Sign in to follow this  
Kunasha

Undervolting Ryzen 5000x and Ampere

Without having watched the video about it, there doesn't seem to be a simple way of undercolting the GPU, like -10 curve etc - You have to manually shuffle a stupid curve all around the place in MSI Afterburner. Maybe there is an easier way though!

something like holding CTRL, I can't look right now, just reformatted all my disks except for data (having backed up games externally), then reinstalled windows for the first time since August 2014

Edited by Kunasha

I am still running on the key you gave me in 2015! (OR maybe even earlier, earliest "add"remove programs" entries are from 2015

Yup, I upgraded my win 7 to win 10 when it came in July 2015 too. Did you fresh install then? I didn't ;)

I think I did a fresh one when I got the Skylake, the previous one had gone from Win 7 -> Win 8, but not sure to be honest, because when I bought my NVME a few months ago, I had the system transfer program disk imaging thingymabob installed already. Doesn't matter though, I think we should conclude that Windows is nowadays fucking amazing at just ripping out hardware and plugging new shit in and you don't have to do a single thing!

aaaanyhow, back on track!

Curve Optimizer, Negative 20, currently stability testing

Or should I go until I crash first, and then raise and stability test? So like, try neg 30?

I have neg 20 all cores and 200 boost, and I haven't bothered to test for stability at all. It seems fine in games so far and no WHEA warnings or errors. 

When I can be bothered to then I'll do it properly, but at least I'm happy right now anyway. 

I ran OCCT an hour with neg 20 and all was fine like the rain, then I rebooted to set to 25, wouldnt boot win, up to 20, no boot, up to 17, no boot, had to go all the way back up to 10 to boot again. Very weird when it was earlier "rock stable" with 20. So to me, it seems I might not have enough voltages during light load, but heavy load is fine. LLC is currently on Auto, maybe that means, I can set a low LLC to force more droop under load, and lower load voltages that way, but keeping the neg 10 to handle low load situations.

I have LLC and most other stuff on auto, just PBO limits set to motherboard with the 200MHz boost and the curve offset across all cores. Did you watch either of the videos? One mentions that the better cores could be tuned already, so dropping too much kills them. Eventually I'll go for it properly and tweak cores individually with no boost, then introduce the boost slowly after, but at the moment I'm experimenting to see what I can get away with as a starting point.

At the moment I've slowly backed off to negative 10 offset across all cores as I've had a couple of WHEA errors and lock ups. If this is stable, then I'll swap to tweaking individual cores and actually stress testing.

Also, 1 of my Corsail ML120s started making a noise, so I just bought 6x Noctua AF12x25 and 8x Arctic P14 PWM PST to completely replace my 7 year old fans. Going push/pull on both radiators now so I can lower fan speeds.