Ernesto

Albion Online

turns out it is free to goto mountain cross from mountain outpost, even with gear

Hard to say after just a few days and considering we havent done PvP yet, but in beta I always thought it's way too grindy, and it still is, but I actually don't mind as much. You can ignore the worst grind (harvesting) almost completely if you want. Mob grind is not bad and quite fun actually. The skill tree is cool and will keep you busy for a long time, you can specialize quickly in one line and then branch out later, similar to Eve. BDO I hated because it was super grindy + power highly dependent on gear. But here the grind is not that bad (again, ignoring harvesting) and at the same time power does not grow out of control as much. Catching up is easier, too.

The real meat of the game will be in red/black zones though, and guild territory fight, which we have not tried yet.

So far it's fun cause I get to play with the guild again, even though I don;t have much time. Solo I would have already quit.

If you haven't done any PVP I guess you won't know how the latency is so far in that regard, I heard it's quite bad as the servers are in Washington.

(Obviously from EU players perspective, you are chinese)

Edited by Muuman

I have 200-300 ping most of the time, no idea about PVP but in PVE I sometimes manage to dodge red circles :D

I think they went the Eve route with 1 mega server but it works in Eve cause the gameplay is not twitch-based and because there is a second (?) delay for all actions anyway.

But GvG is based on the zones timezone, so usually GvG fights will happen at the prime time you play in, similar to Eve vulnerability timers. Lets you at least somewhat try to dictate if you will be up against other players with similar ping or not. Maybe. Dunno.

I hear lag in pvp is horrible, highest level zones are more or less permacamped by guilds with 30+ people, hoarding the best mats and killing anyone that enters, the grind after IV mats slows down A L O T and dungeons are repetive. But then again I hear the early game is quite decent so probably worth the initial cost.

I'll pass though, no intention of starting a MMO in the middle of the summer and I can't see this holding peoples attention for too long :P 

Best demotivation speach 2017...

Edited by Lyngs

i have now quit reading about Albion Online. 

Wasn't for me.

I shall continue to play the Awesome ESO, which you all have for free, with the fixed and awesome PVP!

Hamster God of Tamriel

Edited by Sammerkand

I think the game is great. The PvE group play is cool, and quite challenging. Crafting and island building seems cool - lots of detail. Harvesting is a bit grindy but hasn't really bothered me.

Looking forward to some pvp and hoping a few more ginnunga joining. Really easy for new people to catch up to a useful level if anyone thinking of joining.

The guild island itself, and its crafting stations that you have to build, then keep the workers fed and figure out some tax/reward system for it is pretty damn cool. Props to them for that. And we havnt really figured out half of the worker thingies. 

I also really enjoy our lil dungeon adventures, the world dungeons we done so far were proper PvE adventuring. Explore (to bad they have a map), not that easy, random bosses and require group play. This is one of the things I enjoy most in mmo's.

Its a fun little game for the summer, and for 30euro I think most of us already had their moneys worth. hehe

Edited by Cogency

Hehe, i have a few days off at the end of the week, i might try it then.

Game update for the territory fighting and stuff. Makes we wish we had lots of people playing so we could get more involved!

This game.. BIG waste of money. Be in a big organised guild or don't play it.

if you are solo, or mostly solo.. you can either do shitty PVE dungeons al lday or go gather all day. That's about it.

This game.. BIG waste of money. Be in a big organised guild or don't play it.

if you are solo, or mostly solo.. you can either do shitty PVE dungeons al lday or go gather all day. That's about it.

Awesome game. If you wanna solo don't play MMOs (or play BDO). First game that actually promotes teamplay in ages

Awesome game. If you wanna solo don't play MMOs (or play BDO). First game that actually promotes teamplay in ages

True. But if you don't have a big team to play with... don't play this game.

A few of us from Ginnunga / Soverign have join up with SUN and in the [GG] alliance. Guild controlled black zones and city etc really opens up the game.

Does anyone still have the Ginnunga guild? Me and Calyn will check it out, more are welcome to join, would be great if we could rejoin that guild and have some guildperks or w/e there is. Feel free to download and check please.

I spent 2h mining to get to T5 for some reason and then just went to black zone and hell gates in T4 gear and am having a blast. Game is super crowded too, after release there was so much negativity I thought it would just die, instead it's doing better than ever o_O

Going to play this until NW comes back from break

On 5/13/2019 at 6:11 PM, Muuman said:

Does anyone still have the Ginnunga guild? Me and Calyn will check it out, more are welcome to join, would be great if we could rejoin that guild and have some guildperks or w/e there is. Feel free to download and check please.

Just started the game with a friend, playin it for first time, i feel a bit lost actually i feel that only point is minning and i odn t even know how to recall to town.. But funny enough to make me curious and trying to reach t8...

Anyway you are active with guild ? would like to join if yes

I'm playing a bit, one of my characters is in a german guild doing random dungeons and ganking, another character I run solo.

You can totally skip all the gathering if you feel it's boring. There are ways to speed it up (a lot), and it can be quite profitable, but you might just as well kill people and sell their stuff and make tons more money that way. Or run dungeons (NOT the expeditions in the town) and make a ton of fame/money from that. I only gather when I don't have time for anything else.

For solo I usually just run into black zones and kill mobs for fame, or preferably I go into blue zone hellgates (not full loot). This character is a week old but with the right build and T4 gear I actually win most hellgates 1v1 and even 1v2, and you get a nice little chest at the end that even in blue zones can have some good stuff that sells for a lot. Sometimes I go into black zones 2v2 hellgates, but the opponents are tougher. If I had a partner, that would be the best way to make fame/money for me, it's super fun.

I think the nice thing about this game is how many different levels of PvP there are. You have your low end stuff that's already quite fun and then a ton of variations in between depending on different zones, full loot or not, small group or larger, solo ganking, zerging, and then GvG at the top end.

If you're lost, just poke me on discord and we'll do something.

interesting that some are playing it again now. Played it for  at least a year after all of you left, was in SUN pretty good guild/alliance and managed to get all the things done. Anyway enough about me and my lovely achievements, just wanted to say if you got any questions you can always yell. Pretty sure i can answer most of not all of them. 

24 minutes ago, zyphi said:

...just wanted to say if you got any questions you can always yell. Pretty sure i can answer most of not all of them. 

My therapist told me not to go back to BDO and also to not include the helicopter in my crossfit program in the park. What is your opinion?

Not anymore :(. I was playing this most of last year between New World alphas, but don't think any other Ginnungans was playing at the time.

I am playing this a bit right now. Currently in a small, non-functioning, steamer's guild... so basically I solo YZ / BZ or go group YZ BD

IG: Howls

I think I went back to this game 3 or 4 times, something keeps putting me off but I forget what it is...which makes me go back again. 

BUT NOT ANYMORE!

I did like our dungeon adventures last time though, I miss propper dungeoneering. :(