Cogency

Windows 10

Can't you set the Windows Mail program to 'push'? I dont want to manually refresh to check if I have mail (or make it check only every 15/30/etc minutes)

Can't you set the Windows Mail program to 'push'? I dont want to manually refresh to check if I have mail (or make it check only every 15/30/etc minutes)

Mail > Options > Notifications > Show a notification banner

Make sure "Show in action centre" is ticked on and there's also the option to "Play a sound" along with the push.

Thats just for a notification?

When I want to set it so it directly gets the mail I have these options:

asdfsdf.png

Show in action center is turned on btw, also the play a sound option. (I have show a notification banner turned off)

Edited by Cogency

on mine there is an extra option above "based on my usage" that says "as items arrive", try scrolling up to see if you have it

You are probably using pop3 and not imap. Search for imap settings for yahoo, then change your incoming server and see if the option appears

Set the imap thing manually but still wont let me do it. :(

Must be a Yahoo thing?

Edited by Cogency

Will wait. My wife upgraded to windows 10 and her ethernet connection keeps dropping. Not best OS ever

Will wait. My wife upgraded to windows 10 and her ethernet connection keeps dropping. Not best OS ever

Reinstall drivers and reboot router, solved it for me.

The Xbox gamescon briefing has a dx12 tech demo in it. Very interesting.

Also, the Microsoft program manager mentioned that they will be bringing cross play and cross buy. So not only will console dude get owned by pc dudes in fps games, but people like me will be able to buy a game once and play it on their windows 10 pc or Xbox one. That is pretty awesome.

It is mentioned about half way through, but it's a 90min video. Should be available on the Xbox website

So, how does this work?

If i chose to get it and install will it just fix everything by magic or will i have to format and stuff first to make sure nothing currently installed will be fubared?

installed mine today

only had to reinstall network card drivers twice and sound card drivers once, restart 4-5 times and I still have to manually open my Logitech Gaming Software manually as an admin every time I boot......

2/5 for the update procedure

Runs smooth for me, but I'm a computer genius.

Same here. Fine with 4 computers, none of them formatted, all upgraded

oh and my IRTracker 5 doesn't work anymore, didn't include that as it wasn't that critical and also I kinda expected that... will get to fixing that later....

I never got the reserve your update thingy so I downloaded it manually and installed. Everything went great \o/

I only had to install gfx card drivers and their software myself, everything else worked without me doing anything.

And my almost legal windows 7 ultimate that was activated is still activated.. and it's now windows 10 pro wheee :P

I upgraded on Friday (after my son started asking me questions after doing HIS upgrade) and haven't needed to do anything, was already on the Win10 ready Nvidia driver and the rest of my software was up to date because I only built the machine 5 weeks ago or so.

And I have a "proper" start menu back with a few more tweeks to options!

My Surface don't show the second monitor when it wakes up from sleep. Other than that, all machines work flawlessly.

Maybe ill do it on my offweek now then.

What happens if id have to reinstall btw, can i download a full iso somewhere and burn it or will it be possible to always just install with my win8 disc and then upgrade after they flagged me as a win10 user or something?

The software thingie gives me a whole bunch of options like home, pro etc.

Im guessing its the home edition i get? (Doubt id ever have any use of the pro functions anyhow..)