Cogency

AMD & Nvidia gfx blabla.

19 minutes ago, Kunasha said:

so many rumours.. 16GB and 20GB TI versions of 3070 and 3080 being the interesting ones....

I guess I can wait longer before I get a new GPU that I won't use all that much

Already having a 2080ti, i have also now decided to wait until next year, to see how it pans out.

I know, i also can't believe i am showing that much restraint ......

Edited by Sammerkand
i cant spell

Who the fuck are you and what did 

On 9/9/2020 at 9:38 AM, Sammerkand said:

Already having a 2080ti, i have also now decided to wait until next year, to see how it pans out.

I know, i also can't believe i am showing that much restraint ......

Who the fuck are you and what did you do with Pete?

4 hours ago, Ernesto said:

He broken man

That is not even a full sentence. Who the fuck are you and what did you do with Pignesto?!

On 9/10/2020 at 4:12 PM, Dendil said:

Who the fuck are you and what did 

Who the fuck are you and what did you do with Pete?

i grew up and became an adult ???

Nope, i dont believe it either .....

On 9/11/2020 at 8:00 PM, Sammerkand said:

i grew up and became an adult ???

Nope, i dont believe it either .....

You'll have to try better than that

I think its more the case that there is NOTHING i can run at 1440p on ultra at 60fps that i have found. For things like Division 2 i turn some of the heavy stuff off so i can get 144fps to match the monitor, 

Metro Exodus with RTX and DLSS still hits 60fps and Elite Dangerous in VR still runs like a dream.

I am saving up for a whole new rig rather than piece by piece. the 7700k is still good, so is the motherboard, but its a few generations behind as is ... nope everything else is um no older than 2 years.

I also think i will get the new 49 inch Samsung G9 1st ....

On 9/11/2020 at 6:09 AM, Ernesto said:

Yes

Pregnesto! He has pregnancy brain again maybe.

edit: bit of on topic - 

I was on discord with a few of you and explaining my black screens and 100% GPU fan on my RTX 2080.. after hours and hours of testing every solution out there, underclocking, this setting or that setting, PCI slots, PSU etc... I got a solution.

Believe it or not, windows fixed it.... I enrolled in the beta program after hearing of some people having success with it and the 2H20 patch fixed the crashes, I gave it a shot and sure enough, no more event viewer errors relating to the issue, no more crashes and 100% GPU fan scaring the shit out of me, My card is not underclocked, everything back to the original settings except for that new 2H20 patch. :mind_blown:

Edited by Howley

On 9/3/2020 at 6:17 PM, Ernesto said:

Need reviews to see if 3080 or 3090. 3090 is stupid, but with no time to game, maybe i can get epeen by spending stupid money

3090 is the followup for Titan RTX i  believe. At least i bought my 2080Ti last year during the summer because Cyberpunk was coming.... since that was delayed twice i could have waited another year since they are hyping 30xx now with it.... although i assume 2080Ti will run cyberpunk just fine

10 hours ago, Sammerkand said:

Bloody Hell, nice result No 1 Internet Son!

Hahahahaughhaha.............................................

I had to open my mouth, so I start getting the crashes again like an hour after posting, middle of writing stuff for college no less. 

Went back and underclocked to 1515mhz to see if that would help, nope... crashed 10 mins later, then again and again. I log the GPU reads, temps were 53c, memory was only like 400-500mbs in use, I have new dump files to look through but the weird one, the kernal shows critical - shut down without cleanly powering off, it's weird because when this crash happens I use win+x > u > u (shortcut to shutdown) so the kernal should not be giving me an incorrect shut down critical warning. 

... I don't want to buy a new card :S

These cards have me very excited but I can't justify throwing out my 2080 RTX especially cause I still get excellent performance in any game I play on Ultra even while streaming.

It's calling out to me, but as I'm cashing in some crypto for part of the cost, I'll wait until prices are better

I may have just about got an order in on time to get it tomorrow... we'll see

I missed it on two different stores, what a fucking shitshow.. 

:( 

Could have used one to power the VR headset.

managed to snag it at 14.30 before overclockers.co.uk site went down completely, only got the order confirmation 40mins ago

Order Number: 5*****8 (Internet Reference: OC*****48)
Date ordered: 17/09/2020 14:33:34
Payment Method: Braintree_CC
Shipping Method: DPD Next Day (Mon-Fri)
----------------------------------------------------------
Goods Ordered (prices in GBP)
£624.99 x 1 - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
£0.00 x 1 - FREE WITH GX-1BU-GI: NVIDIA RTX Bundle Promotion - Watchdogs Legion & GeForce NOW

That's before VAT and next day delivery, so £760 total

They posted this on the forum at 1pm, so that forum users had a chance to get a 1st day card 

The following cards are in stock right now and shall be available to order around 14:00 today, quantities are limited and expected to sell out straight away, GOOD LUCK!
- Gigabyte Eagle
- Gigabyte Gaming
- Asus TUF
- Palit Gaming Pro
- Palit Gaming Pro OC
- Zotac Trinity

Stock arriving over next few days:
- MSI Ventus
- MSI Trio
- Asus TUF
- Palit Gaming Pro
- Gigabyte Eagle
- Gigabyte Gaming
- Zotac Trinity

That swayed my purchase. That and the 2 Gigabytes and Zotac cards you can get waterblocks for.

Yet to get a despatch email though, but I know someone who got the Asus card at 3pm, who just got that

Edited by Kunasha

on a thread about which manufacturer and model people would get on the ocuk forums, someone posted something like this:

"I'll get whichever non-stupid price card will fit an easily available waterblock, so Gigabyte Eagle/Gamer, or Zotac Trinity"

link to thread

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/so-decided-on-a-3080-which-manufacturer-and-why.18898393/

seems an evga one was mentioned too

Edited by Kunasha
took FE out

global stock shortages.. considering cancelling my "pre-order" that was an order now, then seeing what happens later.. I can wait after all

Going by the forums and looking at order numbers, at 14.33 I was in the first 800 across the 21 cards that were on offer.  I'll let the order sit, as that's a good chance of getting it before Xmas :)

I'm undecided about whether to include it in my full loop, I could  just temporarily put the WC through my mobo until I decide later

Edited by Kunasha

Would still miss a proper working videocard :( 

I just want one to VR in all its glory, dammit!

Edited by Cogency

21 minutes ago, Cogency said:

Would still miss a proper working videocard :( 

I just want one to VR in all its glory, dammit!

i have a spare 980 ti ?

12 hours ago, Sammerkand said:

i have a spare 980 ti ?

No thanks, its ok. I will be patient. 

You guys got me hooked on Gamer Nexus / Steve on youtube - Yesterday I watched their live stream to break the 3dMark record for single GPU score. They got 14069 on liquid nitrogen, clicky youtube link

I'll pass on the 3080 for at least 6 months, I want to see how reliable the cards are because of the issues I've had with my 2080 although I seem to have it working again now... too much BS though. 

image.thumb.png.7d64f4893e8ff751b895207034665bae.png