Sammerkand

Ultra wide monitors

Purchased, should arrive tomorrow.

On a totally unrelated note, I'm thinking I might work from home tomorrow because umm errr, the weather! Yeah I'm working from home tomorrow because the weather....

Key Features
  • 31.5” QHD (2560x1440) Display
  • 3-side Ultra-Slim Bezel
  • Sphere Lighting
  • 144Hz Refresh rate
  • Nvidia G-Sync Technology
  • Height, Pivot and Swivel Adjustable

you wont find more at that price.

Key Features
  • 31.5” QHD (2560x1440) Display
  • 3-side Ultra-Slim Bezel
  • Sphere Lighting
  • 144Hz Refresh rate
  • Nvidia G-Sync Technology
  • Height, Pivot and Swivel Adjustable

you wont find more at that price.

I think they come at that price because it's a VA panel.

I have a VA TV as tertiary display, I was pleased on how good viewing angles and colors it has.

"VA - TN - IPS" are the root of endless debate, go with whatever rocks your boat but I would recommend finding a place where you can compare each panel side by side.

If you would get a 34" ultrawide, 1440p (I feel like 1080 is gonna be bad at 34 inches, while anything above 1440 is going to be way heavy on gpu), above 60hz, and not necessarily the most expensive one available, which one would you buy? :P

Still just in the itching phase, but i really feel like i want some more vertical size on the screen and i still want to retain the 21x9 ratio..

Samsung CHG90 QLED, sadly its only 1080p high. :P

ViZRxC2UQx64qe9oXBKh48-650-80.jpg

Anyway; 

144hz, Acer Predator X34P

120hz, Alienware AW3418DW

120hz (overclock) LG 34GK950G

All have G-sync.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRR

The already known Acer X35 and ASUS PG35VQ 3440×1440 200Hz G-SYNC HDR gaming monitors with 512-zone FALD backlighting should (hopefully) start with mass production in Q4 2018.

AUO VA Panels Expected Release Date Monitor Name
35” 3440×1440 200Hz FALD-HDR Q4 2018 Acer Predator X35
35” 3440×1440 200Hz FALD-HDR Q4 2018 ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ

:wub:   But pricey I bet.

Edited by Cogency

32:9 is a bit of a stretch.. :P

But yeah, i guess its going to be hard to get under 1k euro for what i want.

32:9 is a bit of a stretch.. :P

But yeah, i guess its going to be hard to get under 1k euro for what i want.

Check the last edit I did, with the new 35" 200hz 1440p HDR monitors that are coming. (if you didnt see)

Aye, ill wait and see what happens there. But im thinking if there is anything i should be willing to spend money on its a good monitor, since its eating just as much of my life as my bed is :P

But its just not as "fun" as getting an overpriced graphics card or something, for some reason hehe. Have to slap my head into logic mode.

Running the monitor now for games, I'll try it out a few days, picture is awesome :-p. All games I tried so far has been running smooth, 50-60 frames, got a 1800x and 1080 ti. 

I am considering one of the new LGs

The contenders are:

1. LG 27GN950
  2. LG 34GN850
  3. LG 38GN950

The first one is appealing because it is 16:9 and 4K and would fit on my monitor arm with my other monitors. It is also not appealing because it's 4K and heavy as hell to run.

The second one is Ultrawide, which often is nice, but it's "only" 1440, albeit ultrawide

The third one, also Ultrawide, higher pixel density than the 34inch, but it's stupid expensive.

So, I used to lean on the 27, but now I am thinking, I don't need three monitors, the ones I have are old and stupid anyway and I have been screaming ultra wide master race for the past 10+ years. So, if I go with the 34, will I feel like I have the second best? On the other hand, the 38inhc one is €2000 which is stupid expensive, more expensive than my TV in the living room, and I really will not spend all that much time in front of it. More than half my time gaming is on the living room TV over Steam Link.

So, almost decided on the 34 inch.

Did anyone of you guys spend stupid money on their monitor?

Quick decision there David!

Have been looking at monitors also - anyone tried the XIAOMI 34" 1440p (144hz) via banggood? Build quality etc certainly not going to be as good as some of the others mentioned but is much cheaper - it was on sale a few weeks back for just under £400 (i guess maybe 450 euro). Seems to get decent reviews

https://www.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-Curved-Gaming-Monitor-34-Inch-21-9-Bring-Fish-Screen-144Hz-High-Refresh-Rate-1500R-Curvature-WQHD-3440+1440-Resolution-121-pencent-sRGB-Wide-Color-Gamut-Free-Sync-Technology-Display-p-1582948.html?gmcCountry=CZ&currency=USD&createTmp=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc_ods&utm_campaign=nancy-197s-sdsrm-jewelry-content&utm_content=nancy&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwuD7BRDBARIsAK_5YhWi_cWIQZehUPiEhRYZLRI4N20TkycUqPaukBiz-RxUjYAosrrJa_kaAi3rEALw_wcB&ID=224&cur_warehouse=CN

Edited by Tumble

I have the LG 27GL850-B, not ultrawide, but 144Hz 1440p IPS with G-sync/freesync. It fits perfectly on the arm where my old 1440p 27" 60Hz went, and that's now moved to my other arm.

I'm pretty impressed with the LG offerings in general.

Edited by Kunasha

Yeah, last two years they are making nice moves into the gaming market, this years lineup is spectacular. Shame SLI has been killed, else running Kunashas monitor in surround would have been appealing

5 hours ago, Tumble said:

Quick decision there David!

Have been looking at monitors also - anyone tried the XIAOMI 34" 1440p (144hz) via banggood? Build quality etc certainly not going to be as good as some of the others mentioned but is much cheaper - it was on sale a few weeks back for just under £400 (i guess maybe 450 euro). Seems to get decent reviews

https://www.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-Curved-Gaming-Monitor-34-Inch-21-9-Bring-Fish-Screen-144Hz-High-Refresh-Rate-1500R-Curvature-WQHD-3440+1440-Resolution-121-pencent-sRGB-Wide-Color-Gamut-Free-Sync-Technology-Display-p-1582948.html?gmcCountry=CZ&currency=USD&createTmp=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc_ods&utm_campaign=nancy-197s-sdsrm-jewelry-content&utm_content=nancy&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwuD7BRDBARIsAK_5YhWi_cWIQZehUPiEhRYZLRI4N20TkycUqPaukBiz-RxUjYAosrrJa_kaAi3rEALw_wcB&ID=224&cur_warehouse=CN

Since when you go IPS, you never go back, I am stuck with the more expensive ones unfortunately, if I was on TNs, moving to that would be awesome I am sure. On the other hand, there is quite a big selection of 1440 ultrawide VA panels, so hard to pick there. I think I personally would lean on a more reputable brand for a little longer until they have established a more firm brand reputation