Sign in to follow this  
Gromk

Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

It's the Marvel version of the Bourne movies.

Great plot, great visuals (read less CGI than usually in these).

1h 30min in to the movie I realised I have had a smile on my face the entire time.

Less laughs than usually from Marvel movies, but that doesn't mean they tried having some punch-lines in there.

Loved it, go watch it all of you so they keep making movies with a little less CGI. 

I'd rank this as the third best Marvel movie so far (Avengers and Iron-Man 1 is ahead of it).

Edited by Ernesto

Chris Evans is STUUUUUUUUUUUUUHUUUUUUUUUUUUUPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID.

You're stupid for saying that Cog!

He is oh so perfect for the role.

I really really really enjoyed the movie.. Went in with low expectations, was a bit bored at the slow start but it got me along the way...
Never had a Marvel Movie with this much intricate storyline.

Obviously I hated the part where they did the thing at the last second... My ged, they should've really just skipped that part...

While a pretty good actor, he is not at all Captain America.

Colin Fergusson would have been better!

That being said, I have never actually liked the character "Captain America" and always found the character to be quite silly, so no matter who they'd cast, I would never really like it I think, unless they would do a rewrite of him.

Captain America as a character is Adam Wests Batman.

If they'd turn Captain America into Heath Ledgers The Joker, it would be good. (No, I am not gonna say that Christian Bale as Batman is a rolemodel, while the movie was great, that guy needs a cough drop)

No, it should have been Mark Vallye. :P

mark-valley.jpg

Edited by Cogency

:heart:  :blush:

And now we wait for Gromk to come in and be wrong and wrong.  :lol:

Gotta say, I agree with Ernesto and Coggy.

Mark Vallye is the better Cap.

I dont understand why people like Captain Amerika. He is such a dumb character!

I dont understand why people like Captain Amerika. He is such a dumb character!

Take into consideration the character was made back in the 40's and by those standards makes sense. As literally the flag bearer for Marvel he's going to get a few films along the way despite not really making sense in a world where you've got Hulks and Asgardian gods running around.

Then again perhaps he's there to make Hawkeye and Black Widow not seem completely useless? It also makes sense not to make every story about the end of the world.

Yeah very true. There were quite a few times in the movie when I thought to myself 'maybe you should give Tony Stark a callm he'll be able to solve this in a few seconds'. Hehe

Maybe it's also because I just don't like Chris Evans as Cpt America. I Don't take him serious as Captain/leader, the guy who brings em together, an icon to fight evil. He was good as the fire thing in Fantastic Four, but he is not someone I will look up to and give respect that Captain America should deserve.

Or something like that.

That's from the Ultimates isn't it? That's not proper Cap!

Yes, it's from ultimate but the actual Movies are mostly based on Ultimate?

Yes, it's from ultimate but the actual Movies are mostly based on Ultimate?

How so? It might take a lot of direction aesthetically from Ultimates but the tone of the characters seems pretty much in line with the normal Marvel Universe. Plus wife beating and other fun subjects don't really fit into the age bracket they aim these films at (they're practically all rated 12 over here).

I could see them trying to do a relaunch with the Ultimates as a grittier version but hopefully not.

a lot of direction aesthetically -> The Black Fury ? :)

I'm not a big nerd on avenger anyway. I did read Ultimates that's pretty much it. I'm much more on X-men for Marvel.

I dont get these super hero movies. To me they are almost as insulting to the human intellect as Creationism. Nothing makes sense, or is remotely realistic. Shallow generic plot that makes me think of it as a bad James Bond ripoff. Best part of the movie was when the credits started rolling.

Sign in to follow this