Macco

WoW: Classic

Sharding is inside each realm it doesn't mean realms are connected. It just means lets say your realm max population is 10000 then they do f.ex 5x2000 shards. Players are divided in those 5 shards and you can only see your own shard 2000 people running around in the world but all 10000 people are still in that one realm. Unless you get invited to group with someone in other shard and then you move to their shard.

This sharding is only at the beginning to help with server load and they will remove it then after 2 weeks? or something. Not sure if any set in stone date so far..

Edit.. so it is called layering not sharding in classic wow.. https://www.wowhead.com/news=291722/layering-in-classic-wow

Edited by ZetZek

Dev interview about layering 

So in short they plan to do as few realms as possible and they will be high capacity realms.

Each realm divided in to layers at start and each layer has capacity similar to vanilla server.

Then after few weeks they combine the layers and we got one world for entire realm.

Any advice on how to up fast and effectively ? And what are the mains points to focus on ?

Rush quest is the only way, or farming can be a possibility ?

I will play this wow classic but i know nothing about wow, never played it since my school at that time was L2.. So i wonder a bit to start a game that everybody know as his own pocket and me as a big newcommer with 0 knowledge.

Is having 0 knowledge a bad thing tho? 

Green quests if I remember rightly, move to the next zone when they're grey

Yeh i wouldn't worry too much about getting up fast. Most fun I had in this game was during classic exploring and doing random world pvp etc.

But yeh, it kinda leads you from quest hub to quest hub. You can grind a bit or do group dungeons a lot - just means the quests go grey quicker and you need to head over to the next area.

There is of course always better zones than others(cant remember anymore when to do which zone), but to be honest the leveling with others, and fighting with the other side for a silly monster was the most fun i had. Level 60 i would assume is going to be max at start, its just a number. You will be able to do the boring part(1023412340x same dungeon for a piece of equipment) plenty of hours, so enjoy the fun part as well ;).

I just looked through old emails and saw one from 2010 where Gromk tried to convince me to start playing WoW with Ginnunga. That addiction took 4 years to get rid of, mainly because Ginnunga was awesome. 😀❤️

Contains spoilers! 

Edited by Lyngs

11 minutes ago, Cogency said:

... and look like a mobile phone game :( 

Don't we all...

If there is one key takeaway from all these mmos we've played over the years, it's that the gfx are cool for the first few hours but after it’s mostly about the game play and who are you playing with! My opinion anyway (particularly after recently playing everquest again for like a year)

On 7/16/2019 at 8:07 PM, Cogency said:

I forgot the game is 15  years old and look like a mobile phone game :( 

Kinda why im hesitant to actually play it.. dont wanna ruin my fond memories.

14 minutes ago, Muuman said:

Kinda why im hesitant to actually play it.. dont wanna ruin my fond memories.

Is that a thing? I see several people using this argument, but have never experienced it myself when i go back to play a game i enjoyed before.

You also have the option to choose if you want graphics like they were in vanilla, or have a update with some chaged to texture and lighting i believe. 

I don't think graphics will be an issue if you just use the max settings. You wont have to use vanilla graphics unless you are a masochist of cause. This particular style of graphics could never be amazingly beautiful. The gameplay and the people you play with on the other hand... well the gameplay anyway. :P