Seven

Secret World Legends

I will also stick to it but not hardcore mode.

It would be so much fun though if we could get 10 Ginnungans to do the dungeons together

I have no willpower, if I buy this I'd probably need to remortgage

It's free. And just don't link your credit card and you should be good.

Theys eem to sneak buffed AP/SP gain today, I am happy again.

I guess I am stuck using Chaos for a while.... Heh

post-30200-0-25110500-1498823918_thumb.png

Havent played as much as these hardcore 50 ppl that are stuck waiting for more content, but enjoying the leveling experience so far (Best game ever). Have a few comments/tips for the questions beeing asked:

3-dot equipment - Save talismans or sell high. For weapons it dont really matter, but you can sell them high. 

Abilities - If you dont want to change it around try to go for: Mainhand-basic/filler, mainhand-single-consumer, mainhand-aoe-consumer, offhand-single-consumer, aoe-elite, and one surviveability/movement/random. 

Dont go all in on damage talismans, having one major health one is good, or healing if that increases your survivability. 

Hit-rating is important for DPS. Healing-weapons dont have any hit-rating passives, that means that blood, AR, and fists will be slightly at a dissadvantage. Atleast if you go blood/AR. 

The first equipment you get to green 20 will you get freely upgraded to blue, so try getting your main weapon to 20 first. (Not a minor talisman like i did *boink*)

And last, dont rush it. This isnt a competetive, fast, modern mmo. Dont play it like one. Enjoy the story, setting and quests! There will be difficult dungeons and challenges for groups at 50, but since they arent all done we dont have to be 50 yet, we have weeks to get there :)

Edited by Seven

And one more: Your builder shoud be an aoe, more hits = more crits = more energy gained.

Whenever you crit you build one more energy for your weapon. 

And more! 

In a zone: Complete every quest, explore every area, and kill all minibosses for a huge xp,ap,sp AND costume reward. 

Upcoming patch notes and changes for the July 5 patch (https://secretworldlegends.com/news/2-0-1-patch-preview/):

Dungeon Highlights

• Introduced phase 1 of the Elite Dungeon System
  • Adjusted the loot table for chests in story dungeons to provide a higher chance of receiving an item over a distillate – Rougly a 50/50 split.
  • Significantly increased the rate that rare chests will spawn in story dungeons.
  • Rare chests in story dungeons will now give both a distillate and an extraordinary item.
  • Players will receive a guaranteed extraordinary item for the first dungeon they complete each day.
  • Added glyphs to scenario chests.
  • Increased the signet drop rate in lair chests.
  • Added XP to the repeatable dungeon missions.

General Highlights

• Increased the base inventory size to 35.
  • Reduced the cost of Sprint 2 to 2500 Marks of Favour.
  • Quickened Anima has been renamed to Sprint Upgrade.
  • Unlocking a weapon’s active or passive page will now unlock the other page for free.
  • The price of the first weapon unlock has been reduced to 5000 Marks of Favour.
  • Increased the rate at which players gain AP and SP at level 50.
  • Attaching glyphs and signets no longer costs Marks of Favour.

Patron Highlights

• Patrons will now receive 1 bonus AP whenever they gain an AP through XP.
  • Players will now receive 1 bonus SP whenever they gain an SP through XP.
  • Patrons now receive 20% more Marks of Favour from Challenges.
  • Teleporting no longer requires Anima Shards for Patrons.
  • All players can now initiate a trade with any other player as long as they are either a patron, or have reached level 15.

Shadow-Bound weapons (from the puzzle) will come on July 5. They did a poll on the dev-stream for the suffix (I don't know what won, I hope 'energy').

You can claim ALL weapons once and they will probably be Mk II.

Edited by Saslic

PvP is the easiest and fastest way to farm items and Anima Shards. Win/defeat does not matter, after each round you get a bundle containing a weapon, talisman, glyph and over 1000 Anima Shards.

