, slacking in sofa or what ever.

Remember we chatted about getting one of those at some point...

Also, as an alternative you could assemble some IPX or wtf they called, PC. They are like super small and if you build it with Intel Atom processor you can get something that's really easy on your power bill.

You dont make sense jimbob..

You have like one stationary monster machine and two laptops already, and now you want another one for web browsing? ;p

Jimbob, here's a helpful site so you don't order something at the end of its product cycle.

Link

Hihihi, ive made others use that nickname :D

Edit: Just to clarify, his full name is Billy-Joe-Jim-Bob.

Okay wrote on Tue, 15 July 2008 23:58
Jimbob, here's a helpful site so you don't order something at the end of its product cycle.

Link

I'll be bringing my huge shotgun next time I travel to the lands close to Denmark, and vengeance will be mine...

Nicknames are infectious!

But you can call me Jocke Pocke, Tjocke Jocke, Jocke Smocke, CP-Jocke, or whatever you want, that way you don't have to come down and I don't have to die. Everybody wins. :>

Sign in to follow this