Cogency

STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER

Funny thing, the day after I get this for the PC, I get a free copy for the Xbox One X because I signed up for the All Access thing and the store did not have any non bundled consoles 

I am also enjoying this.

WIth no spoliers ....

It was frustrating until i realised that i could not complete each map on the 1st run through and i would need to come back when i had a wider set of skills. Once i got that, it became much more fun! and it feels like Star Wars!

It looks stunning on the PC vs Xbox, Ray tracing makes a huge difference!

Managed to play about 5 hours of Star Wars: The Last Ginger Tween, then my computer went full retard just as i started meditating, AKA saving, cause reasons. While i was able to tab out and was able to open task manager, when i tried to kill the game my task manager froze, thats a first for me, and after that nothing really worked. After trying everything i could think of, including bashing my keyboard like a monkey, i had to force reboot. Launched the game game again after boot and was greeted with the following message: "LOLOLOLOLOLOL SAEV GAYM CORRUPT TROLOLOLOL, U HAEV NO BACKUP ROFLMAO!!1 PLAES START NEW JOURNEY!!11!1".

Maybe it was written slightly different, unsure.

Seems there are tons of people getting it, mostly from crashing and stuff. None of the "fixes" work for me, backup is just as corrupted as the regular save. People are resorting to manually making save file backups (as in copying the file in fucking windows). Its almost fucking 2020 and a PC crash can take out the entire fucking save game on a triple A title.

*somewhat heavy breathing*

I guess its time for some slack and silent raging and then restart at some point, or maybe ill try to burn the game on a blueray or something so i have a physical copy to have explosive diarrhea over.

Die in a fire EA. And in the next game with 200 billion different alien races and shit, let me chose what to play.

Bleh!

Found some guy who uploaded saves at somewhat regular intervals, was able to get one that was pretty close to where i ended, though he didnt seem to go out of his way to find loot crates like i do. Beats having to re-do it at least, plus i wont have to poop on the game.

Its entertaining enough, but i hope they make a more open sequel with more choices (species, gender, good/bad etc) and loot/tinkering/crafting that actually matters.

A Red Dead Redemption 2 Star Wars with custom character/profession, id pay premium for that.

I think this game was good... and was a fun run through.

It could have been awesome though. The loot system sucked - its kinda cool being able to change the looks of your light saber but... all those parts should actually do something (increase force power, saber damage, throw range etc etc). That would have been so much more exciting than just chaning the detailed looks of something you can't even see once you start fighting stuff.

Also - skill trees could have been much better. Never really felt like going in a particular direction had much value as you could just get everything fairly easily. Add more depth to the skill trees and add the above light saber mods and it would be freaking awesome. It would also add some replayability too.

It was worth buying just for the story etc though, but I probably will never replay it. Think this game mixed with a few of the fall out game mechanics would be sweeeet.