Calyn

Crowfall

Think game looks really cool actually....

I like the idea of pulling resources out of the campaigns to make a Ginnunga town we can hang out in and get drunk :) I guess even as a smaller group of us we could fight for a larger guild/alliance within the campaigns etc?

game is not even alpha yet, and its aimed for release at the end of 2016. so plente of time before betas :D

Edited by Cookz

Doing my best to avoid paying for early access.Three months of intensely playing Archeage solo left me so burned-out I couldn't stomach playing it when everyone else got access. 

Edited by Korpayne

Doing my best to avoid paying for early access.Three months of intensely playing Archeage solo left me so burned-out I couldn't stomach playing it when everyone else got access. 

At least the rest of us benefited a lot form your extensive guide, tips and advise. Just thinking about how clueless we could have been, makes my stomach turn...

I fully understand you though. I will never ever pay for alpha/beta again! Not before next time, anyway.

So I got into the pre-alpha but since tests only happen at certain times, only had time to play for an hour so far, there were only 2 NA servers up and around 150 people online across both. It's still only 1 small map just to test combat. Controls feel quite wonky but once you get used to it it's quite intense. In my first match I ended up with 3 guys from LoD, at least one of them I remember from Shadowbane. The groups afterwards were... less successful ;p

Anyway, it seems stable, didn't crash once (as apposed to SB beta where I crashed literally every 5 minutes). Combat is fun, controls need work. Animations are pretty good and fluid and the stuff that actually has graphics look decent enough, especially characters. From the videos I saw earlier I really expected worse :D There are already a bunch of skills and combos and when I opened the character panels I could see quite a lot of trainable skills that are not relevant yet, like crafting skills etc. I probably won't be playing much as it's too early to be a real game, until they put in some more content, and most of the tests are only on weekends in the early morning for me.

AMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3u4uvq/we_are_mmomaking_vets_j_todd_coleman_and_gordon/

They adressed one of my main problems with the core gameplay atm:

We're close to integrating some significant movement (latency adaptation) into the test, that will happen hopefully next week. We are in pre-alpha which is pretty rough, way before you'll ever see the majority of games.
Edited by Calyn

They've just put in the client-side controller and it makes the game a lot more responsive, especially with my ping. Also more animations. It's very playable now thanks to this change and a lot more fun.

Also a ton of skills and skill training is in the game now, very similar to Eve: http://crowfall.com/en/news/skills-faq-how-to-train-your-crow/

In March they'll get rid of the current Hunger Dome tests and start testing larger scale fights and sieges. Then campaigns should not be too far off either.

I'm glad to hear that ! That's probably THE game i will be playing once it's out.

So far I haven't had the opportunity to test though.

Been playing all morning, first time since the new client controller is in and I'm back from chinese new year holiday that I had time to play, and it's incredibly fun now. Siege test next month!

Idea of regular campgains seems really interesting , something akin to Diablo seasons, seems really interesting. However what I've seen of gameplay appears really "crude" especially combat, seems rather clunky.

Think BDO has spoiled me combatwise :P

Edited by Ashelor

Yeah it's clunky, but it's still in pre-alpha and I've already seen big improvemnts (I started playing when there was only the hunger dome map ... with no textures on most things) ;p

I think they can pull it off and it will be a fun game eventually, but it will also have a very narrow scope.

Edited by Calyn

Anyone else got an invitation to have a look and play this at Gamescom?

Wonder if its just some spam message or if they arrange proper media day access, since it starts with Dear Media Partner and its from their Press mail.  :ph34r:

Yeah maybe, do that for alot of games. Try to introduce our community and make them feed us apha/beta access. Never really works these days with all the buy to test game.  ;)

Edited by Cogency