Chimp

Ashes of Creation

[5:45 PM] Pug: i will post a faq

[5:45 PM] Pug: from their discord

[5:46 PM] Pug: Can I play the game yet? No. The game is currently at Pre-Alpha, meaning that it wont be released for a while. When will the game be released? The game doesn’t have a specified release date, but the game does have a estimate date of when Alpha will come out (October-December/Q4 of 2017) But if you want a estimate of when the game will be released, the best I can give you is 2018-2019. Will there be any race/gender-locked classes? Nope. The devs are trying to stay away from classes being gender or race-locked classes; the same goes for gender-locked races. Is it Open World Pvp? Yes. There is a flagging system though, just to keep PKing to a minimum as it will have a punishment system. Will there be an OCE server? Depending the interest of the game in regions, there will be servers provided - this includes OCE, SEA and other regions. If you wish to bring interest in that region, make sure your voice is heard on our community forums and discord. What is the business model for the game? It is a Subscription Based MMORPG, at $15 a month. There will be an in-game mall/cash shop available for players with only cosmetics, skins and dyes!(edited)

[5:46 PM] Pug: How can I get an alpha key? Register on the website (https://www.ashesofcreation.com) to be enterred into the random drawing. Join the discord server (which you’ve done if you’re reading this) and forums and actively participate and make a meaningful contribution to the community to be considered for the hand picked drawing. The random and hand picked drawings alternate by week. Winners are selected on Mondays. For more information on how the weekly drawing/raffle works, please check this out: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/information-regarding-weekly-key-drawings-2/ How many playable races and classes will there be? There will be 8 playable races and 8 playable classes on release. The classes are Tank, Fighter, Summoner, Rogue, Ranger, Mage, Cleric, and Bard. The confirmed races are Dwarves, Orcs, 2 Elven races, 2 Human races. The 2 remaining races are unknown. You may select one of the 8 races for your class. The classes will not be gender locked. What is the Combat system like? It is a hybrid between Tab-target and Action Combat. The combat is going to be a combination of targeting method and positional mechanics that will dictate and determine the ability of skills to land and the efficacy of those skills. Included in the plans for combat is fluid chain attacks and animation cancels. Is the game PVE or PVP based? Ashes of Creation will feature content for both playstyles. PvE and PvP players will have a place in Ashes and will contribute to the development of the world. However, you, the players, do not need to be part of the PVP in order to progress. You'll be able to focus on crafting, gathering, city building, farming, animal husbandry, home building, raiding and much more!(edited) feelsgoodman2

Home › Forums › Announcements & Headlines › Information Regarding Weekly Key Drawings Tagged: #MMMOGA, #pickmeplease, …

[5:46 PM] Pug: What type of flagging system will be used for PvP in Ashes? There are three states that a player can find themselves in: Non-Combatant (Green), Combatant (Purple), and Corrupt (Red). Everyone is a Non-Combatant by default. If a Non-Combatant attacks a Combatant or another non-combatant, then they become a Combatant for a period of time. Similarly, if a Non-Combatant enters a PVP zone (which includes things like Castles, City Sieges and Caravans) they are automatically flagged a Combatant while in the zone, and for a period of time after leaving that zone. Players can kill Combatants without repercussions, and are encouraged to do so, since dying while a Combatant means you suffer reduced death penalties. Where this changes is when a Combatant kills a Non-Combatant. In this case, the Combatant is Corrupt, and acquires a Corruption Score (which is accrued based on a number of different parameters, including the level differential of their freshly slain victim). This Corruption Score can be worked off with effort through a few mechanics, but the primary means of getting rid of it is through death. While a player is marked as Corrupt, they may be attacked by both Combatants and Non-Combatants. If a non-combatant attacks a corrupt player, the non-combatant will not flag as a combatant. Is the game Pay To Win? The main goal of the game is to ensure the community that there will be ZERO tolerance for Pay To Win features. Expect none to be implemented in the game, the cash shop or Kickstarter.

[5:46 PM] Pug: How will housing work? Static housing - There will be a finite number of houses per node. You can build a house in the early stages development of a node and reap benefits from it if that node progresses into later stage. Houses will grow along with the node. Instanced housing - Basically housing for politics within a node. Houses for government and other political housing. Open world land ownerships - You will lay claim to a piece of land out in the world. On that land you will have space to build a home, grow a farm, build all kinds of different workstations and so much more. What is the Character Customization like? If there was a game to compare it to, Intrepid Studios would say very similar to how Black Desert Online has their character customization set up. There are plans to make it more in-depth for the players however. More information coming soon. I have a question that is not listed here, what should I do? Please do not hesitate to ask the Staff or Moderation Team over at #ask_intrepid. Please make sure to visit #intrepid_answers or use the Search Function available on Discord just in case if your question has already been previously answered.(edited)

During the official Kickstarter they have those regular livestreams (and vods) 

• Mondays 3:00 PM PDT
  • Wednesdays 3:00 PM PDT
  • Fridays 3:00 PM PDT

-How much of that is really in game footage vs pre rendered ??? 2% ?

The Fill in the blanks yourself Hype, is strong with this one.

-How much of that is really in game footage vs pre rendered ??? 2% ?

Pretty good for a pre-alpha game imo. (Obviously it has been edited, and has cinematic angles in the previous video...but it's definitely (scripted) in-game footage :) )

The rogue teaser made me check out all the videos/infos out there about this game...

I am very optimistic (HYPED!!!!). They have a bunch of good ideas and a supporting community behind them. (in just under 12 hours they acchived their kickstarter goal of 750,000$ and now theyve surpassed 1,8 million in donations with still 20 days remaining...)

I hope they keep feeding us with information about this "genre changing MMORPG" (*khm*ambitious*khm*). More than 2 years...thats a lot of time anyways :)

I'm staying somewhat sceptical towards this. Tab-targeting MMO which doesn't seem to bring much new to the table from what we've played.

There are just so many pieces to get right: progressing, gear, pvp rewards, server stability, combat, endgame content, siege mechanics etc and IF it all falls into place it'd be the best ever. 

On the other hand we've seen every single game so far drop the ball in one or more of those departments. Every single dev says they'll have a engaging end game, huge sieges bla bla bla and there's always huge flaws. 

So until we actually see how all that shit turns out I'll be holding of the hype. Hoping, but not hyping :D 

Hoping is the word I have been looking for!!! :D

ps.: they are aiming for a hybrid combat system (action combat with a few tab-targeting elements)

Hoping this will hit just after we quit Crowfall :D

So Crowfall release + 2 weeks, someone should inform the Ashes team.

So Crowfall release + 2 weeks, someone should inform the Ashes team.

Nice, she knows them?

It looks ambitious, but seems they really need to expand their team to make this happen tbh.

Even then, realistically game seems at least ~3 years away.

They are going to expand the team the upcoming few quarters according to one of the Kickstarter streams :) They started around 12 working on the project, aiming for 40 by the end of the year or something...I will try to dig the info up once I have the time .

(edited numbers...I was totally wrong :D )

edit 2: found the video when he is first talking about the staff (and numbers): video 14:00

Edited by Liannae