Toszi is planning to play it and I will meaby try it if endgame is anything decent. We are not paying extra for already 60$ game so we will start on late access which is 22.02. We played some beta and it was decent for few hours of gameplay.

Edited by Nexi

Many players won't be aware that Anthem has a combo system. It wasn't detailed in the demo, and there's nothing on the HUD to suggest that your Javelin, when performing X, will result in Y. Despite this, performing combos as a team, and valuing from the increased damage they provide (typically AOE) is invaluable and arguably mandatory at higher difficulty settings.

Chaining abilities together ensures that you and your team will be dealing the highest damage possible, and with many combos providing AOE bonuses, it's often invaluable for quickly clearing wavesand challenging bosses quickly

Primers

Primers are abilities which directly apply an effect to enemies when they're affected by it. Typically, any ability which causes a lingering effect will allow you or your team to then follow up with a Detonator. Each class typically has 3 Primers (with the exception of Storm, whom has 5), that vary across their abilities, gear, melee or Ultimate.

Ranger Primers

• Explosive Blaze (Fire)
  • Frost Grenade (Ice)
  • Venom Darts (Poison)
  • Shock Mace (Lightning)

Colossus Primers

• Firewall Mortar (Fire)
  • Flamethrower (Fire)
  • Acid Spitter (Poison)

Storm Primers

• Rime Blast (Ice)
  • Living Fire (Fire)
  • Hoarfrost Shards (Ice)
  • Ball Lightning (Lightning)
  • Elemental Storm (Fire, Ice and Lightning)

Interceptor Primers

• Acid Bomb (Poison)
  • Cyro Claive (Ice)
  • Corrosive Spray (Poison)

Detonaters

Detonators are the trigger for Primers and allow each Javelin to consume the primer effect. Based on which Javelin Detonates the Primer, will cause a unique Combo Effect. In a random player setting, it can be difficult to coordinate combos, and have specific Javelin trigger specific combos. However, in a group setting it's imperative to understand which Combo Effect you need, and when.

Ranger Detonators

• Frag Grenade (Grenade)
  • Seeking Missile (Assault Launcher Gear) 
  • Multi-Target Missile Battery (Ultimate)

Colossus Detonators

• Explosive Mortar (Ordnance Launcher)
  • Lightning Coil (Ordnance Launcher)
  • Heavy Cannon (Heavy Assault Launcher)
  • Railgun (Heavy Assault Launcher)
  • Heavy Smash (Melee)
  • Siege Cannon (Ultimate)

Storm Detonators

• Lightning Strike (Blast Seal)
  • Flaming Orb (Focus Seal)
  • Glacial Beam (Focus Seal)
  • Fiery Strike (Melee)
  • Elemental Storm (Ultimate)

Interceptor Detonators

• Seeker Glaive (Assault System)
  • Spark Dash (Assault System)
  • Tempest Strike (Strike System)
  • Bladed Daggers (Melee)
  • Assassin's Blade (Ultimate)

Combo Effects

Ranger: Critical Target Damage - When the Ranger Detonates a Primer, the enemy affected will suffer a high amount of burst damage instantly. 

Colossus: AOE Explosion - Similarly to the Ranger's, a Colossus who Detonates a Primer will cause an AOE explosion, dealing high damage to all those in the target area. 

Storm: AOE Spread - Storm when triggering a combo will spread the elemental effect to all nearby enemies. Your opponent suffering from poison? All those hit by the Detonator will also be infected. 

Interceptor: Aura - With the Interceptor often being in and amongst the enemy, Primers he Detonates will cause all enemies around him to suffer the elemental effect. 

So. Yesterday I started playing Ranger. For single target boss dps as they are huge bullet sponges. Now ofcource I am only level 10 and cant really test much. 

So, I read stuff and had a streamer test stuff for me. Where I told him to leave the cc and aoe to the storms and focus on helping to bring down the big targets. 😃

My build: 4 prime damage acid darts, so kind of constantly up for others to combo with. As rangers have by far the highest single target dps combo with the 100% crit. Together with a sticky grenade to blast one of your dart. 

Pew pew.. its happening! 😃 Rangers are also getting a buff on friday where they get the only shield penetration ability in game. 

