Calyn

Crowfall

End of year is good time to necromancy yet another topic.

At December 31 like every year Crowfall team is going to retire pledges but this year for start only pledges worth 200$+ . Later at January they are going to introduce 3 different pre-purchase packages like most B2P MMOs.

Bad news to anyone who wanted to try it before buying they confirmed that there will be no open-beta, only ppl who purchased game before release will be able to participate in tests but they will most likely add free trial later after release.

I like overall concept of game and few big changes they introduced to it this year but feels very clunky even after combat redo.

Edited by Toszi

Getting semi-hyped about this game. It is complete garbage, right?

Getting semi-hyped about this game. It is complete garbage, right?

I didn't log in for about half year but if you have info from about 1.5 year ago it's all outdated.

They remade combat making it way more action based, "lvl" progression is a bit different. They moved from "here you have your class with skill set" to "here you have base class with some unique spells that you can alter with runes" that give you passive skills/bonuses and active spells with some restrictions to what class can use what runes but most of them are usable by all/most classes.

Game is very guild-centric even with craft system since outside of basic items and "low lvl" gear you create blueprints that allow you to craft X amount of same items (results of how good gear from them is random/crafting lvl/mats used dependent).

Game have potential and I'm interested since it's open PVP focused with no safe zone PVE very similar to Albion yet way different in many aspects.

Edited by Toszi

No, since they were acquired by some publisher I stop getting any insider e-mails with updates. It seems like they parted ways with that publisher few months ago and are on their own again(?). They said at the beginning there won't be any real healer classes but it seems like they went into more PVE oriented game than they were selling at kickstarter and added 2 powerful healers..

Edited by Toszi

I check in every couple of months but it always feels super incomplete. New World felt much better in comparison. 

I am still having withdrawal symptoms from New World. I really hope they dont change the concept too much.

I haven't logged in in forever either but here's the latest quote on PvE

No plans at this time for PVE dungeons or quests, but you can find some boss encounter-like scenarios in the world we call God's Reach.