Sammerkand

Ultra wide monitors

3 hours ago, Ernesto said:

This new computer is becoming expensive

Why didn't you just go for the bigger penis?

39 minutes ago, Ernesto said:

Neh, it would look stupid.

Only if you see the reflection of your own face.

EHEHE

This is my custom built desk (built by me)

Now imagine the 49 Inch Samsung slap bank in the mioddle. (yes the size was deliberate, just for it)

Your face would look stupid .....

20201004_173733.jpg

I am just jelly because your computer room is not also doubling as a closet. On the other hand, I am constantly Suit Ready (tm) - Just an arms length away

21 minutes ago, Ernesto said:

I am just jelly because your computer room is not also doubling as a closet. On the other hand, I am constantly Suit Ready (tm) - Just an arms length away

Atleast you have a closet! 

So David's wife is like this all the time:

"Hay David, come out of that closet!"

1 hour ago, Ernesto said:

Imagine that setup Sammer, and then imagine being as handsome as me while using it

I am not sure i can imagine being less handsome than i already am ....

As the avatar states, "rediculously good looking" this is not a lie ...

Oh and i also am always Suit Ready!

Edited by Sammerkand
adds

20 hours ago, Sammerkand said:

I am not sure i can imagine being less handsome than i already am ....

As the avatar states, "rediculously good looking" this is not a lie ...

Oh and i also am always Suit Ready!

Most likely birthday suit ready. 

52 minutes ago, Howley said:

Most likely birthday suit ready. 

Its still a suit.

On 10/5/2020 at 8:30 PM, Ernesto said:

Pete calls it his maggot suit

I call it many things ..........

Mainly a fillet steak proccessing plant.;

I use eneloop pro rechargeable batteries for my mouse, and have a 4 slot charger on my desk. It is a father's job to have AA and AAA batteries ready at all times, so I killed 2 birds with 1 stone and keep the charger where it makes most sense.

This one is UK version, but there should be one with EU plug

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N7GHUH0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Batteries:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JWC40JY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

The white non-pro ones are OK for gamepads and other things, but the pros are needed to go a whole day of logitech gaming mouse

Edited by Kunasha

7 hours ago, Kunasha said:

I use eneloop pro rechargeable batteries for my mouse, and have a 4 slot charger on my desk. It is a father's job to have AA and AAA batteries ready at all times, so I killed 2 birds with 1 stone and keep the charger where it makes most sense.

This one is UK version, but there should be one with EU plug

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N7GHUH0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Batteries:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JWC40JY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

The white non-pro ones are OK for gamepads and other things, but the pros are needed to go a whole day of logitech gaming mouse

Eneloops are great - use them for my camera flashes etc

So, any people here still in the "bang for the buck" club? Ern clearly got old and joined the "sort by highest price" club so his opinion no longer matter (I know how to find the sort button already)!

Im gonna need a new monitor when i build a new pc, 34(or more)" ultra wide 21:9, no extra super mega ultra wide, preferably no more than 600ish euros cause im cheap when it comes to important shit (like monitor and bed etc), and there actually seems to be quite a few options, any (good) suggestions? Was almost two years since the last time i was thinking of upgrading so im totally out of touch with whats available and whats actually good.

Sadly monitor videos and articles seem to have the same effect on me as the cpu vids now, snooze after 2 minutes, meanwhile I can watch gpus and random pc-builds all night long.

I linked one a few posts back that is probably the best bang for buck at the moment. Think I'm going to try one. Currently on banggood flash sale for £384 (must be about 420 euro?). Seems to get good reviews so far although clearly if you're bothered about having a more well known brand this might not be the one for you :)

4 hours ago, Drexa said:

So, any people here still in the "bang for the buck" club? Ern clearly got old and joined the "sort by highest price" club so his opinion no longer matter (I know how to find the sort button already)!

Im gonna need a new monitor when i build a new pc, 34(or more)" ultra wide 21:9, no extra super mega ultra wide, preferably no more than 600ish euros cause im cheap when it comes to important shit (like monitor and bed etc), and there actually seems to be quite a few options, any (good) suggestions? Was almost two years since the last time i was thinking of upgrading so im totally out of touch with whats available and whats actually good.

Sadly monitor videos and articles seem to have the same effect on me as the cpu vids now, snooze after 2 minutes, meanwhile I can watch gpus and random pc-builds all night long.

AOC CU34G2X

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/aoc-cu34g2x#:~:text=Our Verdict,at its current price point.

Edited by Cogency

I have the 32 inch, it is an awesome monitor.

Gonna check the Tumblechinamonitor a bit, but yeah that AOC looks pretty nice and its 6k swedish coronas which isnt bad. Im decently happy with my really cheap AOC 29" at home already, only complaint, other than being too small, would be that it bleeds quite a bit in the left bottom corner, only noticeable on a black screen though.

Any tips on some vesa mount arm for my current monitor, something that would allow me to put it above the new one (preferably on a foot or something but table mounting should work)? Having two ultra wide next to each other would be shit, especially since they are different sizes, one curved one flat etc... Never used a mount and its really hard to judge if they are gonna be high enough to go above another monitor or not.

@Cogency Nope havent bought anything yet. Dont really want to get a new monitor before i get a new computer. That monitor looks pretty nice though, had to google a bit, never even thought about them having different curvatures and stuff...

Starting to look like it might take a while before i can build a new pc though, 3080 cards and zen 3 cpus might be hard to get, guessing around christmas/new year maybe.

And going totally off topic, had a 10 min power outage today and my pc lost all bios settings (oc etc) and it also feels like i lost most cookies or whatever regarding logins in chrome, was logged out of most sites. Would CMOS battery screw with chrome? O.o

Anyway, shit is working again, just got me confused.

1 hour ago, Drexa said:

@Cogency Nope havent bought anything yet. Dont really want to get a new monitor before i get a new computer. That monitor looks pretty nice though, had to google a bit, never even thought about them having different curvatures and stuff...

Starting to look like it might take a while before i can build a new pc though, 3080 cards and zen 3 cpus might be hard to get, guessing around christmas/new year maybe.

And going totally off topic, had a 10 min power outage today and my pc lost all bios settings (oc etc) and it also feels like i lost most cookies or whatever regarding logins in chrome, was logged out of most sites. Would CMOS battery screw with chrome? O.o

Anyway, shit is working again, just got me confused.

No, power outage would not screw with chrome or cookies, as long as you were logged into chrome. Sounds like the bios reset due to power spike before closedown. If the CMOS battery was dead you would have to re overclock every time, so unless you do, i would blame it on the power.

Yeah i googled a bit, found some dude that had similar issues, though his bios reset every time he rebooted, apparently he fixed it by swapping the ram sticks from 1/3 to 2/4 slots.

Just checked and mine are actually in the 1 and 3 slots (B1 A1), maybe it matters somehow, but im too lazy to remove the side and change it atm. (pretty sure its recommended to use B2 A2 for two sticks though, something i apparently never bothered to check 6 years ago or so when i built this thing, but hey, it has worked long enough)

Anyway, back to ultra wide screens!