Cogency

AMD & Nvidia gfx blabla.

so basically JayZ2BrainCells creates an internet witch hunt with unverified speculation, then back pedals massively when the most obvious reason (drivers) is proved to be the actual problem

Edited by Kunasha

I dont think its just the driver though, because those other cards can still go higher. Now they just limited them from going overboard. 

mine boosts higher now than it did with the first driver

We're also talking 2GHz clock speeds on a 1710MHz base clock, approx 300MHz above stock clock which is a 17.6% overclock for free. It's already a substantial benefit, and the Hardware Unboxed dude is right, if the 2nd driver had been put out because proper testing had been done, nobody would have questioned it.

Did you buy it or is it just a picture ?

Since i can't do SLI anymore, this is the only way to be more e-peen than Kunasha. Also, no 3080 was available, 3080 strix was like january for me and only 600 euro cheaper so mjeh. Havent spent any money for like a year since I bought my last suit and it made me happy. 10% more FPS for €600 happy.

2 hours ago, Ernesto said:

Since i can't do SLI anymore, this is the only way to be more e-peen than Kunasha. Also, no 3080 was available, 3080 strix was like january for me and only 600 euro cheaper so mjeh. Havent spent any money for like a year since I bought my last suit and it made me happy. 10% more FPS for €600 happy.

Now do this

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/gamer-installs-crysis-3-on-geforce-rtx-3090s-vram-and-it-runs

11 hours ago, Ernesto said:

As my good friend Sheryl Crow once said; if it makes you happy it can't be that bad

It seems to deliver rock steady 1950mhz constantly, maxing out at 66c. No overclock or anything touched or done yet. Will tinker when I get the block.

It is significantly louder than the old cards, but those used two 120mm AIO coolers at very low fan speeds. But only loud in comparation of course, I would guess this card is pretty quiet compared to most, but just guessing here hehe.

I have the same case as Kunasha, the enormous Enthoo Primo, so not the best airflow. A smaller case more created for air cooling would give the card extra power I would think.

Control, which is very heavy to run, was constantly above 60, sniffing 100s, with all the bells and whistles turned on, no DLSS fake ass crap.

Edited by Ernesto