Paintman

Cool lamp gadget

So an IRL of mine that I visite every now and then, showed me his new project he started after finishing his masters last year and I actually think it has potential.

To clarify this is not a sole purpose to advertise his project. I actually think its very cool and I also think that some of the gadget horny geeks in Ginnunga would actually appreciate stuff like this. He made a kickstarter funding for it so if anyone is interested in a really awesome lamp I present you the LUNALUXX!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1185320968/lunaluxx

I played around with the prototype a little bit and he told me of the extra functions that they have implemented (he had the prototype at home but the advanced version of it at the lab) and I kinda got psyched. Trendy design with a levitating saucer on your work desk, how fucking cool is that! He even got 2 patent rights on the technique.

If you are not interested in the kickstarter, just like his pages because he has a few cool new ideas he is working on with the same technique. And eventually the lunaluxx will go into production (but the backers will receive them first)

Question! 

We can on the pictures/video see the blue or uv light emited from the diode, both on the hand and one the, eh coil "arm". 

Is this blue light visible irl, or just on the pictures/videos because cameras can capture it?

This was his answer: There is indeed a small blue reflection on the arm and around the base as well. This is indeed visible irl. It is however regular royal blue light, not UV-light.

Edited by Paintman