People are talking about 30min to 1hour long boss fights on GM3. Im guessing that might change tho, and people does how to combo well, so ofc damage will go up.

Edited by Chimp

25 minutes ago, Chimp said:

So. Yesterday I started playing Ranger. For single target boss dps as they are huge bullet sponges. Now ofcource I am only level 10 and cant really test much. 

So, I read stuff and had a streamer test stuff for me. Where I told him to leave the cc and aoe to the storms and focus on helping to bring down the big targets. 😃

My build: 4 prime damage acid darts, so kind of constantly up for others to combo with. As rangers have by far the highest single target dps combo with the 100% crit. Together with a sticky grenade to blast one of your dart. 

Pew pew.. its happening! 😃 Rangers are also getting a buff on friday where they get the only shield penetration ability in game. 

People are talking about 30min to 1hour long boss fights on GM3. Im guessing that might change tho, and people does how to combo well, so ofc damage will go up.

You can't combo bosses...

Edited by Chimp

"Status effects can now more reliably be applied to Titans". 

Im guessing you are suppose to? 

Also I did a stronghold yesterday and froze him all the time and comboed. The spider looking thingy. 

Also Gladd on his stream yesterday when they spam killed the GM3 boss with the ultimate exploit, he constantly reminded the people add status effect he could combo off. 

Also King Gothalion spoke about it yesterday when they did a lot of boss runs..

so.. you might be a little right, but also wrong since you talk in absolutes, like a sith. 😃 That being said, there are prb some bosses that you can not. :P THe idea is to go in as a team and sync your builds a bit, so you are able to apply the status effect, Acid removes resistance etc etc.

Bosses has a lot more resistance, not to be confused with immune. As one redditor put it:

"

Seems a lot of people are confused on this. One thing of note is that the various enemy types are very resistant to certain elements and vulnerable to others. The swarm bugs are vulnerable to fire and particularly resistant to acid. Not sure about lightning and frost damage. Seems like you can freeze smaller mobs fairly easily so fair to assume they're a bit vulnerable to frost but fire seems very effective.

Second thing is that apparently (I didn't notice it) there is a meter that fills up as you hit an enemy with an elemental effect that marks when they'll be primed.

Conclusion, you can prime a boss and indeed freeze or set it alight but you have to work at it a lot more than on smaller mobs."

Edited by Chimp

Well, it was the cause in demo and I found it strange that they would build game around combo and then you wouldn't be able to use it on bosses. Maybe they fixed it or something, you were able to apply status effects on bosses in demo but not combo from them.

Later on there are masterwork grade weapons which apply primes or can detonate so you can use those and change your abilities for synergy and masterwork abilities that can drastically change how you use them compared to "standard" one.

Almost level 30, got some 380 power atm, really enjoying it, looking forward to the act 1 coming in march.

30 now, 420 score, 2 masterwork 1 legendary! :D

Edited by Muuman

Yes that was good.

Im getting more and more into the game the more I play. The first two hours I felt it was only so so. I switched Javelin that more fit my playstyle. Yesterday I played all evening and did not want to stop. Now I want more weapons and do dungeons. 

Playing together with Sinful and Ern yesterday was really fun, as in.. it was really fun fights, dungeons, bosses. 

So, if you are on the bench to try it, you really should. The 15Euro for Origin Premire is extremely extremely worth it. Its all good to start now, as most of us will get upgrades even playing with a level 2. Which is a smart system.

also: https://www.reddit.com/r/fashionlancers

Edit: Post was deleted from reddit.

Edited by Chimp

The guy with the hat is Lyngs!

Also, Chimp when Im enjoying SC. Haha

I did not enjoy it that much last sunday, felt really repetitive. Did love my mega big ass droid thing though.

12 minutes ago, Cogency said:

The guy with the hat is Lyngs!

No it is not! I have not said a single negative thing about the game... here.

I am happy that you guys are having fun. 

43 minutes ago, Saslic said:

Made me laugh.

Yes. I giggled when I wrote it, because ofcource I also thought at PoE. Most people does not play it however, so I figure I go with the mainstream. :)

Patch is now live, highlighted some of the good parts. Below is some info from the Dev Stream:

- They working on a stat page. More news soon. (YES!) 

