Seven

Hannibal

IMDB (8.5)

Explores the early relationship between the renowned psychiatrist and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler, who is haunted by his ability to empathize with serial killers.

Wiki

Hannibal is an American psychological thriller–horror television series developed by Bryan Fuller for NBC. The series is based on characters and elements appearing in the novel Red Dragon by Thomas Harris and focuses on the budding relationship between FBI special investigator Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a forensic psychiatrist destined to become Graham's most cunning enemy. The series received a 13-episode order for its first season and, unlike most U.S. network shows, any future seasons will also feature 13 episodes. David Slade executive produced and directed the first episode. The series premiered on NBC on April 4, 2013. On May 30, 2013, Hannibal was renewed for a second season of 13 episodes, which premiered on February 28, 2014.

The second season just started, 2 episodes in. 

Edited by Cevon

The Pathology and having Hannibal and the main protagonist both share their own take on the same crime is quite fascinating but It strikes me as somewhat far-fetched that they are picking up so many top tier serial killers within the space of a few months.

However they are the FBI and somewhat of a national organisation so I can see merit and credibility in the fact that they are getting all these choice selections for investigations but it would be nice just so the show doesn't devolve into CSI where everyone is Quippy with each other and just happen to be incredibly good lucking and charismatic in their own way (Yrs I hate most american shows) to just focus on Hannibal for an episode or two and his back story or Will's or even a killers and then introduce his crimes so that there is some anticipation or even morbid enjoyment in the killer himself and not this pump and dump killer aspect the beauty in buffalo bill was the lead up he was a monster that was slowly revealed to you and his pathology both credible and understandable.

Good show though but it needs to really push to one direction because its got its feet in both camps on the one hand its hollywood shit with the pump and dump crimes and good looking surrounding characters adding nothing to the show and more or less infuriating anyone that cares about hannibal. Or its a genuinely well written and suspenseful origin story faithful to the roots and character of cinema's most charismatic and horrific serial killers.

It needs to shit or get off the pot, I don't mind slow if its well written and I don't mind fast if its mindless fun but the eb and flow of rich slow character development of hannibal and his own therapist to this silly lets autopsy a corpse a show and make up some bullshit pathology as opposed to creating a truly awe inspiring killer or the anticipation of his capture the main focus as was the original movies greatest ability is to testing for me I know when I'm being pulled a along for a ride and won't tolerate being sold a shit show purely because they get an amazing actor to play a fan favourite.

Mikkelsen it great as lecter its a weird guy to choose for lecter but i really like him he's unique.

Season 2 is better then Season 1.

Season 1 was...well...nothing ... it was just a bunch of nothing.