Cogency

True Detective

McConaughey is pulling a U turn like Ben Affleck did on me, I'm starting to really enjoy his work. 

Edited by Korpayne

You could have been a contender!

Anyway, this is intelligent drama of the sort HBO always used to make. As Ernesto is the only person on the planet who didn't like Breaking Bad we clearly shouldn't value his opinion on anything, even on dead animals in fermented grape juice.

McConaughey is even better in this than he was in Dallas Buyers Club (still needs an apostrophe), Wolf on Wall Street or Bernie (which is awesome). Woody Harrelson makes a funny shape with his mouth a lot that is starting to irritate me but is also pretty good.

First season finished! Looking forward to more information on next seasons characters and plot :D

Breaking Bad did suck!

:o Dont tell me you hate puppies and cherry pie too!

Best show in the past 10 years.

breaking bad was over hyped over memed over the top.You telling me 1 fucking dude screws with a mexican cartel close to the border muscles in on their narcotics and doesn't have his entire family raped and murdered over the period of 24 hours? and where was this so called empire he had? Where was the security teams and hired guns to stave off the thousands of drug trafficker and Aryan brotherhood nazi's that run meth all across america? you telling me they couldn't locate the source of the most pure meth they'd ever seen until recently? that none of the meth users could point out to other organised crime members who sold it to them and where? or that this super meth is some elaborate alchemical master class and that some chimp in a hat and some guy who is really annoying and never stops crying couldn't be tortured along with their families to find out the exact way to produce the shit? Don't think so mate jog on series 1 great stuff for me it ended there i just pretend he died of cancer as per the original intended narrative.

Talking dead (see what i did there) lots of minorities chat to each other in a play pen style prison because evidently when there is zombies you want to be on ground level with wire fences and then big daddy white man and his gun of justice comes in and tells everyone to chill because he can do what nobody else can which is "MURICAN TEAMWORK" he says cool original shit like "we'll get through this" and "stick together" which really lets you know why he's the leader and not I dunno a giant pack of savage men who steam roll walking zombies like they were nothing in melee combat grab some beers after and have the pick of the litter when it comes to anyone over 18. I'm sorry but this shows as retarded as lost and heroes and keeps throwing in new in more unrealistic assholes every week.

The Wire

Imagine if everyone in Eastenders couldn't leave the square due to abject poverty and a lack of education and were all under 30 years of age and black and instead of doing anything remotely constructive they propounded the poverty by selling drugs to people in the square and that every form of law enforcement were also so poor and abjectly indifferent to the situation given the staggering number of incarcerations due to such small offences in that community then you have correctly envisioned the wire.

YOU WANT DEPRESSION HOLD ON TO YOUR DICKS because here comes the wire a 100 part long 8 hour an episode TOUR DE FORCE where the black people say black things like "RE-UP" and the white people say white things like "Wire-tap" and if you're lucky to understand the rest of whats going on without having sold drugs or spent a year in college learning american criminal justice proceedings and law then you are basically watching these 2 factions watch each other for a while until some arrests are made which have no overall affect on the community or the narrative it seems and you are back to square one for series 2. Have fun.

True detective is the only show i can't shit on thats how i know its good.

Why the term "intelligent drama" exists or is created:

This term is used for shows that are overhyped or have a lot of potential but are not really living up to the expectations.

The shows usually have a great cast and/or setting not to mention marketing team and graphically awsome intro's, teasers and the rest of the good stuff.

But in reality the shows is boring or slow or is not living up to the expectations, so the followers from the first hour and the 'connaisseurs' call it an intelligent drama or thriller so the people that don't like it or are too critical don't speak up because there is a chance they get labelled stupid or not 'intelligent' enough to understand it ^_^ but that doesn't change the fact these shows remain boring :)

Anyway :P

I tried the first episode yesterday and fell a sleep......... So I can't say much...

Allthough, the flashback and flashforwards... I hate that... It's often a way to trick the viewer to make them think they are watching so crazy ass story with plottwists and surprising ends ect... But often is a cover for boredom..

I'll try again today :)

As for True Detective...if they had just left if after episode 7 :(    I'm bereft, it's taken me 48 hours to bring myself to talk about Episode 8 and now I can't even be fucked to make a spoiler thing to talk about it in.

Die in a fucking fire HBO.

Come play The Elder Scrolls Online with us. 

I was thinking of playing it extensively when you have all quit :)

I really don't have any interest in it, sorry old bean.