Sign in to follow this  
Cogency

VR- Headsets

I got the PSVR, at first I could see only those pixels and thought shit, should got the Vive. After 20-30min of playing the resolution didnt bother, didnt even notice it. Fast paced games really delivers with motion sickness, fast car games and flying in space, but RIGS Mechanized combat, I set it up to show whole field of view and under 5mins cold sweat and stomach going round and round.

If you dont have Move sticks or PSVR aim controller, aiming just with looking to target is really cool feature with camera that tracks your eyes in the headgear and 120fps, no lag, everything has worked really nice in this section.

One the dowsides is with those 10-15€ games, those tend to lose movement calibration and view reset dont work so you need restart game. Played Hustle Kings poolgame and table moved far to my left side, so it wasnt really natural way to play :D but so far other games do work nicely.

One of the reasons I got these is cinema mode,  Netflix and HBO, lay back at sofa or Fatboy and enjoy.

Price when you get everything related, headgear, camera, move sticks and PSVR aim, ~660€ if you got PS4 or Pro allready.

That's pretty expensive considering the rift is still 400 with the controllers, better hardware and more games. And anyone getting the Vive now is crazy, you pay double for nothing extra quite the opposite actually.

You'll get used to the sim sickness. it shouldn't be called motion sickness you're not moving :) just do not push through. When you start getting queasy take a small break and start again later, and it will quickly go away completely. Personally I don't like watching movies on the rift, resolution just isn't there, but for games it's so much better than flat games.

Edited by Mitxuko

You wouldn't say it's a gimmick if you tried it! Besides Vive is probably 20% of the market (not counting phone VR), just because HTC is struggling doesn't really mean anything. With Facebook, Google, Apple and Microsoft in the race it isn't going anywhere.

Edited by Mitxuko

Star Trek bridge crew, Elite Dangerous.

Fallout 4 alleged to be VR ready this year, free if you already own it.

Set up my Oculus Rift this weekend.  I'm blown away.

Only got bridge crew so far which seems a little easy, but fun.  Robo recall game is so much fun.

Also more pixels than the WMR offerings. I wonder how expensive it will be

If so, then I really can't see it being anything more than niche still

Joost bought the Oculus, and I must admit that it is abso fucking lutely amazing. I thought the gfx wouldnt be that great with the current resolution, but my god it is awesome. The hand controllers and stuff so it knows what you are doing with your hands is incredibly also.

I want one also now, haha.

I am selling my one Cog, for 12 Bitcoins.

On a serious note,

The price for the rift has dropped thru the floor.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ultimate-oculus-bundle-oculus-rift-headset-and-oculus-touch-controllers-vr-005-or.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7dHSBRDEARIsAJhAHwgmSBzcCCRbTZjtQ5d3wsuFbjF8xdscX0Ev7MRFAyG6tpj8IMKTChIaAi4lEALw_wcB

Thats £400, including the touch controllers.

Star Trek Bridge crew is great, Elite Dangerous is just WOW, BUT you have to live with the lower resolutions and blurry text, but soooo immersive.

The technology is only going to get better.  People will realise what they can develop using the technology and produce some great games.

I bought Arizona Sunshine which was really good fun but I think too simple and limited.  It could be a lot better, but it was still great fun to play.

I don't like the warping around though.  I'd rather use the sticks for fluid movement...not sure why they can't develop that in games, as shooters are so much better in VR.  It's amazing how accurate shooting is.

Multi player didn't seem to work either which is one of the reasons I bought the game.  This sort of game needs pvp to keep it fun for me otherwise I prob won't play it again.

I'd like to get the 360 sensor set up.  I think they say one sensor is support, two rear sensors are experimental but really it's needed.

Will be great when the graphics quality improves but it's good enough now.

One thing I'm disappointed with is the amount of games on the rift.   There aren't too many I'd want to play.  Project cars looks great but I don't have a wheel or space to set one up.  Elite Dangerous or Eve Valk might be worth a try.  I do like standing up though and fighting games.  VR UFC would be great.

The next Gen wont have the need for sensors per se. They are being built into the wireless headsets, giving true 360 degree (all you have to do  is set YOUR North) and can also operate if you want to play upside down!

I am waiting to see what is out there past Q1 this year, as it is expected that there will be a few announcements around April.

Sign in to follow this