Kunasha

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Guess we lost the thread from last year when we moved server. I hope they don't fuck this up. DA2 was OK, but a bit disappointing too.

Bought this week ago. So far it has been travelling, shutting rifts and collecting power. Playing it with PS4 and to my eye, the cutscenes slow, frameskip and seizure-flash. I would seriously rethink buying it if i had the chance.

Oh lol, I was just thinking of getting it. I heard the game is really good tho? The review seem good atleast.

I hope the cutscene thing can be fixed with a patch?

Oh that's too bad. I heard good things about it so far. Nothing about the cutscenes. Maybe its different on PS4 and PC

bought it aswell on release date, feels like a console port (playing on pc). storys ok but it feels... clanky and very console'ish.

Played it last night, again.  Might have to draw some of the negative words back :D  Got into this 15power required mission, which was epic. Getting some better gear now and the game isn't walking in woods sighing beautiful view tears in eyes. Now i got into giant castle which transferred me into future via badass mage rift.  Want to play moar!

Bought it, my poor PC has finally gotten to the point where new games are regularly taxing it and not letting me play on higher settings, which bums me out more than it should! Might be time to upgrade, not gonna play this for a day or two until I decide.

about 55 hours behind now. I believe next step will be the final mission.. Maybe have to hunt down the dragons before i step into the final mission... so far dragon count is 3/10.

about 55 hours behind now. I believe next step will be the final mission.. Maybe have to hunt down the dragons before i step into the final mission... so far dragon count is 3/10.

I'm still in the Hinterlands exhausting all of the quests and secrets there, but I heard on the Giant Bombcast that doing so will totally overlevel you for the rest of the game's content and make stuff too easy, so now I'm scurred!

I'm still in the Hinterlands exhausting all of the quests and secrets there, but I heard on the Giant Bombcast that doing so will totally overlevel you for the rest of the game's content and make stuff too easy, so now I'm scurred!

Doing everything in single zone will definately overlevel you. Theres many many giant zones coming for you ahead, so I suggest you stick with the main questline atleast when you get to Skyhold.. :)

I am now a strong knight of justice and awesome, on a path to save the world!

Edited by Cogency

Any of you played Co-Op stuff?? i read it was an completely seperate mode from the single players stuff? and nothing carries over from singleplayer to multiplayer? is that true ? :D

Im going to play the multiplayer with Ern, so in 2032 I will be able to tell you how it was.

So, after a relatively cold start for me, I've just finished after nearly 100hrs played with nearly everything completed, and whilst I don't want to jump the gun too much without first putting some time between me and the game; this may be my favourite RPG of all time, and one I may be prepared to say is one of the best ever made.

Stunningly gorgeous, huge, varied, numerous, supremely dense environments, a decent story, great voice acting, fun gameplay and jam packed with things to do.

I read after the fact that Inquisition was originally intended to be an online game of sorts or even a fully-fledged MMORPG, and you can tell that with the way the zones are setup, how many of the quests work and how interactions with non-story-critical NPCs are presented. I'm sort of sad that it didn't happen because it would be a pretty good one, imo!

The weak link was probably the main story, it was a bit, in my view, purposely confusing, with multiple characters literally referring to "all the weird shit" that was going on throughout the game, in that sense I think they overreached and glossed over a lot of things that were established in the previous two games in order to make the narrative in this one viable.

With that said, the side stuff, the companion stuff, and the crazy focus on political nuance really struck a note with me and I adored it. The civil war was probably the highlight, and without spoiling too much, when you reach The Exalted Plains, take some time to actually look around the trenches there, I found that particularly impactful.

I had a bit of trouble with one element of the gameplay, which is that the terrain is very "knobbly", and a lot of skills push, pull, knockback, teleport etc. and as a result I found myself regularly frustrated as a melee character being unable to hit an enemy because he teleported onto a rock that I couldn't quite reach, or I knocked him inside a tree and had to wait for him to stand up and move. Everything else about the combat was excellent and made up for it in most instances.

I haven't tried any of the Multiplayer and I don't know if I will, but on the basis of the Single Player alone, I can't recommend the game highly enough to anyone who has even an inkling of being into RPGs.