- All strongholds will have vanity chests, the primary way of getting keys for these are doing missions. You can not get duplicate vanity items from these chests.

(I will add more when time)

Day One Patch Notes

High level fixes

• Decreased loading times for older disk drives

• Fixed many infinite loading screens

• Fixed multiple challenges not tracking properly

• A number of issues have been fixed that were causing players to disconnect or crash

• Weapons and gear now have numbers present for modifiers

General Fixes and Improvements

• Loot Reveal and Expedition Summary now correctly play during the end of expedition screen.

• The gather party mechanic has been made more lenient in a number of situations

• At the end of expedition screen players will no longer get stuck on "Recording Victories" or "Skipping All".

• Game no longer hangs in Javelin menu when unlocking the second, third or fourth javelin

• During the mission “What Freelancers Do” dying after killing Junkmaw & freeing Arcanists leaves you unable to progress, this has been fixed

• Challenges now unlock for players at the correct levels

• Fixed some camera issues during cutscenes

• Legendary Contracts can now be accepted from the Social Hub contract board

• Some enemies have had their shield values decreased

• Loot now properly drops for players who are downed

• The texture quality on the NPC Prospero has been improved

• Final boss of strongholds now drop loot instead of only being shown on the end of expedition screen

• Fixed the time outs on echoes and relics to prevent griefing and to handle disconnections properly

• Players can no longer fall through the floor during the 3rd trial in the Fortress of Dawn

• Completing the tutorial expedition will now show the correct Ranger appearance

• After disconnecting, rejoining an expedition will now place you back into a squad if you were in one previously

• Corrected an issue where players could not interact with each other in the launch bay in certain circumstances

• Corrected an issue during the Mission "Bad Deal" where outlaws won't spawn, blocking progress

• The start of expedition screen has been improved

• Addressed a variety of situations where killing enemies does not properly progress world events

• Opening a chest now increments Tomb of the Legionnaire progress for all squad members present

• Scar snipers can no longer shoot through Storm Shield

• Corrected an issue where players would get stuck on the end of expedition screen in some situations

• Players will no longer get disconnected if joining the "Finding Old Friends" mission while the cinematic is playing

• Addressed a number of situations where players can get stuck on the environment in the launch bay

• Increased the damage of the electric status effect

• Corrected an issue where the Shield of Dawn could be crafted with less materials then intended in some situations

• The Platinum Mission feat now grants completion as intended

• Status effects can more reliably be applied to Titans

• Fixed loading animations on Marksmen Rifles

• Players can now access the Vault from the Forge

• Swimming into jellyfish underwater no longer leaves a visual effect stuck on players.

• Idle animations will no longer sync up over time in the Launch Bay

• Haluk is no longer dual-wielding canes in the epilogue scene

• Corrected an issue where players could not interact with each other in the launch bay in certain circumstances

• Fixed an issue that could cause players in the launch bay to have identical emotes and be unable to use them

• Interceptor melee ability animations will no longer stretch out in certain situations

• Corrected an issue where the default Ranger appearance doesn't preview in the forge in some situations

• All animations now play as intended in the Forge

• Players can now enter the Tomb of Gwanes while in a party

• The default Javelin wear state has been changed from "Dirty" to "Old"

• Sentinel Loyalty 2 text no longer incorrectly states that it will lead to a larger vault

• Picking up ammo from the ground now properly gives you 30% of that ammo back into both the current magazine and the maximum spare ammo

• Fixed a bug where some global (Javelin Icon) inscription bonuses were not being properly applied to the Javelin and other gear/weapons.

