Sign in to follow this  
Cogency

[TV-Show] TopGear

jackster wrote on Wed, 28 December 2011 21:05
New top gear special on tv BBC2 atm!!

India!

Can't wait to see it. :D

Aventador is just mad. Easy choice for the lambo. :)

The madness is symbolized by teh fire spewing out teh exhaust. Its just awesome. ;D

Salatrel wrote on Tue, 31 January 2012 10:32
does your car have blue stuff coming out of the back?

Nope! Only if I use a welder of sorts to heat the exhaust up. : <

Phew, thought he died or something..

So they got angry with Clarkson and suspended him.. therefor punishing us rather than him. Idiots.

So no more Top Gear this season then, and if they for any reason switch out Clarkson the show will die, imo..

Top Gear without Jeremy Clarkson is like Batman without Batman.. :P

So Clarkson is fired.. May hints at them all being a package, so..

New trio coming up next season to send the show to its grave? :/

So Clarkson is fired.. May hints at them all being a package, so..

New trio coming up next season to send the show to its grave? :/

It was well past its prime, admittedly I will miss the specials.

It was well past its prime, admittedly I will miss the specials.

It still had/has an 18 year long waiting list for the audience!!

Uh, who the hell is Chris Evans (not Captain America..)? O.o

Apparently hes the new host and by the sounds of it they will get new co-hosts too, see video below..

Should have just dumped the show instead.. If i wanted Top Gear with other hosts id just go watch the horrible US version :/

THis will fail.

He is a jumped up Ginger Tosser, who gives the rest of gingers a bad name.,

I will wait for the announcement of the new SHow that the real Top Gear team have put together.

Top gear had ran it's course anyway. The format was very out of date, with fewer people watching it in the UK every year.

It was well past time it was reinvented or culled

It still had/has an 18 year long waiting list for the audience!!

If I could have got on the set I would have gone (along with most other people I assume)  but I stand by my earlier comment that the majority of it was past its prime.

Still enjoyable but I could easily live without it (I haven't even watched the latest series).

Uh, who the hell is Chris Evans (not Captain America..)? O.o

Should have just dumped the show instead.. If i wanted Top Gear with other hosts id just go watch the horrible US version :/

Chris Evans is actually sort of a smart choice, he's a moderately funny presenter and an actual petrolhead but in my view he's closer to Hammond than Clarkson. He started off as a presenter for a morning TV show and eventually spent the bulk of his time hosting a reasonably high profile radio show, I seem to recall there was some big controversy which got him sacked from one job but my memory is fuzzy.

The BBC had no choice but to continue, Top Gear is such a huge product they'd be fools not to try and exploit it further but for me the show doesn't work without the combination of Clarkson, May and Hammond. Just look at the bloody awful International versions of the show.

As far as I'm aware those three are actually off doing a different show for another channel, should be interesting to see what they come up with in either case.

Holy shit that Evans guy is annoying, his voice, his appearance, everything. Kill it with fire.

Sabine is just horrible on TV, please remove her and make her drive the Ring Taxi again or something. Terrible.

So far only Matt is ok, he needs to sorta still gets settled in his role but is likable. Im expecting Chris Harris to do fine also. His Youtube stuff has been great, but really focused on cars and not so much an entertainment show.

I'll probably watch a couple more episodes just for I dunno.. maybe to see if it can get even worse. That Evans guy is so god damn annoying in every possible way. It just ruins the whole show no matter how good the others are doing. He is the main character of that show now :|

At least The Grand Tour is there coming autumn 2016 -> https://www.facebook.com/thegrandtour

I managed 3 minutes before i switched it off. But then i think Chris Evans is a paoedophile who should have been culled at birth. When i skipped everyscene he was is or spoke through, it was an ok show.

I will wait for the sanitized and dubbed over Chris's cheese grater voice edition.

So if anyone wants to download it and bud over his voice and put a turd emoji where his head is in every scene i will gratefully watch it.

If not i shall wait for the clarkson, may and hammond version.

Its called "The Grand Tour"

I honestly couldnt get through more than about 20 minutes either, paused it to go kitchen and just never felt like pressing play again heh..

What bothered me the most is that they are trying to imitate the old crew with everything and it just doesnt work, at all..

That other extra show they had was slightly better imo.

What bothered me the most is that they are trying to imitate the old crew with everything and it just doesnt work, at all..

Well they never learned when they tried to export the show to other countries, why should they learn now? I'm kinda pleased, while Clarkson deserved to get fired they should have let the show die with him.

I actually think it is Ok. Although I do like Chris Evans from other shows (I grew up with TFI Friday, Don't forget your toothbush and all that).

Can't help but think those that are really anti him / the new show are a little over the top. They might not be as good as clarkson and co, but clarkson was mainly only really funny because he is a jerk IRL.

Evans 15 years ago was worth watching. He did not age well and has come down with Massive ego star struck disease.