Sammerkand

Ultra wide monitors

Sinfui also haz the X34A.

I DO and I love it! Like some games I turn on and just: "... Damn..." 

I will say that mine has quite a bit of backbleed, and it's not uncommon, BUT I decided not to be a fucking idiot about it and just go. Tbh I've never, not once, noticed it while gaming. I have seen it during cutscenes in some games (extremely dark/black shit on the sides) but I forgot it's there. Just a FYI, since quite few of these panels have it. 

Today is happy day, my monitor has been found and it will be dleivered today  :D

But for you Seven I would recommend the Predator Z35P since you are Norsk and have all the monies

Haha i wish i had all the monies! And gz on the monitor :D

But i am interested in a good screen, and from what i can see this is the differences

x34a: 34'', IPS panel, 60 to 95 (100) Hz

z35p: 35'', VA panel, 100 to 144 Hz

There is also the pricegap up to the z35p of about 200 euros. Hmm.. Ive heard IPS is better for gaming, right? 

Edited by Seven

IIRC it is TN>VA>IPS for gaming due to response time and easier to get higher refresh rate. But for colors and eye candy it is IPS>VA>TN.

Just don't quote me on this  :P

IIRC it is TN>VA>IPS for gaming due to response time and easier to get higher refresh rate. But for colors and eye candy it is IPS>VA>TN.

Just don't quote me on this  :P

Ops!

Today is happy day, my monitor has been found and it will be dleivered today  :D

But for you Seven I would recommend the Predator Z35P since you are Norsk and have all the monies

That is a VA panel, better for video than Gaming. 

TN>IPS>VA Gaming

Edited by Lyngs

That is a VA panel, better for video than Gaming. 

TN>IPS>VA Gaming

Spent a few mins reading up on it and that seem to be the consensus.

There are new VA technologies like PVA and MVA that has improved resonse times to that of IPS.

But from model to model they suffer more or less from ghosting, so it is worth reading reviews if you want a new VA panel like the Z35P or the one I got.

I got my monitor now and jeebus is it awesome!

Only played a few hours of PUBG yet but it is so much better than my old monitor it is rediculous.

Gonna take a while to get used to ultrawide and I may have to get a deeper desk to sit further away  :D

Would defeinitely recommend it to anyone wanting a 1440p 100hz monitor that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Only downside is that it doesn't support g-sync but I havent noticed any tearing yet

Edit: #Ultrawidemasterrace

Edited by Karge

I'm thinking of buying a PG348Q (cheaper than X34A), is it still a good choice or can I get something better for ~1000 € while keeping size and the curved form?

Edited by Saslic

Soo, I finally got "permission" to get one of these lovely monitors.

Is "X34A" still the goto monitor in this size/pricerange?

Edited by Amrita

It is what I use and I'm happy with but there are several cheaper options available. 

Also with X34A you should ensure sufficient warranty as there has been several issues with the monitor but once it works, boy does it work :D

For the same [rice, i really really like 43" 4k ultrabright over the curved, albiet, the curved is my 2nd screen

Hepl I didn't buy new monitor in many years and want to replace my 2 old screens with a larger 4K thing (edit: ok probably not 4K, 1440 27" or something i guess, no clue). Should be able to use it for work on my MacBook, but also gaming (Nvidia 980 GTX or something, but I'll replace my comptuer later this year too) and extra bonus if it won't have trouble with the Nintendo Switch. Budget 500-1000 I guess. Where to start?

Edited by Calyn

Hepl I didn't buy new monitor in many years and want to replace my 2 old screens with a larger 4K thing (edit: ok probably not 4K, 1440 27" or something i guess, no clue). Should be able to use it for work on my MacBook, but also gaming (Nvidia 980 GTX or something, but I'll replace my comptuer later this year too) and extra bonus if it won't have trouble with the Nintendo Switch. Budget 500-1000 I guess. Where to start?

Start by finding a company that sells monitors, or a company that can order a monitor at a company that sells monitors. I think that would be a good starting point.

I have no clue how to do any of those things I just want someone to bring the bestest monitor for my needs to my home.

I have a freesync monitor with a Nvidia card. Can easily do without free/G-sync.

Also that samsung is 100hz native, where the asus and stuff needs to be OC. And it is in his price range.

That looks nice but the reviews don't seem super awesome so I feel if I'm already spending that much money I might as well go for the x34p? 100hz -> 120hz OC, IPS and it's G-sync and seems to have much better warranty.

That looks nice but the reviews don't seem super awesome so I feel if I'm already spending that much money I might as well go for the x34p? 100hz -> 120hz OC, IPS and it's G-sync and seems to have much better warranty.

Yes ofcourse the x34p is better, but it's also 500euro more than the Samsung and therefor it was not in your 500~1000 budget. (if I look at prices here)

Up the budget and get the x34p if that is doable. :)

Edited by Cogency

I think it's ~250 Euro more here than the Samsung (if I'm looking at the right thing, it's all in moon language). 

Ordered the x34p on JD here but had to wait a bit for it to be released and it came today. Got it for ~900 Euro, ~260 Euro cheaper than the price is now after pre-order ended. \o/

Just has one huge issue.

I need a bigger desk.

I've been toying with the idea of upgrading to an X34P but unsure how well a 980 will manage with that resolution.

Anyone have practical experience of this or something similar? Will I just end up wanting to buy a new graphics card which I'm not going to do for at least a year probably...

I have a 980 ti and been very happy with the X34P, but then again I barely play any shooters or anything demanding so it may be different for you. Can play WoW on ultra settings with low anti-alias settings on 100-120 hz for what it's worth :D if you can compromise on some graphic settings then you should have no problem

And for work it's the best screen I ever had, I like it much more than the 4k Dells I had in the office.

Dendil,

I used mine for a year, and it had no issues with anything with the 980ti. It ran that and 2 supplementry monitors without issue.

If you want to pop round next weekend you can see for yourself.

The boy is now running it, i accidentally upgraded again ...

Edited by Sammerkand

I've been toying with the idea of upgrading to an X34P but unsure how well a 980 will manage with that resolution.

Anyone have practical experience of this or something similar? Will I just end up wanting to buy a new graphics card which I'm not going to do for at least a year probably...

If you want to run FPS games at max fps then you will want to upgrade your GPU, otherwise you are fine.

I have a Radeon R9 280 , free to a good home (you pay postage)

Mine is not a Ti and I play a mixture of games so I'm not overly worried about performance a lot of the time. I've just finished playing Ghost Recon Wildlands and it's a title like that which I'm assuming I'd have to lower the settings for the 980 to cope with that game at that resolution.

I could live with that as long as the FPS isn't going to be too bad, I rarely play anything other than single player these days because of other commitments so I'm thinking it will be fine 90% of the time.

Yeah 980 should be fine, probably cant maximize everything but it should be well playable. I have a 970 and that is just not cutting it (especially not since its dieing I think, hehe), but gfx cards are stupidly expensive atm.  :mellow: