Sign in to follow this  
Cogency

Penny Dreadful

I found the trailer to be quite nice, but I lost interest quickly. It feels too much like a soap and I am not overly fond of stories that really feels like they are being invented by the episode. Some series pull it off for a season or maybe two, but then lose the grip and it goes downhill. For me, it needs to feel like every episode is part of a great plan of awesome storytelling, not something that is made up each week in a writers room.

I know that some epic series IS actually made up every week in a writers room, but they don't feel like they are.

If you get what I mean.

I want West Wing, not Lost or Days of our lives.

An erotically-charged, profoundly unsettling new saga, PENNY DREADFUL completely reinvents literature's most iconic and terrifying characters. Dorian Gray, Victor Frankenstein and timeless figures from Dracula join a core of original characters in a dark and brutal quest to save a soul -- even as they grapple with their own monstrous temptations. Starring Josh Hartnett, Timothy Dalton and Eva Green.

This show is damn well made. The atmosphere, the characters (especialy the one played by Eva Green :wub: ) and the story just sucks you in. 

I am addicted!