Upcoming patch notes and changes for the July 5 patch (https://secretworldlegends.com/news/2-0-1-patch-preview/):

Dungeon Highlights

• Introduced phase 1 of the Elite Dungeon System
  • Adjusted the loot table for chests in story dungeons to provide a higher chance of receiving an item over a distillate – Rougly a 50/50 split.
  • Significantly increased the rate that rare chests will spawn in story dungeons.
  • Rare chests in story dungeons will now give both a distillate and an extraordinary item.
  • Players will receive a guaranteed extraordinary item for the first dungeon they complete each day.
  • Added glyphs to scenario chests.
  • Increased the signet drop rate in lair chests.
  • Added XP to the repeatable dungeon missions.

General Highlights

• Increased the base inventory size to 35.
  • Reduced the cost of Sprint 2 to 2500 Marks of Favour.
  • Quickened Anima has been renamed to Sprint Upgrade.
  • Unlocking a weapon’s active or passive page will now unlock the other page for free.
  • The price of the first weapon unlock has been reduced to 5000 Marks of Favour.
  • Increased the rate at which players gain AP and SP at level 50.
  • Attaching glyphs and signets no longer costs Marks of Favour.

Patron Highlights

• Patrons will now receive 1 bonus AP whenever they gain an AP through XP.
  • Players will now receive 1 bonus SP whenever they gain an SP through XP.
  • Patrons now receive 20% more Marks of Favour from Challenges.
  • Teleporting no longer requires Anima Shards for Patrons.
  • All players can now initiate a trade with any other player as long as they are either a patron, or have reached level 15.

Can we just stop a second and ask: Is this really Funcom running this show? Because a lot of those changes looks like they acctually have listened to feedback from Reddit and is adjusting things... HYYYPE!!!

Also, some of Sevens tips are outdated and were true in normal TSW, the builder/spender for main/offhand.

I'd say a TSL dps build should be something like:

-Main basic attack.

-Main single target DPS spam

-Main AOE clear

-Main power attack or Buff/Utility

-Elite ability

-2nd wep utility

-2nd wep energy spender

Some such

My new Passive Skill strategy that I wish I'd use as a noob (which I still am so I get to use it).

1. Pick a Main Weapon

2. Fill out the two bot rows for that weapons passives.

3. Pick the specific passives that match the actives I am using.

4. Choose a stat that buff a base stat that benefits the build that I am going for/what roll I want to fill. For instance I have % of my max hp when I X, so I am only going through every node that has HP.

Edited by Gromk

Also, some of Sevens tips are outdated and were true in normal TSW, the builder/spender for main/offhand.

I'd say a TSL dps build should be something like:

-Main basic attack.

-Main single target DPS spam

-Main AOE clear

-Main power attack or Buff/Utility

-Elite ability

-2nd wep utility

-2nd wep energy spender

Some such

What is outdated? You have written the same here, and even added one slot :P

I suggested MH-filler/basic, MH aoe, MH st, OH st, elite, and random. 

Edited by Seven

There's no builders or consumers no more.

Oh and DOTs on weapons matter for sure. 

EDIT: Also I was very drunk when I replied.

Edited by Gromk

There's no builders or consumers no more.

Oh and DOTs on weapons matter for sure. 

EDIT: Also I was very drunk when I replied.

Well call it whatever, one still consumes resources and the other one you use when your out of resources and has a chance to build it! Ill change the description to "filler" so that no new players gets very confused.. :P

I am so confused... so I'm going to stick with 'poke them with the pointy end'

I am so confused... so I'm going to stick with 'poke them with the pointy end'

Me too I walk around like wolverine hittig them with my claws xD 

Im level 25 now, slowly and nicely doing all the missions and such in the Savage Coast :), finished Kingsmouth and got the Guise of the Revenant clothing !

Lvl 50 is funtatic with the dungeons now, plus all the changes to cost of p2w contra buying with ingame currency and so on has me excited. Will never be able to compete with the Whales ofcourse, but I think I'm doing alright compared to other non-paying players (I do have Patron permanently thatnks to lifetime sub in TSW).