Sign in to follow this  
Cogency

Intel & AMD Processors

23 minutes ago, Kunasha said:

I'm going to wait the 6 months or so for Intel's response and see what happens

I'm thinking the same but might run out of patience ;)

It's not a priority for me right now, as I'm only struggling in one game that I got free with my GPU, and that I can wait to play. 

In Watch Dogs Legion with RTX on only.. in most games I get 75-144FPS with ultra settings at 1440p, so pretty happy with that. Even WDL gives me 75+ consistently if I turn off RTX, but why would I do that? I don't think a 2070 can compete with that.

Edited by Kunasha

Is this good time to buy entire new PC or should I wait for some new tech from intel or someone else? My PC might be like 5 years old at this point so it can't handle anything new.

I think at the moment you might struggle to find stuff you want in stock, unless you go for the previous generation stuff

I think I will just preorder stuff and wait. I don't know what I'm doing so I probably need to find someone with a time to put together a PC build for me :)

Just be careful you are not stringing along the arrival date of parts. Some parts come faulty, shit happens and you will want maximum time to be able to put it all together, test the build out and if needs be, return a component. Meanwhile, the time is ticking on the return date for all other parts sitting at home while you wait for your replacement component. 

Deliver of my 5900x I ordered in November is expected to arrive in April! Good thing old CPU is still working

5900x I ordered in november is ready to be sent for a month now but I don't expect my 3080 to arrive before May.

Edited by Nexi