Sign in to follow this  
Chimp

Lost Ark

There is supposed to be a russian release of Lost Ark this year, not region locked.

i ve played this russian release for 15 days and this is my point of view :

One more game called "MMO" but where 80% of the game is made for soloing and being anonym...

50% of the progression is finding some scattered beans over the map and increase recolt, 40 % is speaking to npcs and run beetween those, from one to the next one.. and 10% is pve ..
This is really sad becasue the gameplay is awesome and the game is beautyfull.

So, since this is now coming (Fall 2021), and I noticed some playing the alpha, how has it come along since a few years back? I'm guessing the alpha testers are under some sort of NDA, but anyone who has played the other versions (russian etc) lately? Or who's been keeping an eye on the community sentiment? 

Edited by Sinful

Signed up.

Actually read somewhere not long ago that it was finally being released in the EU. 

Good catch!

Have not received an invite yet. Nexi promised me I would get one. Much disappointment. 

1 hour ago, Calyn said:

Test is over for now. 

Because you broke it?

25$ for the base game looks friendly. 

Edited by Cogency

I played this alpha and it was nice. I did only PvE main quest stuff since PvP arenas were locked for 50 lvl char.  PvE Combat was fast and fluid with nice skills variety and customisation at higer levels. There was decent mob and boss variety but they kinda die too fast for it to matter to me. I never read anything about this game before alpha but from what I saw there might be alot of content there to keep players busy. I did hit 47 level and felt like I didn't even see half of the things game have to offer. As I understand this is not new game have been out in asia for years now so content should be there.

With other mmo games that realese this year looking quite boring and with barely any content It's definitely mmo I'm most interested in this year after playing this alpha.

PS. I should have probably linked alpha sign up here at the same time I singed up so people had better chance of getting key. I will do better next time. :)

Such disappointment 😔

j/k, thanks for the write up, Nexi! And yes, it's been out in both Asia and Russia quite a while afaik, maybe more places? I mean if it's only $25 this seems like a solid buy. No idea how it will hold up endgame etc, but if it's a good, fun experience until max lvl and a bit beyond that's more than fair for the price and if it turns out to have longevity it's a bonus! 

So are there any plans to make a Ginnunga guild in Lost Ark, make it an official game?

I've been catching up on my Lost Ark news last few weeks, been watching every decent video i could find, some interviews with top PvE and PvP players and everything i can see screams this is a good online RPG (wouldnt call it Massive Multiplayer online).

Closed beta will start 04/11 and will last until 11/11 (so a full week), i will be playing it for sure as i want to try a couple of classes before deciding a main, also wanna test PvP a bit (it mostly takes place as 3v3 arenas).

There are currently sign ups available, but buying any of the founders packs guarantees access, and cheapest one is 15$.

Can grab beta keys here:

https://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways/lost-ark-closed-beta-key-giveaway-2000001022

(It will run out, but 8k left atm).

And if not they will give beta keys as twitch drops as soon as the beta starts. Just watch 30 mins of a couple selected streamers and key is guaranteed. This is more of a open beta than anything else, so you WILL get in, if you want to :) 

7k left now (10:30 CET)

Edited by Sinful

Reddit has a lot of give aways as well, and now the twitch drops should be active if anyone is looking.

Feels like a really solid ARPG. Won't overplay the beta, but try some classes and get a feel for it. 

I'm having a surprising amount of fun, with the downside of wishing this game would release way sooner :(

played it a bit

think i will play this when it comes out, looks fun. I have a thing for south korean games.