Sign in to follow this  
Cogency

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens.

Why does he say has and not had? Why why why ehy???!??!??!?????????????? Bbbbbmbmdjsjsjwkaksjsjkwjsksjsj

It was an enjoyable, well crafted blockbuster spectacle movie with solid acting and great special effects.

I think it did a good job of "relaunching" Star Wars for a new generation of moviegoers, which probably was the intent. This might set up next films to move into more daring directions.

It did not, however, feel like Star Wars. It suffered from poor pacing, weak world-building and an all too familiar, convenient plot. The fact that I knew how the movie would end before the opening crawl was over kind of says it all. Overall I had hoped for the continuation of our beloved space saga, not a fanservice reboot that tries way too hard to please, yet ultimately remains shallow and forgettable.

and I thought it was not very good. not phantom menace levels of shit but I hate that they threw out decades of expanded universe lore.... for this.

star trek is a good example of how to do a cool reboot imo, not this. but if I turn my brain off the new film looks pretty nice so there is that. I hope the next 2 will have less recyclying and more new things other than the latest ridiculous light saber style... like some actual new plot that goes beyond who is whose father and how big the latest deathstar is

then again I don't think I as a former star wars nerd am part of the target audience anymore

Edited by Calyn

Sign in to follow this