• Fixed some issues that could cause the Armor Pip count on the UI to break and not display properly

Strongholds

• Fixed an issue that would cause a Stronghold server crash after defeating the last boss

• Temple of Scar - Players can no longer get stuck in the mined tunnel in the explosives room

• Temple of Scar - Players can no longer be blocked from entering the explosives room due to fog wall

• Fixed Tyrant Mine so people that join the stronghold in-progress do not end up locked away from their team

• Adjusted lighting in Tyrant Mine underwater section to make it easier to navigate to the exit

• The Swarm Tyrant will no longer get stuck in the side cave entrances in some situations

• Corrected an issue where players would spawn into different areas of the Tyrant Mine in certain situations

• Implemented more safeguards to stop players from going AFK in Strongholds

Challenges

• Only Masterwork items can now be used to progress Masterwork challenges as intended

• Corrected an issue where some Challenges track progress simultaneously instead of incrementally, as intended. (ex: Blast Missile I and then Blast Missile II instead of both incrementing at the same time

Gear and Weapons

• After having 1st pilot unlock suit after tutorials, creating a new pilot and going to forge no longer causes load screen hang

• Ice damage bonuses are now correctly applied on ice gear

• Suit-wide bonuses from inscription are now functioning properly

• Players can no longer salvage equipped items

• Javelin specific gear and/or weapons are no longer able to be used on javelins they aren't intended for

• Corrected an issue where in some circumstances Masterwork Components do not have any inscriptions

• The Endless Siege Masterwork Autocannon no longer displays a damage increase of 0% in its tooltip

• Suit-wide specific weapon ammo bonuses coming from infusions are now correctly applied

• A Network Error Message no longer appears when opening an item chest in the second tutorial

• Colossus shoulder gear will now share the appearance of the rest of the javelin as intended

• Deadeye has increased spare ammo 10 -> 20

• Cloudburst has had increased damage 16.3 -> 21

• Torrent has had increased damage 22.2 -> 28.6

• Lightning Strike’s pre-visualization will now accurately depict that the explosion snaps to the ground.

• (Ranger) Inferno Grenade base damage 130 -> 175

• (Interceptor) Cryo Glaive base damage 20 -> 50

• (Storm) Living Flame base damage 50 -> 60

• (Storm) Glacial Beam base damage 150 -> 120

• (Storm) Arc Burst secondary damage 100 -> 150

• (Ranger) Pulse Blast base damage 225 -> 300, and now deals extra damage to Shields (previously did extra damage to Armored).

• (Ranger) Blast Missile now properly scales up in damage as the item level increases

• (Interceptor) Melee attacks now have some minor resistance penetration

• Large Area of Effect abilities will better register multi-kill activities for challenges and medals

• Spark Dash functionality has been significantly improved when the target enemy is at a different height (above/below) the Interceptor.

• Several gear pieces that had missing primer or detonator icons have been fixed.

• Interceptor

• Tempest Strike - Detonator Icon

• Spark Dash - Detonator Icon

• Venom Spray - Primer Icon

• Detonating Strike - Primer Icon

• Colossus

• Lightning Coil - Detonator Icon

• Shock Coil - Primer Icon

• Flamethrower - Primer Icon

• Several improvements have been made to ensure gear use on PC prioritizes turning the Javelin towards the reticle when used rather than casting in front of the Javelin's current direction.

Javelins

• The Colossus javelin is now able to activate its shield more quickly after using an ability or firing a weapon

• The Storm javelin now reacts to getting hit when its shields are up

• Fixed an exploit that allowed the Storm's ultimate attack to be used more times than intended

• The Colossus exo can now shield and revive at the same time

• Interceptor Combo Aura has been increased in power and now has a damage over time component

• Ranger melee now has a cooldown when striking in the air.... (GODAMMIT! This was so good, i used that so much. Now I know it was a bug)

• The Target Beacon ability now correctly seeks targets

• Spark Dash and Venom Spray now target based on player cursor instead of character facing. This should also improve the travel path of Spark Dash.

• The Colossus will no longer be knocked out of the sky in some situations when the attack was blocked by their shield

Combos + Status Effects

• Combo indicator icons above creatures now are correctly removed when detonated.

• When a Storm detonates an electric status effect the chained electric effect now correctly deals damage.

