Sign in to follow this  
Cogency

Battlefield 1 - WW1

Been playing the solo missions, few things to say.

I've been waiting for a decent ww1/2 shooter for what feels like ages and for me this ticks virtually every box.

The stories (so far) are excellently crafted, along with the gameplay I've found the immersion superb. Yes, there are automatic weapons everywhere, but for me this is a good concession to gameplay.

So, the graphics are of course top notch, and for me I love the gameplay, you will need something other than a mouse to fly with, I've found dogfighting glorious.

I haven't played multiplayer yet, and probably won't until I've finished the missions. It also feels like it has a great deal more depth than battlefront but I stress it's still early days.

If you're a battlefield fan I would say go for it, sure it's not perfect (lacking some of the depth we crave for these days) but it's still a lot of fun.

I'll apologise now, I disagree with this guy on so many levels, I will give a full critique when I've got the time (big if) to note down with a pen and paper the exact issues I think he is incorrect from my point of view.

Sufficed to say he has a bee in his bonnet about this game and doesn't feel literary narrative has any place in war, which it clearly does.

He does however make some valid points, if I get the time to analyse further I will, and being honest I haven't even completed the campaign side of things, so there's obvious issues there! but I still say it's fun :-)

I think he was expecting something different from this game. He was expecting somewhat realistic WW1 exprience but what he got is this weird "one man killing everything" gameplay with some bullshit things like this full armored guy with machinegun. For me this video show what you can expect from singleplayer and if you like it or not its up to you.

It's battlefield anyway so noone really buy it for single player. ;) I hated multiplayer at open beta so I didn't buy it. I was expecting something more realistic and not this SF.

Edited by Nexi

That is true as far as realism goes, so for me not a big issue, and yes it's really all about multiplayer, which I haven't even tried yet! So taking a bit of a gamble, but I couldn't resist a shooter set in an older era and not this modern/futuristic stuff. :)

HAHA Cogy you caught me, i needed some fps action.

There is some fun to be had in BF1 but i still think its not as good as other BF games

Spring Update:

https://www.battlefield.com/news/update-notes/spring-update

They brought back Platoons, so in case anyone else is playing BF1 , I created a Ginnunga Platoon - feel free to join :)

Besides having the tag and emblem, if you fill up a squad with other players that represent the same Platoon, the squad will automatically be renamed to the Platoon’s name. Furthermore, if your represented Platoon contributed the most to a Flag Capture (with at least two members present), a pennant carrying your Platoon emblem will be shown on the flag pole. More bragging rights for you.

Spring Update:

https://www.battlefield.com/news/update-notes/spring-update

They brought back Platoons, so in case anyone else is playing BF1 , I created a Ginnunga Platoon - feel free to join :)

Coots! My love, no one was playing this so I didnt get it. :( I miss our BF days.

Do you have Overwatch by any chance?

No, I don't have Overwatch. It seems to be a good/popular game, but when I watched some youtube/twitch videos it somehow did not get me excited, don't know why.