Edited by smash

Big fan of the Dragon Age games myself, loved Dragon Age: Origins, disliked Dragon Age 2. Have almost 150 hours invested into Dragon Age: Inquisition right now.

Overall quite satisfied with the game and it's a lot of fun. However very disappointed in so many things in the game being broken and/or unfinished. The game does feel rather rushed in some aspects.

Regardless, very much agree with Smash here, well worth it if you're a fan of RPG's.

My laptop is too shit to play it. Need to buy a new Hard drive for my table computer and I could continue this awesome game! Maybe very soon!

Also finished the main quest line now. Timer is ticking around 80h at the moment. I still have loads of quests still to be done and 5 dragons to be slayed. It's a great game but the main quest felt bit confusing at times, so i strongly recommend to explore those zones.

One OP thing i encountered was that when you get Knight enchanter, you can pretty much just faceroll everything.. You are nearly immortal with sick damage output.

I've played the multiplayer few hours and its fun but hard!  Multiplayer characters are completely out of the main game, so it's a fresh start.

Took me 2 days to buy a new HD (byebye my moneys 240gb SSD)... And to install windows, update it (fucking useless stuff, needed 3 reinstalls of windows before it started working. And over a dozen of times to re-try updates which kept failing for some reason)... Install stuff...

But now everythings done. If things go to shit again, its the motherboard thats broken (probably not, because things work even better now after flashing bios from 2009 version in to 2013).

____

Anyway I'm playing an archer and noticed it was the wrong fucking choice which I kinda knew. I shoulda gone mage or assasin rogue... Wondering if I should start again or not... Probably will since everything sucks with an archer, dps is very low and lots of line of sight problems.

Think I'll go for the assasin rogue, I loved that a lot in the previous Dragon Ages if it feels like stupid there is always the mage to try.

I think I'll play a damage warrior as third if I ever get that far.

Edited by Fox

Took me 2 days to buy a new HD (byebye my moneys 240gb SSD)... And to install windows, update it (fucking useless stuff, needed 3 reinstalls of windows before it started working. And over a dozen of times to re-try updates which kept failing for some reason)... Install stuff...

But now everythings done. If things go to shit again, its the motherboard thats broken (probably not, because things work even better now after flashing bios from 2009 version in to 2013).

____

Anyway I'm playing an archer and noticed it was the wrong fucking choice which I kinda knew. I shoulda gone mage or assasin rogue... Wondering if I should start again or not... Probably will since everything sucks with an archer, dps is very low and lots of line of sight problems.

Think I'll go for the assasin rogue, I loved that a lot in the previous Dragon Ages if it feels like stupid there is always the mage to try.

Did you install Windows 3.11 from floppys or how did you manage to screw it up the first two times?

Did you install Windows 3.11 from floppys or how did you manage to screw it up the first two times?

I got windows 7 ultimate edition upgrade, so I needed to preinstall vista first before I can update it in to 7... One of the problems happened between the installations and needed a new one...

Then the other one happened just after I got 7 in, it all went unresponsive after some update...

But now its mostly updated, just needed to hide some "bad updates" after which required the safe mode startup to unroll the update, before starting up again.

I've never had it this difficult. And this is my third self built computer and I've done prolly ten+ formats during the years too. No idea why it was shit like this, this time.

Probably motherboard breaking down or something, because the windows update which was ruining me had stuff to do with x86.

I rerolled from Archer to Dagger Rogue after a few hours and I didn't regret it one bit, the dps difference is night and day, Archers are super underpowered in Inquisition (even Varric sucks at lategame comparatively) and I say that as someone who played one in Origins & 2, as well as most RPGs if the option is there.

Being melee has its own frustrations in terms of terrain and enemies getting pushed/pulled all over the place, but Archer isn't even an inch as fun.

Edited by smash

Ern and myself did the multiplayer, it was pretty cool but indeed quite hard! I think having a full group to utilize more roles will also help instead of duo'ing.

After liek5 hours of playing my dagger rogue, I'm close to the same point that my archer was at 10 hours (ofc lowered difficulty to catch up, will increase after I catch up).

And the dagger rogue just kicks so much more ass than the archer... I could have re-statted at the blacksmith. But mmeh nah.