Cogency

AMD & Nvidia gfx blabla.

I looked at performance and stuff yesterday, the new cards are strong, but holy shit it's expensive at the moment, they are truly milking the high end like there is no tomorrow.

Sure, a new 2080ti is twice as fast as my 980ti, but it costs twice as much as the 980ti did when new! - 2 generation of graphics cards and instead of keeping price the same, but increase power, they just doubled the price.

Since I have 2, I am good for another 2-3- generations, but still. Meh.

1 x 980ti still pushes 60+ fps 1440p fine for me. If it stops hitting that then I might be better off investing in a gsync monitor

RTX ON!

Raytracing blabla, must admit that the technology is pretty damn awesome. Maybe in 4 years it will run fine.

well just bought an Acer xb271hua , 1440p Gsync, 27" .

my 1080 still usefull, bought it 429€, 2 years ago, i won't change for those 2070 2080 ... price is crazy

Interesting. Looks like I should wait for a couple more years before changing monitor, as it looks like nvidia are going to lose the sync format war

New nvidia 30xx series is almost looking too good to be true. RTX 3070 allegedly outperforming 2080ti at $499 for example.

Almost feels like time travel, back to the time when the best cards were ~500 bucks.

Ofc they have 3080 for $699 and 3090 (Titan replacer) for $1499 as well, those prices are still a lot cheaper than the 20xx series though ($2500 for RTX Titan, 12-1500 for 2080ti etc).

Oh and it seems to pretty much be the final nail in the coffin for SLI (only the 3090 supports it).

Will be interesting to see if AMD has any kind of response to this.

i pre ordered the 3080. my 2080ti is now worthless ......

Im too happy i didnt jump the gun earlier this year and spend 1500 on some ROG 2080ti heh (plus another ~1500 on the rest), was really close.. Ended up getting a really cheap 2060 super instead, which honestly made my 6 year old computer feel close to brand new again. Have no issues maxing out most games on the 29" ultra wide at least.

But this made me itch a bit again.

4 hours ago, Sammerkand said:

i pre ordered the 3080. my 2080ti is now worthless ......

Of course you did. :)

I'm very close to pulling the trigger for a 3080 too. Just in two minds about whether I go for one designed for air cooling, or get one with a waterblock so it can sit on my full loop where the 980TI is. Seems overkill to run the CPU by itself with a 280 and 360 radiator

THe correct phgrase would be "Expressed Interest" on a PC component Site. This will notiy me when i can throw my money at Nvidia, BUT it does put me on the reserved waiting lists so i will get 1st Crack.

Seeing as i bought my 2080ti in nove 18, i do feel i have had a reasonable moneys worth from it. It will be my sons Xmas present .......

which site was that? these cards are probably going to be in short supply

(my 980TI was bought on November 2015 O_o)

Edited by Kunasha

cyberpower uk, i am a long time customer ...

Need reviews to see if 3080 or 3090. 3090 is stupid, but with no time to game, maybe i can get epeen by spending stupid money

So, 3070 is going to be on par with 2080ti and lower power usage? No wonder there are used 2080ti's going for 400€ atm. 🤣

Really need 3080 for 1440p though, hopefully pushing 144hz, but we'll see

I'll probably wait for reviews too

13 hours ago, Ernesto said:

Need reviews to see if 3080 or 3090. 3090 is stupid, but with no time to game, maybe i can get epeen by spending stupid money

Welcome to parenthood .

20 hours ago, Ernesto said:

You, sadly, probably need to change your location on the forums away from Cyperspace... :(

I've "needed" (wanted) a new rig for like 2 years, but I don't game much either. So, what is the point? My current rig is more than enough for my work.
... now I find myself looking at laptops as I need one of those for work when working away from home. And the bench mark for what I "need" (want) is the games I don't play. Because it makes me feel better than buying a shit laptop good enough only to work on... 

For me, I think that buying kit good enough to game on, keeps me in touch with past years. Where, getting tech only for work sort of means I have mentally resigned myself to that period of my life being mostly in the past. 

Edited by Cupe

6 hours ago, Cupe said:

You, sadly, probably need to change your location on the forums away from Cyperspace... :(

I've "needed" (wanted) a new rig for like 2 years, but I don't game much either. So, what is the point? My current rig is more than enough for my work.
... now I find myself looking at laptops as I need one of those for work when working away from home. And the bench mark for what I "need" (want) is the games I don't play. Because it makes me feel better than buying a shit laptop good enough only to work on... 

For me, I think that buying kit good enough to game on, keeps me in touch with past years. Where, getting tech only for work sort of means I have mentally resigned myself to that period of my life being mostly in the past. 

Dont you dare think like that.

YOU ARE NEVER TO OLD TO GAME!!!

Even if it is only for a few hours a week, it still counts!

Edited by Sammerkand

Yes sir!

My apologies. I will buy this new 3070 rig with all manner of tasty components. And I will play more games than just Gloomhaven on it, probably!

so many rumours.. 16GB and 20GB TI versions of 3070 and 3080 being the interesting ones....

I guess I can wait longer before I get a new GPU that I won't use all that much