• Combo damage now penetrates resistances

Crafting

• Non-Masterwork materials purchased from the crafting store now show as their proper rarity instead of incorrectly showing as Masterwork

• A number of javelin components that had different icons for their recipes and the actual items are now the same

• The Battle Cry gear recipe now has the correct description

• Fixed Spark Beam gear having the wrong description when being crafted

• Crafting recipes are now sorted alphabetically

• The items in the crafting store are now sorted by type to be clearer

Controls

• Additional Mouse and Keyboard control improvements have been made

UI

• Some conversations were not popping up the reputation points post conversation completion, this has been fixed

• The squad screen now displays the correct information for each player

• Fixed a number of issues where subtitles will no longer get stuck on the screen after dialogue has finished as often

• Settings should no longer reset upon exiting and restarting the game on Xbox One

• Motion blur can now correctly be turned off

• The Electric Status Effect now shows scaled damage properly

• An option has been added to hide the Squad Member HUD

• The edge of the compass will now pulse to indicate enemy locations

• A notification has been added in Fort Tarsis if a player's vault is at the cap of 250 items

• On the "Repair the Strider" step of "A Cry for Help" the search radar has been adjusted to correctly lead the player to all 4 tools

• Primer and Detonator icons have been added to all Interceptor gear

• Corrected a user interface issue where a player’s ultimate would show as available when it isn't

• Toggling the HDR option now properly prompts the Apply Changes button

• Player banners should now display correctly

• Camera shake slider has been added to settings menu

• Players may now track 10 challenges instead of 5

• An option to adjust screen boundaries on consoles has been added

• Changing a player banner through the banner menu now properly saves the selection

• Health, cooldowns, and key bindings now light up on supported keyboards

• Players will now receive more clear messaging when a squad is disbanded or are kicked from a squad

• Squad leaders will no longer always show as ready

• The icon for players in a downed state will no longer appear in cutscenes

• Cypher Annotations will now appear for more than one player if they are looking at it simultaneously

• Removed mentions of respawning on the player UI when they die in a restricted respawn area

• The Player Banner now updates immediately when updated from the squad screen

• Fixed a number of situations where a combo will trigger but no combo floating text appears

• Pressing esc to pass a notification screen no longer opens up the in-game menu

• Quick chat messages will no longer appear from an ignored player

• Removed a message from the mailbox which incorrectly stated that messages will be removed after 3 days

• A number of inscription icons have been updated to properly reflect whether they are Javelin specific or not

• Corrected an issue where players could not change loadout names on PC

• Players no longer need to exit and re-enter the forge for loadout names to update

• The on-screen VOIP indicator which shows a player speaking will no longer be active if that player is muted

There is also some other buff to colossos regarding gear adding more % armor value. I have seen some picture of colossos armor and they just became TANKS.  More buffs to the big guy. :P

Edited by Chimp

** These are the communities best guesses based on our collective interpretation of the working; Until we can test them, we have no confirmation that they actually work like this **

Javelin Icon (Applies to all gear):

+% Dmg - Increases the damage output of EVERYTHING

+% Force - Reduces the amount of damage it takes to stagger enemies

+% Harvest Bonus - Increase the amount of items that you get from harvesting flora/minerals

+% Pickup Radius - Increase the distance you will pickup items that are dropped

+% Thruster Life - Increases how long you can fly before overheating

+% Thruster Speed - Increase how fast your jets cool down

[Element] +% Dmg - Increases damage of all skills of this element

[Element] +% Effect - Increase the status effect/duration of this element

[Element] +% Resist - Reduces damage taken from attacks of that element

[Keybind] +%Damage - Increases damage of that skill

[Keybind] +Speed - Reduces the cooldown of that skill

[Weapon Type] +% Ammo - Increase max ammo for that type

[Weapon Type] +%Damage - Increase the damage of all weapons of that type

Ammo +% Drop Rate - Increase the drop chance of ammo upon kill/damage

Ammo +% Pickup Amnt - Increase how much ammo you get when picking up an ammo drop

Armor +% Max - Increases your green bar (Currently broken)

Combo +% Dmg - Increase the damage from using a detonator on a primed target

Combo + Targets - Detonating primed enemies chains to additional enemies.

