Cogency

Atlas

Will whaling be available from launch?

And also, what makes a trailer exclusive?

...what makes a trailer exclusive?

Putting the word exclusive in or on it. Young people and retards love buzz words. You are getting old... or smarter.

Edited by Lyngs

Im guessing the exclusive stands for, the trailer footage being exclusive to Nvidia.

Anyway, all I know is in this trailer and this article:

https://www.pcgamer.com/atlas-mmo/

13 Dec will be early access on Steam;

https://store.steampowered.com/app/834910/ATLAS/

Edited by Cogency

"We took everything that we loved about ARK and put it in the largest game world ever for an action-based MMO,"

"That's Atlas at its simplest: A pirate-themed successor to ARK stretched over a massive swathe of ocean home to hundreds of islands."

"With just two choices of server to choose from, Rapczak is hoping that Atlas' PvP server will eventually mirror the smörgåsbord of political scheming and bloody warfare that makes EVE Online so fascinating."

I havent played ARK so dont know how that would play, except being a survival game. To those of you that have played ARK, is this promising? 

Edited by Seven

I am very interested in trying this out.

40k player supported server sounds too good to be true. But finding a better setting for some Ginnunga PvP plays seems far off into the future.

Not sure if I'm blind that can't find a price on Steam, but in the article Cog linked it says $30 and in another article I read it says $25, so somewhere around there I guess. 

There's a pretty new Reddit, not a lot of info but more to come I imagine:

https://www.reddit.com/r/playatlas

I'm 100% up for giving it a go! Might be complete shit, but I find it hard to believe we can't have plenty of fun for a while no matter what :) 

I don't like games like ARK especialy the materials grind in them but I'm up for giving it a go if enough people are interested.

All I'm saying is.... The last time we just kinda hopped on to a coming MMO a little last minute we had one year of insane attendance and fun in BDO..

I'm down!

Release got delayed by 6 days. So new release date is 19 December. This is gonna be early access so I doubt it gonna have that many features as steam store or trailer says.

Delay news from devs: https://steamcommunity.com/games/834910/announcements/detail/1702821402274804898

Ahoy!

After thinking carefully over the past several days, we've decided to delay the ATLAS launch until December 19th to give the team more time to run through this massive game's extensive content.

It's a vast virtual world out there across the ATLAS, and the team's going to use that extra time to review every portion of it thoroughly. We're sorry about the delay, and we know how much everyone is looking forward to establishing their empires!

The team here at Grapeshot is so excited to bring this new world to life with you, and we know it's going to be an absolute blast. So please keep your powder dry a little bit longer, and at long last next Wednesday the 19th, we'll be joining you on the most excellent adventure of our lifetimes!

See you on the ATLAS soon Pathfinders,
Jat, Jeremy, and Jesse

Edited by Nexi

This has alot to say for it. Its not as pretty as the New World Alpha, but it has much more content. Will be interesting to see the difference. The one thing New World does really well is tradeskilling, crafting and stability!

Atleast their not afraid to pull something like that. Not sure if its a good sign or not.

I think its a good sign. Being willing to delay to get it right? honest and powerful move. I wish Bethesda had the same balls. 

I play Fallout 76 with my son, but MY GOD, is there sooo much wrong with it!!! I wish they had pulled the release and added all the fixes and content prior to release, as i will probably never play any of said content due to "MEH, not playing that again"

Maybe a company is this games version of guilds:

Banding Together

As you explore the world and lay claims to the lands you discover, you'll be able to set up structures, and those will be things other players can steal as well, just like your ship--although Stieglitz said that since your ship and your territory essentially make up your in-game life, they'll be difficult and time-consuming to capture. Don't expect to be boarded and then marooned on deserted islands every few minutes as you play.

There might be a bigger incentive to work alongside others, in groups called companies, than to plunder other players, though. As your territory expands, you'll be able to control it with NPCs to defend it, and you can even set up taxes and laws for other players who use your territory. Stieglitz said the biggest, most powerful territories and the companies who control them will be featured on a world map on the Atlas website, which may well incentivize other companies to band together to take them on. It's all about creating chances for emergent, unpredictable gameplay interactions.

"We don't just want the game it feel like it static, where everything is always the same all the time," he said. "We want the world to start having its own internal history that the players build."

I'll join in the fun if we have a bunch of homies! 

Edited by Cupe

The more reading I do, the more torn about this title I get. 

I'll give it a go for sure though, let's rush a big boat together somehow! =D

Depraved and I shall be joining the fun from the 19th, and i also cannot see a price on Steam.

That means Ern has paid for us all, upfront 😃😃

It's quite odd that there's so little information (given I haven't spent much time actually looking, but browsed the Reddit etc) and early access starts tomorrow? It's all pretty broad strokes "You can build ships. That will take long. There are skills. There's treasure. Something called companies." 

Part of me is like "Hmmmm, this can't be a good sign, is there no info because it's not done, not implemented or are they actually just wanting the players to experience stuff for themselves...".

And then part of me is more "I know NOTHING and I'm LOVING it! How does skills work? Do I select a class? How does building a ship work? How do we claim territories? Is there a AFK-system to kick Ernesto when he takes his customary 5 hour lunch break? Well, I guess we'll have to explore and learn together, awesome!"

Honestly I'm going in thinking this MIGHT be a buggy, incomplete piece of crap that we can't stomache for more than a week, but we'll find out together and I'm sure as shit looking forward to it! 

Edited by Sinful