Sign in to follow this  
Sammerkand

Good Omens

One of the best, if not the best, Book to mini series conversions i have ever watched.

I was seriously impressed with the casting as well, David tennant rocked, as did Martin Sheen, but ALL of the casting was superb and worked well.

The overall experience was very close to the books and whilst i was initially dubious, as i have read the book multiple times, and have never really been satisfied by book to screen conversions, i was pleasantly surprised, i also binge watched this on a work night, i found it THAT good! Went in to work like a zombie. The special effects are nothing special, but you know what? the fact that they are not over the top is a benefit, as they do not overpower the performances. If you have read the book watch the series, i think you will be rather surprised how good it has translated. If you have not read the book, then watch the series and then read, as it will add some deeper understanding of the motivations of some of the actions, but it is not really necessary.

Loved the series, not read the books though so cannot say anything there, but it's on the top list of series I've watched. ❤️