Cogency

AMD & Nvidia gfx blabla.

Got my hands on an Aorus Xtreme with waterblock. Now just hoping it will be here before christmas so I can game. (and also the two couplings I ordered so I can put it in the loop lol)

Has anyone compared price now vs price they paid?

From the same shop I used (overclockers.co.uk), the exact same Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX3080 would cost me £140 more now. That's a 20% increase!

Price for 3080 I ordered increased by 260$ from what I payed for it but they removed option to preorder any 3080 around 2weeks ago. As far as I know they are still trying to fulfill orders from september.

Edited by Nexi

My 3090 is €590 more expensive now, and the price I paid is €550 more than the 3080 is now, as suspected, so not as catasrophically bad deal

On 07/10/2020 at 7:57 PM, Ernesto said:

I have the same case as Kunasha, the enormous Enthoo Primo, so not the best airflow. A smaller case more created for air cooling would give the card extra power I would think.

I just added 2 more Phantek PWM hubs, so now I have top radiator fans running from 1st hub on CPU_Fan, back fan on CHA_1, bottom rads on 2nd hub on CHA_2, then front fans on 3rd hub on CHA_3. 

Then seeing as I don't have all the drive bays in (1xNVME, 4xSSD, 2xHDD, so I took the bottom half of the drive bays out), I think that I actually have decent air flow. 

I have the front and bottom fans ramping up fastest as they suck in air, then the back and top fans coming in later

The new PWM hubs have nice blue LED lights, which get covered up by the case wall, hahaha

20210207_142248.jpg

oooh, I can add one of these to my 2nd PC, which only has 2 spaces for HDD inside and is already full

That'll help my Mrs out with her new photography hobbie!

12 hours ago, Kunasha said:

oooh, I can add one of these to my 2nd PC, which only has 2 spaces for HDD inside and is already full

That'll help my Mrs out with her new photography hobbie!

8 Tb SSD or bust

On 2/7/2021 at 8:54 PM, Kunasha said:

I just added 2 more Phantek PWM hubs, so now I have top radiator fans running from 1st hub on CPU_Fan, back fan on CHA_1, bottom rads on 2nd hub on CHA_2, then front fans on 3rd hub on CHA_3. 

Then seeing as I don't have all the drive bays in (1xNVME, 4xSSD, 2xHDD, so I took the bottom half of the drive bays out), I think that I actually have decent air flow. 

I have the front and bottom fans ramping up fastest as they suck in air, then the back and top fans coming in later

The new PWM hubs have nice blue LED lights, which get covered up by the case wall, hahaha

20210207_142248.jpg

Awesome! - It's funny that we have a 200 liter case or something like that, and there is STILL a huge cable mess in the back!

1 hour ago, Ernesto said:

Awesome! - It's funny that we have a 200 liter case or something like that, and there is STILL a huge cable mess in the back!

But damn is it tidy up front! 

I could probably do better really, but I'm putting off it all until I finally decide to upgrade the mobo, ram and cpu. At which point I will probably put the gpu under water too. No point breaking the loop yet again until then. 

On 1/29/2021 at 10:03 AM, Kunasha said:

Has anyone compared price now vs price they paid?

From the same shop I used (overclockers.co.uk), the exact same Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX3080 would cost me £140 more now. That's a 20% increase!

Now it's £240 more, an increase of £100 in less than a month. 

The Gigabyte Eagle OC RTX3070 is slightly more expensive than what I paid for my card, and that's not just a GPU tier down, but also a model down too.

GPU market is so fucked, I'm really glad I spent that time camping the OCUK website on the 3080 release date and chose a model their forum said was in stock at release with more coming week after.

Edited by Kunasha

On 2/25/2021 at 9:09 AM, Kunasha said:

Now it's £240 more, an increase of £100 in less than a month. 

The Gigabyte Eagle OC RTX3070 is slightly more expensive than what I paid for my card, and that's not just a GPU tier down, but also a model down too.

GPU market is so fucked, I'm really glad I spent that time camping the OCUK website on the 3080 release date and chose a model their forum said was in stock at release with more coming week after.

It’s all the mining rigs being built isn’t it.