Effect +-% - Increases how quickly statuses build up to prime an enemy

Elemental +% Dmg - Increases the damage from all elemental attacks

Gear +%Damage - Increases the damage of the skill on this gear piece (confirmed by /u/vehementi)

Gear +% Charges - Increases the number of charges that this skill has

Melee +% Damage - Increase the damage of melee attacks and skills

Overheat +-% Delay - Reduces the time it takes to start recovering from overheating

Physical +% Resist - Reduces damage from non-elemental attacks

Repair +% Drop Rate - Increases the drop chance of healing kits upon kill/damage

Repair +% Amnt - Increases how much healing kits will heal you

Shield +% Delay - Reduces the time it takes to start recovering your shield

Shield +-% Refresh - How quickly your shield recharges once it starts recovering

Shield +% Max - Increase your blue bar (Currently broken)

Storm Combo Augment - Increases the number of combo chains by 2

Supply +% Drop Rate - Increases the drop chance of gear/weapons/components upon kill/damage?

Support +% Luck - Increase the chance of better quality loot

Support +% Speed - Reduces the cooldown of your support skill

Ultimate +% Dmg - Increases the damage caused by your Ultimate

Ultimate +% Speed - Increase the rate at which you build your ultimate meter back up

Weap +% Dmg - Increases weapon damage

Weap +% Clip - Increases the magazine size of all weapons

Weap +% Ammo - Increases the max ammo for all weapons

Gear Icon (Applies to only this gear piece):

Critical +% Dmg - Increase the damage from crit attacks

Combo +% Aura Eff - Increases the damage that Interceptor Aura pulses for

Gear +Speed - Reduces the cooldown of all skills

Physical +% Dmg - Increases the damage of non-elemental attacks

Weap +% Fire Rate - Increase the fire rate of weapon

Weap -% Reload Time - Reduces the time it takes to reload

Weap +% Mag Size - Increase the size of the magazine for weapon

Weap +% Blast Dmg - Increase the Blast damage of weapon

List of [Elements]:

- Fire (Good against Health/Red Bar) - Damage over time

- Ice (Easier to prime with) - Freezes

- Thunder (Good against Shields/Blue Bar) - Builds up, damage spreads to nearby

- Acid (Good against Armor/Yellow Bar) - Reduces resistances

- Impact (Ordinance Damage)

- Blast (Explosives Damage)

Weaknesses:

Armor: Acid (+50%), Fire (+25%)

Shields: Electric (+50%), Frost (+25%)

Speed Formula:

[Gear Cooldown] = [Base Cooldown Time] / (1 + [Total Speed Bonus])

Difficulties:GM1: +700% health/damage; +100 magic find

GM2: +1500% health/damage; +150 magic find

GM3: +3200% health/damage; +200 magic find

I wasn't having bad fps, but I got dips into 20-30 with a lot of action, regularly fps around 60.

Used this tip and now it doesn't drop lower than 50, and usually 70+.

Yes, it scales resolution down, but I can't even notice it. So getting a lot of FPS is a nice trade off. 

u/boxcarracer1478

I legit found the frames by enabling resolution scaling through text editing a settings file.

go here Documents\BioWare\Anthem\settings and open profileoptions_profile

add these two lines:

GstRender.ResolutionScale 0.850000

GstRender.ResolutionScaleMode 0.85

= 85 percent scale, which is barely noticeably on 1440p.

I am running an i5 6600K OC'd to 4.5GHz, an RTX 2060, and 16GB DDR4 RAM.

I now get well over 60 FPS consistently at 1440p.

Also did this, not sure how much it helped but can't hurt :P

An old trick with origin and CPU usage

1 - Open up Origin and start the game.

2 - Alt-Tab out.

3 - Open up the Application Settings in Origin.

4 - Leave that screen up on your second monitor/in background.

That's it.

This dropped me almost 30% CPU usage.

Edited by Sinful

How is this now that you guys played for a bit? Is it somewhat the same "grind" or do the missions/area/etc change?

Atm I feel that this can be a great game in a year or something :P

Roughly 70 hours played in 12 days, so yeah im enjoying it. Various bugs and issues but overall experience is good. Do like the combat, flying, different Javlins and the setting.

But the game is a lootshooter so your going to redo content alot. Missions sorta stay the same at endgame, you have "legendary contracts" where you do around 4 objectives during 1 mission, which seem to rotate of around 10 - 12 different objectives. 3 Strongholds (dungeons) to do and Free roam.

They have a roadmap with content coming out. New stuff to get, new stuff to do and also a possible event that Changes the game World.